Looking for old Disney songs...

pixleyyy

DIS Veteran
For my 39th birthday this year my dad suprised me by finding my old childhood stuffed Figment and my Figment clock. I hadn't seen either item in over 20 years! He cleaned them up and replaced the hands on the clock and gave them to me. I was thrilled! It was really thoughtful and well out of the norm for him.
figment-copy.jpg

So in return I'm trying to find something Disney related and just as thougtful for his birthday. One of my childhood memories is waking up Sunday morning to the smell of Dad making breakfast and the music from Epcot playing on our record player. I had thought about compiling him a CD of songs from Epcot in that time period and I've been able to find some of what I remember - One Little Spark, Golden Dreams, musical pieces from the other Epcot pavilions. I can't find some of the old stuff from The Land though... specifically "Listen to the Land" and stuff from the old Kitchen Caboret. Anyone know where I can get those pieces? And any other late-80's, early 90's era Epcot songs that you can think to add? Would really appreciate any help making this special for my Dad.

I don't know that there are any legal places to get the older songs from Epcot, but these are the songs from Epcot that I can think of:

Tomorrow's Child (Spaceship Earth)
Energy, You Make the World Go 'Round (Universe of Energy)
Universe of Energy (Universe of Energy)
New Horizons (Horizons)
It's Fun to Be Free (World of Motion)
Makin' Memories (Imagination)

You might look around to see if you can find "The Music of Disneyland, Walt Disney World and Epcot" CD. It has pretty much all of the songs from the 80s.

Makin' Memories and Magic Journeys are available on The Sherman Brothers Songbook.

This album has all the songs that figment_jii listed as well as a Kitchen Kabaret medley, and I was able to get a copy of it through the interlibrary loan system.

Makin' Memories and Magic Journeys are available on The Sherman Brothers Songbook.

This album has all the songs that figment_jii listed as well as a Kitchen Kabaret medley, and I was able to get a copy of it through the interlibrary loan system.
Thank you! That was so helpful! Unfortunately, we have a terrible library system here so I don't think I'll be able to get it loaned, but I don't mind buying it. Thanks for the recommendation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter