looking for honey garlic chicken wing recipe

disney funseeker

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any good recipes for honey garlic wings or any good store bought sauce recommendations?

For the Superbowl, I made hot wings using Frank's hot sauce that I read here.
The men thought they were the greatest. Also made honeygarlic wings from a recipe I found, they were okay.

Dh is going to have some people over again for ?NCAA (I think,...I don't follow basketball) and wants me to make wings. I will do hot wings again but also want to make some honey garlic. A quick sauce from the store would be nice but don't know which are good.

This recipe is super yummy!! Good Luck! :goodvibes

Honey Lime Chicken Wings

INGREDIENTS:
18 whole chicken wings, split
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 quarts vegetable oil for frying

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice, lime peel, garlic, salt and ground black pepper.
Place the flour in a plastic bag and shake the chicken wings in the flour to coat.
In a large skillet, fry the chicken wings in hot, 1 inch deep oil until cooked through. Place the cooked wings in the honey/lime mixture and toss to coat well. Serve immediately.

This chicken is sooooo good and really easy to make! Just substitute all wings and probably shorten the cooking time a little. I cut the recipe in half when I made it. The chicken was swimming in sauce. The next time I make it I'll cut down on the amount of sauce.

Ina Garten's Indonesian Ginger Chicken

1 cup honey
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup minced garlic (8 to 12 cloves)
1/2 cup peeled and grated fresh ginger root
2 (3 1/2 pound) chickens, quartered, with backs removed

Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted. Arrange the chicken in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour on the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich, dark brown

Hope this is not too late. I just stumbled across this board. This is the recipe I use for Christmas Eve every year. My family loves it!

Garlic - Honey Chicken Wings

3 lbs. wings or drummettes
1/2 C. soy sauce
1 C. water
1/3- 1/2 C. honey
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp. ginger

Combine soy sauce, water and honey; set aside. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and ginger - stir fry 5-10 seconds. Add chicken and fry until brown. Add soy mixture and cover. Simmer 20-25 minutes. Remove lid, turn heat to high. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and becomes a glaze. Serve with rice.

Really easy and yummy!

disney funseeker said:
Glynis, it's never too late for a good recipe. Thanks

I'm just thrilled to have found this thread. I love to cook and I love to try new recipes, so this place is perfect for me! Unfortunately, I can't eat many of the recipes, but my family can. I had gastric bypass last Halloween and so far I'm down 80 pounds. Still, I love to collect recipes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter