Looking for more recent reviews on Roundup Rodeo BBQ.

Taraleigsmom

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
Planning a November trip and looking for recent reviews on Round Up Rodeo. I have heard it's loud, how about food, service and thoughts on walk ups or same day reservations.
Has anyone has it happen?

Thanks

We went in the beginning of June and had a great time. We got reservations either the day of or the day before. The portions were served family style and it was a lot of food. There are some fun antics that happen throughout the meal and we had a good time.

Food is good, but there is a lot of it. At one point we had everything on the table at the same time and it was a bit overwhelming. The restaurant itself is sensory-overload, IMHO. I'm not eager to return there anytime soon. Yes, I have seen same day availability (have never checked for a walk-up). You will have better luck with same-day if you have a smaller party.

Was there end of June. It was our first time at Roundup. We went for lunch and very much enjoyed it. It's well themed and still has that "new" vibe if that makes sense. The food was mostly good and they were accommodating on things like not putting sour cream on the street corn, or dousing the tots with sauce, etc.

We liked the brisket and sausage best among the meats (the ribs were a bit disappointing) but the rest of the meal was good. Also, random recommendation but they have some frozen iced tea options that were EXCELLENT and so refreshing in the middle of a hot day. A fun place and a nice addition to the park. Not sure we'll go every time but definitely worth it and fairly priced at least once;

So glad someone made a new thread for this, as I was wondering the same. My big question is about the time for the meal... I vaguely recall seeing reports of people saying it took awhile (something like 2 hours). Anybody care to share their experience??

Just went 2nd week in June. We loved it - it's our favorite restaurant in DHS. DO plan on there being A LOT of food! We considered it like a late lunch, early dinner so no need to plan for a meal either side. It's all you can eat including desert. The little cups of goodness were great - we loved every flavor, and yes, they will bring you every flavor and seconds if you want them. All tolled, including the wait for the table when you get there is a little under 2 hours.

The antics were a lot of fun - be on the lookout for server hidden Mickeys.

So glad someone made a new thread for this, as I was wondering the same. My big question is about the time for the meal... I vaguely recall seeing reports of people saying it took awhile (something like 2 hours). Anybody care to share their experience??
Good question !

Great meal, average meats, above average sides/apps, okay desserts that you get 1 of.

In the end still a great meal for the whole experience and the all you care to enjoy nature.

Seems like the consensus is the atmosphere is fun, but the food is good-not-great. If you're a BBQ snob, may not be worth it.

We went last week. The theming is very fun, the decor is busy but fits with the theme. It really wasn’t that loud at all when we were there. We liked trying it because it was new but we won’t be rushing back.

We had a weird experience where the app somehow checked us in without us doing anything. We were running about 5 minute late because we came from Epcot and came rushing over to check in. I opened the app and it said our table was ready?! 🤷‍♀️ I thought, great, because there were people EVERYWHERE. Standing, sitting, and sprawled out in the entryway. One man asked everyone who was called in what time their reservation was for and remarked if it was after his. He said he had been told they were running 40 minutes behind ADR time. Another woman said they told her 20. The hosts who came to call people in seemed frazzled. The greeter told us to go up to the front and wait but after 10 minutes of not getting called with the green “ready” screen there, we went to check and he sent us right back. Then two different families told us that our name had been called before we even got there! So back we went and he said this time that we weren’t checked in at all (despite the green table ready screen) and the restaurant skipped over us! It was a mess and took about 30 minutes to sort out. When we were finally called the man sprawled on the floor and his family still hadn’t been called yet. 😳

We found the food to be good and plentiful and our server was fine but a bit stand-offish. I think they are trying to put the reins on the all-you-can-eat part. It reminds me a little of what happened at Topolinos. We could ask for more, but we had to be very specific. How many pieces of salmon? Exactly how many ribs did we want? The bread refill was standard size as was the salad refills. But we only got one dessert each and there was no offer to try another one. We didn’t ask though because it was a little over 2 hours that we had been there at that point (less time in the actual restaurant). I asked for a 5th side when we initially ordered because the kids wanted potato barrels and we didn’t and our server said she could only put in 4. When she heard why we wanted it, she said she’d put it in separately as a refill and did have them made to order (no toppings) and they ended up coming out with everything else, but I felt like we were treated a little like we were trying to pull a fast one. I had read reports of people getting all 8 sides and numerous deserts each and that was definitely not the case for us last week.

We really enjoyed the ribs, salmon and the salads. The brisket and chicken were fine but were our least favorite. The sausage was good and the fried pickles were excellent! The best side we got. I will give them a shout out for their vegetarian platter. My teenage son is a vegetarian and he got his own entree platter with at least 5 different things. Plant-based sausage, impossible meat on a stick made to look like a bone and a roasted cauliflower were three of the things I remember off-hand. They did a really nice job with that. One thing to note is the baked bean side is full of pulled pork if you have vegetarians in your group. My son was looking forward to those and was a little disappointed.

All told we were there for about 2 hours but 20-30 minutes was the confusion about whether we were called. And since they checked us in themselves, they never confirmed our party makeup and charged our 9 year-old adult pricing which we almost didn’t catch.

So, all in all, it was fun to try but probably not in the regular rotation for us.

Do you think we'll be rushed out if our reservation is at 8:40 PM? I'll keep checking for an earlier time, just in case. (Going this weekend.)

Food was very good. Some things were just okay. Our server was an absolute delight! The atmosphere is loud and fun...you're eating in a kids toy box, of course it's gonna be!

On the topic of how long the meal was, we were there for probably an hour and some change. I didn't find it to be particularly laborious at all. In fact, would have liked a little spacing between the salad course and the rest coming out. But didn't feel rushed or like we were there forever. Perhaps because it was so hot outside and we were enjoying the atmosphere and AC.

We were there for lunch on July 5th. My husband is kind of a picky eater & does not usually like all you can eat meals. But he was willing to try it because it’s new & I wanted to eat there.

The salads & rolls started us off on a good foot. They were all very good. I normally don’t like biscuits or pepper jelly, but enjoyed these. We got potato salad, baked beans, grilled vegetables & cole slaw for our sides. The potato salad & veggies were our favorites although they were all good. My husband doesn’t eat chicken or pork ribs, so he had several slices of the beef & the sausage. He thought they were both very good. I was kind of disappointed in the ribs because the way they were cut they had mostly cartilage & very little meat. I thought the chicken was good. My husband had the apple pie & I had the chocolate silk pie. Again, we thought they were both good.

We didn’t ask for more of anything & didn’t finish anything we were served. My husband actually surprised me & said he enjoyed the meal & would go back there whenever I wanted to. Totally opposite what he said about Liberty Tree Tavern. The atmosphere was loud but fun. I’m hoping they will eventually add the AP discount.

Great meal, average meats, above average sides/apps, okay desserts that you get 1 of.

In the end still a great meal for the whole experience and the all you care to enjoy nature.
I don't know about your server, but our server specifically said we should get more than one each when we ordered desert, then brought us more of our favorites once we had a chance to try them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter