Looking for recipies

Not really a recipe, but something that I make with left over ham (and will have for dinner tonight) based on something that was made for me in WDW.

Cover the bottom of a pan/skillet with olive oil. Add in sliced little red potatoes and sliced onions. Add a bit of salt and pepper Let brown. Add slices of pepper (I used 1 green and 1 yellow). Cover and let cook for a few minutes. Add ham cubes. Cover and let cook for a few minutes. Finally add some mushrooms and let cook for about another 5-10 minutes. The amount of all of the above depends on what you have and how many people you are cooking for. The whole thing takes about 30 minutes (obviously the potatoes needed to be cooked the longest, I probably gave them 10 minutes to start before adding the rest of the ingredients). It's kind of a non-let. You could serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My hubby likes to add a little catchup to it.

We use it in scalloped potatoes, macaroni & cheese & to flavor green beans (esp if there are pan juices left. My mother used to grind it up for ham salad. (I don't have a meat/nut grinder, though.) I like it for curried rice also.

Curried Rice - Leftovers
4 Tbl butter
1 c diced meat, cooked
1 c vegetables
1/2 c sunflower seeds
1 c mushrooms
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 c raisins
1 dash pepper
4 c rice, cooked
1 c crushed pineapple
Melt butter or margarine. Saute vegetables, meat, seeds raisins & spices. Toss in rice & garnish with drained pineapple.

The following recipe I haven't tried, but might be something to you'd like.

Ham & Noodle Casserole (Microwave)
Serves 4
1 c uncooked fine egg noodles
1 1/2 c diced, cooked ham
2 Tbl chopped onion
2 Tbl butter or margarine
1 can (10/5 oz) condense cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 c French-style green beans, precooked & drained
1/2 c water
2 Tbl bread crumbs

Cook noodles & set aside. In 1 1/2 qt casserole, combine ham, onion & butter. Cook, covered on High 3 min. Add chicken soup, noddles, beans & water. Stir. Cook, covered on high 5 minutes or until hot. Stir once during cooking time. Top with bread crumbs. Let stand 2 - 3 min before serving.
NOTE: Fresh, frozen or canned green beans may be used. No need to precook canned beans.

How about a cheddar, swiss and ham quiche?? Just use a general recipe and replace the bacon with ham, and the swiss with swiss and cheddar...and you might want to make 2, because if you like this kind of stuff, you'll love this! We make them all the time...

:):):)

I'm planning on using some leftover ham in my freezer for bean soups. I love it in lentil soup and navy bean soup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter