Looking for "pool day" ideas...

TinkerBellSam

Mouseketeer
Looking for some ideas for a non park day. We will do Typhoon Lagoon, (love the wave pool!!) but my kids are competitive swimmers, so a day relaxing at the hotel pool is not a that big of a treat. Are the Mouse Boats fun? Is the Horseback ride worth it? We have a behind the scenes tour booked and will be seeing La Nouba, looking for additional ideas. Thanks!!!!!

:dogdance:

There are a lot of things you can rent, depending on how adventurous you are, how much you want to spend and how much time you have.

You can rent: bikes, canoes, kayaks or for a little more adventure: parasailing, wake boarding, tubing, water skiing or waverunners.

We use a day like this for a bit of a break. We will hit a water park early and stay until around one or two AM and head back to the resort. We will usually go to DTD/Disney Springs for dinner, maybe some shopping and possibly dessert at Ghiradelli's. We like to have a slower day so we can recharge for the next few days.

The Boathouse and Morimoto's opened recently and have relatively reasonable menus.

The mini golf is fun.

We have a pool and live near the beach, so the kids are in the water almost every day year round (So Cal, so warm winters and they have wet suits). 2 of my kids surf. They weren't interested in regular pools at Disney, but I could barely tear them away from the water slides, lazy river, whirlpool, etc at Stormalong Bay, so you might be surprised how much your kids want to swim.

It's tradition for us to play Fantasia Fairways...when we go with my in-laws, DH and DFIL go head to head and make it very competitive. It's a much more difficult course than traditional mini golf but still loads of fun.

Do you have a car or are you just using Disney buses? We're only planning 2 park days (of the 10 days we are there over Christmas - inlaws are there a week ahead with the kids and will do parks then). Some of the things I have planned to do;

- Typhoon Lagoon
- mini golf
- shopping and exploring downtown Disney
- wandering around Celebration
- breakfast at the Poly, followed by a tour of the monorail resorts
- movies (DH keeps pestering me to see if tickets for the new Star Wars movie are available yet.....)
- outlet shopping
- airboat ride (for some of the group - rest of us are going to do the outlet mall(s) that day)

Sea Raycers are great. Get them at Contemporary though then head around the lakes. Lots of fun on a down day.

Since you will be there in December, go to all the deluxe resorts and see the decorations. They are worth it.

I absolutely LOVE doing boat rentals from the resort marina! Searaycers are fun, and I really loved the boston whaler!

Personally, I'd plan a TS Lunch at a resort somewhere, and spend the rest of the day relaxing in the resort room.

I second the mini golf idea. That is a tradition for us too :) Its a nice, relaxing way to spend the afternoon after having a swim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter