Looking for private excursion recommendation for Med Cruise.....

disdreams77

Mouseketeer
Hello :) Looking for private excursion recommendations for the following ports and would LOVE some recommendations!

Rome
Pompeii
florence/Pisa
Milan

Large family traveling together (4 adults - parents and grandparents, 4 children ages 2 through 11)

Kid friendly is a must! Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

H

We use Rome in Limo for Pompeii/Naples. We had six in our group. Cost was probably the same if we had gone through DCL to Pompeii, but we got there much more quickly than the DCL busses and could set our own time to go there, then back to Naples for lunch and the museum. Highly recommend.

I've arranged several excursions for our multigenerational family of 8 throughout Europe, though none to your exact ports. Get on TripAdvisor and contact several companies. Tell them what you are looking for. I select the company that seems easiest to communicate with, and is willing to work with customizing for our family. Be aware that in Italy, you can hire a driver separate from a guide (who is licensed - tested in history, culture, etc.) Guides can go with you into the sites, drivers just get you there. Driver only is cheaper, but you have no guarantee you'll get much in the way of information/history/etc.

My family really enjoys food tours, so I usually plan one on every trip.

You can also look at CruiseCritic. Some companies will give multi-city discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter