Looking for info on Reunion resort

Hemlock

DIS Veteran
:) I'm thinking of renting a 3 or 4 bedroom condo at Reunion Resort for an upcoming trip. The resort is SO big and there are so many 'sections' and different types of rentals that I'm getting overwhelmed. Also, the information on the water park access seems to be very vague in most listings - some mention needing to book waterpark access 7 days in advance.... Can anyone who has stayed at Reunion offer any advice or guidance? Thanks.

Reunion, as you said, is a very large resort. One part of Reunion is a Wyndham timeshare property. All of those are nice 3 bedroom condo-style units with 3 baths. You can rent those directly from Wyndham, or from a Wyndham timeshare owner. Renting from an owner will be MUCH cheaper.

All Wyndham guests enjoy full waterpark access for the length of their stay. Non-Wyndham guests may get one day, or you may have to purchase a ticket to the waterpark. I would be sure to get those details clear before you book. You can see the waterpark with a simple Google Images search.

I assume that other types of accommodations would be renting directly from a homeowner -- condo or house.

We stayed at Reunion for a week in August. Found on owner through VRBO for a three bedroom home with private pool. I think we were in the Heritage section . . can't recall for sure but it was very close to the main entrance and I was thankful for that. We drove around one afternoon checking out the pool areas. There is a nice "splash pad" type area that is available for free to all guests. Our rental did not include the official waterpark passes but we signed our kids up for kid's club for one day and they got to use the amenities. They (boys, age 4 and 6) liked it very much but I didn't really see enough of it to comment on. On our drive around we realized how sprawling the resort is and how it could be easy to get turned around/lost.

We spent the first part of our trip at All Star Sports and the last part at Reunion. More specific to the property we rented, I didn't like being so far away from the parks. When we wanted a mid-day break, it just became more of a hassle. I have stayed at a variety of off-site locations. Windsor Hills is my favorite so far and Terre Verde is my least favorite. Reunion is in the middle for me. I would consider staying there again but there wasn't enough around the immediate area at the entrance to Reunion to make it a top choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter