Looking for Port Canaveral hotel suggestions

Yes, there is another hotel in the same parking lot. I have stayed at quite a few Hampton Inns, this one seems to need a major update.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...veral-Cocoa_Beach_Brevard_County_Florida.html
We were considering this Hampton Inn, Cocoa Beach. That is a shame to hear it is in decline. We usually stay at either the Hilton Homewood Suites or the Country Inn and Suites. But, this time we were thinking of trying something different with ocean access. Any recommendations for something on the beach? Or, maybe we should stick with what we know?

My family and I stayed at the Radisson for two nights before our cruise and we enjoyed it. It was close to the port and within walking distance to a few different resturants.

Our plan is to stay at a Marriott property (because the people are always fantastic, and thanks to way too much work travel, I have status and can stay for free). So, I think our choice will be between the Residence Inn and the Sheraton Four Points (thanks to the Marriott-Starwood merger). Any preferences between the two? I notice that the Sheraton provides a shuttle service to/from MCO, which would be one fewer thing to have to coordinate separately. I've never been to Cocoa Beach or to Port Canaveral, so I am open to suggestions/opinions on the two.

My wife and I stayed at the hotel in the airport. it was our 1St cruise so we wanted to be able to get to the bus in time. For our next cruise we are staying close to airport with free shuttle to airport so we can just walk to the bus. For us it's more of the time we get on the boat. Please note it takes time to process you to get on the boat.

If we want to fly down two days before the cruise at MCO how do you get to your hotel? We are thinking about doing this.

If we want to fly down two days before the cruise at MCO how do you get to your hotel? We are thinking about doing this.

We're booking the cruise through our travel agent, but then we're booking hotel and air travel separately. We're probably a special case. Because I book hotels/air travel weekly anyway, I'm just more comfortable doing it on my own. Also, since I'm doing both hotel on points and air travel on miles, both will end up being free for the family. I'm not sure I could coordinate that through DCL/TA?

I assume the cruise regulars have better/more convenient methods.

We use FL Tours (advertised here). Regardless of day before or multiple. They do a great job for a decent price (It's always been less than the cost of the DCL Transfers).

A suggestion you didn't ask for...you may want to rent a car to get to the Port Canaveral area. That way you have a car to go to dinner and to the Space Center. Lots of rental places near the port. Then you can drop the car off the morning of the cruise and take a shuttle to the port.
It's a very easy drive from the airport to Port Canaveral. One highway a straight shot.

Thanks, Weedy! This is what we are doing. And then grabbing a rental when the cruise is over to head back to WDW. Can't wait!

A suggestion you didn't ask for...you may want to rent a car to get to the Port Canaveral area. That way you have a car to go to dinner and to the Space Center. Lots of rental places near the port. Then you can drop the car off the morning of the cruise and take a shuttle to the port.
It's a very easy drive from the airport to Port Canaveral. One highway a straight shot.

Wendy - do you know which car rentals will shuttle you to the port for the cruise? We'd like to rent a car for our next trip and drop it off the day we board but I'm having a hard time trying to find out which rental locations we can pick up at MCO and then drop off down at the port. Thanks.

Just a thought. Price out the rental with parking it for the length of your cruise. We did this and it was a better deal than returning and re-renting. Sometimes you get lucky with your dates and times, sometimes not, but it's worth pricing out.

We always rent a car for convenience. Last year we stayed the Radisson Resort and found it to be nice. My boys loved the pool. Prior to that we did a couple days at Universal (sons love Harry Potter) and also drove a rental down. We like the car because you can leave at your convenience and get to breakfast/dinner/grocery store as needed.

Wendy - do you know which car rentals will shuttle you to the port for the cruise? We'd like to rent a car for our next trip and drop it off the day we board but I'm having a hard time trying to find out which rental locations we can pick up at MCO and then drop off down at the port. Thanks.

we are using Hertz from MCO with a drop off at their Cape Canaveral location, and they advertise a shuttle service. We'll do the reverse on the way back to Orlando after the cruise.

We stayed at the Hampton (not the greatest), and Country Inn and Suites when they opened. We stayed there for several years.

Right across the street is now the Homewood Suites. This is our new favorite hotel. Brand new, more spacious rooms, free breakfast and it is now the closest to the port with a view of the ships.

It was rated #1 in the area.

Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral - Cocoa Beach
250 reviews
#1 of 7 hotels in Cape Canaveral

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...Beach-Cape_Canaveral_Brevard_County_Flor.html

Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
795 reviews
#2 of 7 hotels in Cape Canaveral

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...ch-Cape_Canaveral_Brevard_County_Florida.html

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Canaveral
2,046 reviews
#3 of 7 hotels in Cape Canaveral

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...al-Cape_Canaveral_Brevard_County_Florida.html

Yes, I second the Homewood Suites. New hotel and they have very good amenities. Location is excellent. Park and Cruise package if you need it as well.

Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach

9000 Astronaut Boulevard, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920, USA

Budget and Avis both do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter