Looking for Puerto Vallarta Excursion Thoughts~ :)

minniebeth

DIS Veteran
Specifically Las Caletas vs. Yelapa/Majahuitas excursions~
We want something a little different than just a beach day, but love the beach so we thought these options would be nice. I've watched videos of reviews on both. I don't love the idea of the long boat ride each way for both of the excursions. We love exploring new and unique places, so this is why they appeal to us as well. I guess I'm just looking for real people feedback.
Also, I've read that (not sure where) there are vendors who walk the beaches with animals. That terrifies me lol so looking for info on what that's all about. Any feedback would be appreciated!

I haven't done those excursions, but I have been to Puerto Vallarta. There were tons of vendors walking up to everyone on the beach to sell their wares. If you want to just relax it can get annoying. I didn't notice any animals other than people walking dogs. But I can understand if you are afraid of dogs (I can be weary of them at times myself).

We've been to Las Caletas and it was awesome. We didn't go as part of a cruise. We were just in Puerto Vallarta and booked it as a day trip but it's the same excursion (we stopped and picked up cruise passengers on the way). The food was fantastic, there were a ton of activities and everyone working the excursion was top notch. I'd go again in a heartbeat. My daughter was around almost 8 at the time and loved every minute of it. There were parrots, monkeys, snakes, donkey rides, zip line, innertubes, stand up paddle boards, kayaks and more. The animals weren't on the beach with vendors. There were set up locations you went to where you could engage with the animals if you wanted. They weren't extra. Everything was included.

The only negative is what you said, that it's a little bit of a boat ride to get there and if you get seasick, definitely take something. The ride there/back has a slight party boat/rum punch vibe, which isn't my scene (especially at the end of the day when a lot of the folks coming back have enjoyed the open bar a little too much) but honestly, it was made up for by the rest of the day that was awesome. We bought the photo package and it was worth it. We are NOT beach people (yawn) but loved this because there was so many other options.

I don't know anything about the other excursion you mentioned, sorry, but I can definitely vouch for Las Caletas. If you search this forum, you'll find a few threads here and there about it. I've never seen anyone say anything negative. You can also check the Trip Advisor reviews here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...ch_and_Open_Bar-Nuevo_Vallarta_P.html#REVIEWS

Attachments

• DSCF0310.JPG
    DSCF0310.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 0
  • FERNANDA LOPEZ (28).JPG
    FERNANDA LOPEZ (28).JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DIEGO SOLANO (10).JPG
    DIEGO SOLANO (10).JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 0

PV is easy to go on your own. Wonderful old town. Take a taxi or even public bus to Malecon. Lovely area to walk, beautiful church, lots of restaurants. We go to PV almost every year. It’s a great place. And the local people are fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter