Looking for more recent reviews on Roundup Rodeo BBQ.

Was there about a week ago.

Food is very good for theme park food. Ribs were my favorite, but the sides and sausage were also very good. Desserts are good but very small. In terms of WDW BBQ, Polite Pig > Regal Eagle > Roundup Rodeo > Flame Tree.

It's definitely not quiet, but it's not particularly loud either. Not sure where that is coming from. We were a group of 7 and could all hear each other just fine.

How long the meal takes is up to you. It's all you care to eat so if you keep eating it will of course take longer. But the service was prompt and friendly and the atmosphere was fun.

Anyone here been to Round Up Rodeo lately?

Trying to assess if meals are still taking 1.5-2 hours.

We have a reservation in a couple of weeks and trying to make a plan for our one day at HS.

Anyone here been to Round Up Rodeo lately?

Trying to assess if meals are still taking 1.5-2 hours.

We have a reservation in a couple of weeks and trying to make a plan for our one day at HS
I watched a YouTube video and it is indeed taking 2 hours or longer so we decided to cancel. We can go when they’re more efficient.

They do have great vegan options but even at Space220 our kids were ready to pull their hair out after 2 hours. It would be great with teens or adults only. If you love ribs and macncheese then this place is for you.

I watched 3-4 videos by the top bloggers (Tim Tracker, Paging Mr Morrow, Mammoth club and Allears) and thought I’d rather spend my time at Hollywood Brown Derby or even the buffet at Hollywood and Vine (we booked those for our 2 HS days).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...undup_Rodeo_BBQ-Lake_Buena_Vista_Florida.html

Last edited:
Well shoot- I was hoping things were moving along a bit more quickly now at Round Up Rodeo, but my son wants to try it, so we’ll just do it.

Well shoot- I was hoping things were moving along a bit more quickly now at Round Up Rodeo, but my son wants to try it, so we’ll just do it.
Try booking right when dinner opens and look at the menu and be ready to order when seated. Maybe service will be better then. Be sure to ride the thrill rides in the am (it’s a heavy meal).

Do post on how it goes. We are going end of Oct. We were on the fence because of the time requirement. We have a 3, 6 and 14 year old and they would all enjoy the meal if it doesn’t drag on forever.

Last edited:

Glad I saw this thread. We had booked here for a party of 6 At 6:40, and Fantasmic after is a priority. No way we want to spend 2 hours on a meal And potentially get out of dinner that Late. Cancelled and are now at 50s prime time at 5:50.

Our reservation is for 9/17 and I will try and report back on how long it took.
It’s for 215pm so not a busy time, 🤞🏻hopefully it will move along.

No kids. No allergies. We did not rush. We ate at a leisurely pace and enjoyed the atmosphere. Our waitress was awesome!

I agree, we are 2 adults, no allergies, ate at a normal pace. We were there for lunch July 5th. I don’t remember exactly what time out ADR was for, probably 12 noon. I did online check in & we waited outside for about 10 minutes. The time stamp on my pictures for our salads was 12:18, our meats & sides was at 12:30. We did not feel rushed & the pacing was fine. Our desserts were served promptly as well. The only thing that extended our wait for the check was that Andy was coming, so the toy server had to freeze before he got to us. I think our total time for the meal was about an hour. I’m sure larger groups will take longer, but that’s true for any meal anywhere.

We ate there on Friday, September 1. Party of 5, all adults, mixture of vegans and non-vegan. It took us 1.5 hours, maybe a little more to get in and out. Food was pretty amazing all around. We also grabbed our reservation the night before (and I had plenty of times to choose from). Seated right away. The server took forever to get to our table, but once they did, food arrived at a nice pace.

Most vloggers are not reporting how long it took them.

It took Tim Tracker about 2.5 hrs, but it looks like it’s a fun experience (he went at 11:15 am)

Most vloggers are not reporting how long it took them.

It took Tim Tracker about 2.5 hrs, but it looks like it’s a fun experience (he went at 11:15 am)

I didn’t watch the video, but if it took him 2.5 hours, he was there for the experience & making his video more than the meal. It took us 2.5 hours at Monsieur Paul, which is 5 spaced courses plus a welcome cocktail, a palate cleanser & ends the meal with sherry & small chocolates.

I didn’t watch the video, but if it took him 2.5 hours, he was there for the experience & making his video more than the meal. It took us 2.5 hours at Monsieur Paul, which is 5 spaced courses plus a welcome cocktail, a palate cleanser & ends the meal with sherry & small chocolates.
I don’t know how people are getting out in an hour. We’ve been 5 times post COVID and book sit downs for 5/6 nights each trip. It has never taken us less than 1.5 hrs. I would go with that expectation and if it’s faster be pleasantly surprised.

BOG we waited 40 mins to be seated and then took 1.5 before fireworks (we took desserts to go). Maybe some people went during off peak season and that’s understandable when there are very few tables to service. Ohana, STK71, Topolinos, Hollywood Brown derby were all over 1.5 hr. CRT also took 1.5 with deserts to go (kids were fed up of sitting in one place so long).

I don’t know how people are getting out in an hour. We’ve been 5 times post COVID and book sit downs for 5/6 nights each trip. It has never taken us less than 1.5 hrs. I would go with that expectation and if it’s faster be pleasantly surprised.

BOG we waited 40 mins to be seated and then took 1.5 before fireworks (we took desserts to go). Maybe some people went during off peak season and that’s understandable when there are very few tables to service. Ohana, STK71, Topolinos, Hollywood Brown derby were all over 1.5 hr. CRT also took 1.5 with deserts to go (kids were fed up of sitting in one place so long).

Like I said, it’s only the 2 of us usually. We’ve been 4 - 5 times each in 2021 & 2022 & 3 times so far this year. We have table service every day, sometimes 2 meals a day. We’re together all day every day, so it’s not like we’re getting into deep conversations while we’re eating, lol. We don’t have pre meal cocktails or after dinner drinks. We don’t rush our food either. 🤷🏻‍♀️. It certainly varies depending on if we order dessert. But no meal except MP has ever taken us 2.5 hours. Even the prix fixe signature places like California Grill only take us about 1.5 hours max. Even at home, where we eat out once a week, we’re often done with a meal in an hour.

Of course, now that I think about it, maybe going so often is part of the reason we don’t take too long. We’re not adventurous eaters. We have favorite restaurants we go to repeatedly & favorite entrees at each. We pretty much know what we’re going to get at each place, so we don’t take a lot of time with the menu. We’re ready to order by the time we get our sodas. I think that can save a lot of time right there.

We haven’t been to BOG in a few years, sorry to hear there’s still such a ridiculous wait to be seated.

Like I said, it’s only the 2 of us usually. We’ve been 4 - 5 times each in 2021 & 2022 & 3 times so far this year. We have table service every day, sometimes 2 meals a day. We’re together all day every day, so it’s not like we’re getting into deep conversations while we’re eating, lol. We don’t have pre meal cocktails or after dinner drinks. We don’t rush our food either. 🤷🏻‍♀️. It certainly varies depending on if we order dessert. But no meal except MP has ever taken us 2.5 hours. Even the prix fixe signature places like California Grill only take us about 1.5 hours max. Even at home, where we eat out once a week, we’re often done with a meal in an hour.

Of course, now that I think about it, maybe going so often is part of the reason we don’t take too long. We’re not adventurous eaters. We have favorite restaurants we go to repeatedly & favorite entrees at each. We pretty much know what we’re going to get at each place, so we don’t take a lot of time with the menu. We’re ready to order by the time we get our sodas. I think that can save a lot of time right there.

We haven’t been to BOG in a few years, sorry to hear there’s still such a ridiculous wait to be seated.
That makes sense. We do take an extra 15 mins discussing who wants what (we do tend to repeat the same places - Topolinos, CRT, Ohana, STK71, HBD, Space220 lounge, Boma and BOG) and kids do eat a lot slower than the adults and a lot of these are signature dining.

Just saw this review. Honestly it looks like so much fun for young Toy Story fans. We waited 3 hours in line once when the Frozen show had opened at HS, so definitely worth the time commitment. This was 3 days after opening and they probably are more efficient now

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter