Looking for Points, May19-24 2002

TrudyZ

Mouseketeer
Boy, I haven't seen $15 per point on this board in quite a long time. Seems like there are plenty of people renting in the $10 range; and several at $8 or $9. Never mind what I think the true value of the points are (I bought in just recently, so I have more invested for a shorter contract than those who bought years ago, so I personally feel they are worth more than $10 pp). The current market on these boards doesn't seem to be that high (and the multitude of deep discounts that Disney is offering these days seems to suppress the prices of the rental market).

Plus, with the uncertainty going on in the world these days, renting points doesn't give you flexiblity or the near the cancellation options (sometimes no cancellation options) that CRO does.

Heck, I even saw a couple offers for Christmas for $10 per point, and one for Christmas at $9 per point. And there have been reports of people getting studios, 1bdrms, 2 bdrms thru CRO at all three onsite locations for unbelieveably cheap (relatively speaking) prices.

Good luck, because if you can get $15 pp, it makes all of our points more valuable--and anyone of us could be in the position to need to rent points out someday. But I am afraid economics aren't with you these days,

Trudy

Just because some uninformed members give away thier points for 9 or 10 dollars does not mean everyone else has to. It is our duty to inform all members!! Points are easy to rent in the $15-17 a point range.

Thanks for all of your input. I feel that at $15 per point it's a great deal for those renting sometimes with as much as a 50% discount. I guess if I had some points that were going to expire I would take what ever I could get. I also have observed that the rates are $6-$10 per point on this board and have been for several years. When do the cost of points ($72) from Disney and the room rate increases Disney imposses each year come to effect the price we get for our surplus points.

Thanks Tyler

Originally posted by TrudyZ
The current market on these boards doesn't seem to be that high (and the multitude of deep discounts that Disney is offering these days seems to suppress the prices of the rental market).

Plus, with the uncertainty going on in the world these days, renting points doesn't give you flexiblity or the near the cancellation options (sometimes no cancellation options) that CRO does.

Good luck, because if you can get $15 pp, it makes all of our points more valuable--and anyone of us could be in the position to need to rent points out someday. But I am afraid economics aren't with you these days,

Trudy

I have to agree with Trudy, as someone looking to rent points. I most certainly will not pay over $10 ppt, because I have an AP, and I can get a 45% discount. So, if the ppt is over $10 what would be my incentive as a renter? With the deep discounts Disney has been offering, it would not behoove me to lock myself in to something more expensive than my 45% AP discount. I realize that AP discounts are not always a sure thing, but I can be flexible enough if I have to revamp my travel dates. A DVC rental is not flexible, as you are locked in at 11 months out.

That being said, a DVC rental is still attractive to me, but only if the price is reasonable. Over $10ppt is not reasonable to me as a renter, but I understand that some of you feel that is not enough. At $15 ppt, you will more than likely find yourself sitting on those points, barring those last minute types who will pay a premium to get what they can.

Please read the <a href="http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63551">"Word about Posts..."</a> thread at the top of the Rent/Trade page.

The comments above, wishing to debate the point cost offered, have been split into this thread, which has been moved to the DVC Board for any appropriate discussion. Please continue the discussion there.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter