Looking for opinions on Trails End dinnee buffet

gillenkl

DIS Veteran
Looking to eat here on our next trip. Has anyone eaten here recently that could give me your review? Any thoughts would be helpful. Is this the same food that is served at Hoop. Dee Doo?

Had breakfast there many of times, nothing to complain about as the choices and foods are well done....plus mickey waffels.

We finally had dinner there this past trip, some of the dishes are the same options from the review (chicken and ribs) but there are more options beyond that. Good salad bar, peel and eat shrimp, hand carved brisket, hot cobbler and soft serve ice cream where some of the other items I enjoyed.

Looking to eat here on our next trip. Has anyone eaten here recently that could give me your review? Any thoughts would be helpful. Is this the same food that is served at Hoop. Dee Doo?

It is very good. :thumbsup2 We ate dinner there our last trip there in Dec. and plan to eat there in April again.

Have never been to the Hoop dee doo, but from what I've heard some of the dishes are indeed the same, but much, much, more. The smoked brisket we had was some of the best I've eaten. The boiled shrimp were also very good. Was really pleasantly surprised at how very good it was, as we had stopped eating there for a few years, as it had been on a decline, quality wise and quantity wise in our opinion. Is worth it to us now, though. :goodvibes

Our Ratings of Trails End: (rev 12/11/12)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: D
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The above ratings are for breakfast and dinner, which have
good, tasty comfort food. We like them both as dining alternatives,
as they are reasonably priced for Disney meals. Lunch, however,
is far, far behind in quality and value. In Spring-2011, they changed
lunch menus and we no longer recommend midday Trail's End. For
dinner, try the fried chicken and "make-your-own-potato" bar. At
breakfast, you NEED, NEED, NEED the sticky buns. Also, the nice
thing about breakfast, is the low crowd level, since many campers
prepare breakfast at their site. Trail's End Breakfast Buffet is the
second best breakfast buffet, just behind The Wave breakfast buffet
at Contemporary.

We eat there every trip (at least once or twice a year) and either do the buffet or the fried chicken carry out...or both.;) We've always been pleased. It's very good country style cooking. We've had the fried chicken from the Hoop Dee Doo and Trails End. It is the same. :goodvibes

We had the breakfast buffet about a month ago, the dinner buffet two weeks ago, and also used the take-out chicken dinner once, and the pizza one night. All is very good, and I consider the dinner buffet one of the best deals for Disney dining on property....sshh, don't tell them, they'll raise the price!

Reservations made. Thanks. We aren't staying at the Fort this trip :-)eek:) but I wanted to bring DH for a visit and a Fort Fix.

I really enjoyed it. It's pretty no-frills basic stuff, but all very good. I especially liked the potato bar, ribs, and pulled pork. The staff is very friendly as well. Wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.

We go there everytime we are at the Fort, atleast once for breakfast and dinner. The food is good, of course this is a buffet, so there is much better food on property, but the staff has always been great, we some how get the same server and he is fantastic. So, overall, I would say give it a try and make sure to get some of that soft serve ice cream over a brownie!! :goodvibes

We haven't camped at the fort for a while but we still go to Trails End just about every trip.

When we were there in AUg we had a large crowd of 11 people. We got a 4:30 slot. It was my favorite meal of the entire trip. We sat around and talked and laughed a lot. It was very relaxing and it was great.

Everyone loved the food. My bil has some stomach issues and the chef made him his own dessert.

Our Ratings of Trails End: (rev 12/11/12)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: D
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The above ratings are for breakfast and dinner, which have
good, tasty comfort food. We like them both as dining alternatives,
as they are reasonably priced for Disney meals. Lunch, however,
is far, far behind in quality and value. In Spring-2011, they changed
lunch menus and we no longer recommend midday Trail's End. For
dinner, try the fried chicken and "make-your-own-potato" bar. At
breakfast, you NEED, NEED, NEED the sticky buns. Also, the nice
thing about breakfast, is the low crowd level, since many campers
prepare breakfast at their site. Trail's End Breakfast Buffet is the
second best breakfast buffet, just behind The Wave breakfast buffet
at Contemporary.

I'm gonna differ with you on the following:

. . . food price value: A

IMHO breakfast at TE is the best value in all of WDW.

. . . food quality: A
. . . food quantity: A
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: A
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery convenience: A (if you're staying at the fort, what could be more convenient?)
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: A

Food quality is much better than Chef Mickey's. TE serves real bacon, not the cardboard variety at other buffets.

Food quantity ... there's always plenty to go around.

Food prep speed ... never had a problem.

Staff friendlinesss ... they are great.

Staff attentiveness ... could you ask for anything more?

. . . eatery convenience: A (if you're staying at the fort, what could be more convenient?)

Food quality is much better than Chef Mickey's. TE serves real bacon, not the cardboard viariety at other buffets.

:thumbsup2 I agree - it was A-1 with us. The brisket was the best the night we were there that we have ever gotten *anywhere*, on property, or off. I'm sure it could vary, night to night, but that night was *nigh perfect*.

Food quality is much better than Chef Mickey's. TE serves real bacon, not the cardboard variety at other buffets.

:thumbsup2 It's our must-do of every trip and we plan to eat Thanksgiving dinner there on the next one.

We go there everytime we are at the Fort, atleast once for breakfast and dinner. The food is good, of course this is a buffet, so there is much better food on property, but the staff has always been great, we some how get the same server and he is fantastic. So, overall, I would say give it a try and make sure to get some of that soft serve ice cream over a brownie!! :goodvibes

Oh boy. That MIGHT be enough to get me to fork over the price for dinner. ::yes::

Bama ED

Even better, get some soft serve on top of the hot apple cobbler! Outstanding!!!:thumbsup2

We loved it!!! My DD2 still talks about the fried chicken. At the Hoop Dee Doo it's all you can eat but you get so much you really don't need to ask for more. Unless you're my DD and just gotta have some more of that fried chicken.

The buffet is the same with more choices. As well as the Hoop Dee Doo, we ate at the restaurant 1 night and had take away back to our cabin 2 nights.

:thumbsup2:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter