Looking for Ideas

6_Time_Momma

<font color=blue>Still crazy after all these years
Okay, we're not going until next May (unless I can convince DH to go this September), but with all the summer sales in swing, I thought I would start to buy a few things now. I've heard things like ponchos, water bottles, fanny packs, but what are some other smallish type things that I'm forgetting, not thinking about, need to buy, etc, that would be good to buy now? We will be a family of 7, and the kids will be 11, 10, 6, 5, and 2 at the time. I know I will forget somehting, so I am counting on you guys to keep my head on straight.

how about hand sanitizer or wet naps? those you could definitely stock up on and would keep...because you're not always going to think about washing up before meals because you'll be too far away from bathrooms, or the kids will be too hungry to wait until you do, etc...after touching everything the general public has also, I feel it's definitely a necessity...

have a great trip!

Other things you could also purchase now are those little cords for your sunglasses. That way you can just hang them around your neck instead of trying to stuff them in a pocket....crunch on some of the rides....or in your fanny pack when getting on the rides.

One thing I did for this trip was to buy sun block lotion and some of those little travel bottles. I am going to put the sun block in those and its just the right size for a fanny pack or backpack and you don't have to worry about the flip top on the bottle coming open.

Another thing you might want to get is sun block for your lips. The summer sun in Florida...yep even in May..... is brutal on your lips. Even though I have lived in Florida for almost 30 years mine still get cracked and dry from being out in the sun a lot. The UV rating even in may is usually over 10.

A lot of these things can be bought very inexpensively at dollar stores.

Hope this helps!!! :D

When are you going in May? We are going May 4-13th. I try to pick up a 4 pk of film every so often. It can really add up if you buy it all at once. I also start to pick up some little things for my daughter. We stash some new things for her to take on the trip, like workbooks and games. Another thing that adds up are batteries. I pick up some once a month. We have quite a few things that we take along that need batteries and they sure don't last long anymore. We have a master list on our computer of things we use each time. I usually look at the list every so often. You can never be too prepared.

I would get a pair of sunglasses for everyone and perhaps some sort of travel activity, little games, coloring books, crayons, etc & start buying Disney Dollars. I got those $.94 key chain fans at Walmart, insulated water bottle holders, new toothbrushes, sunglasses & case, film & batteries, travel games, travel size toiletries, sunscreen & Disney Dollars already for our upcoming trip this summer. I've also been saving shiney pennies & quarters for the pressed penny machines & quarters in general for laundry, arcades, etc. Don't just give the travel treasures to your kids, save them & put them in Christmas stockings, Easter baskets & Valentine's Day. Also maybe for Christmas you could get everyone a Disney tee shirt or baseball cap. Its easier to keep track of a large group if they're all dressed in similar clothing. Don't forget to buy some summer clothes for next year at the good sales this year.

Somewhere I saw a mom who found that having a batery operated little hand held game was good for passing time in the lines. I would also get a small fan or a misti fan when you see them on sale. May is ratherwarm in FL. Have a good trip. Also with that many in your party I would advise you to get the disposable ponchos. Someone will be ripping them and they also get an odor if you use them a few times and get them rolled up before they are all dry. I also found that it is easier to lcate my party when they are in a different color poncho than the rest of the world.

The last time we went to WDW, my daughter was 5 1/2yrs old. For several months before the trip, I started rewarding her with Disney dollars. Help around the house, Easter basket, lost tooth. This way she was able to save up for the trip without being tempted to spend the money else where. Once we went, everytime she asked for a souvenir, I told her she would have to pay. This saved us considerable dollars, as she asked for less. It also caused her to really think out her purchases. I have to say, I think she made VERY good decisions on her souvenirs. It was a wonderful lesson on the costs of these family trips.
Have a good time! Enjoy every moment!:cool:

I was also going to say, buy Disney Dollars! Small amounts here and there sure add up. We've saved up over $350 this way. Our yard sale this past weekende yielded us $165!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter