Looking for help with booking a cabin on the Wonder Deck 6 or 7?

ctc917

DIS Veteran
My husband and I have decided to book a 10 Day Hawaiian cruise on the Wonder and with it being a longer cruise picking a cabin has turned into a big discussion here at my house so I was looking for some input with cabin options that we have to choose from. Cabin 6090- since this cabin is above the kids clubs will there be an issue with noise from the clubs? I've never stayed above them before but I have delivered my child there and it can get noisy so the question is does the noise impact the cabins above? other options are Cabins on Deck 7 forward- 7022 or 7528 are available and while I have not read any issues for noise I have read that being forward there could be smoke issues bothering people relaxing on their verandas since the designated smoking areas are right above these cabins.

So I'm hoping someone out there has experience with both these areas and can help us choose our best option for our cruise.

Thanks
ctc917

I’d grab 6090 right away. Then ponder if you want to change.

Below you are lifeboats (hanging outside), a hallway and a little bit of the Nursery. Maybe the very edge of the Oceaneer’s Club.

Is there smoking on port and starboard on Deck 8? I would personally skip those Deck 7 cabins if possible, just in case wafting smoke is a turn-off.

(And no experience in these cabins.) But that non-connecting, midship cabin on Deck 6 looks like a great choice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input and we do have a hold on cabin 6090 as of right now but since I've never stayed on deck 6 before I was having second thoughts but your take on the layout of what that cabin is really above sounds good so thanks

The Landry on Deck 6 is on the Starboard side. Across from 6588.

I found some reviews of surrounding cabins with no reports of noise. Actually, they reported quiet cabin.

You will probably see the lifeboat when looking down at the ocean. Applies to many Deck 6 balconies.

For the possibly rough Pacific, following the principle of picking a low and midship cabin is a pretty good idea.

Aloha! What a great adventure. Do you get time afterwards to do some land vacation in the islands? Hawaii and an Alaskan cruise are some of my most repeated vacations.

Well first I think a 10 night cruise is going to have less kids than say a spring break cruise. We stayed in cabin 6581 and didn't notice any noises that we weren't making ourselves. It's also an inside room, so we were really only there for getting dressed and sleeping. Location wise, it's great. Only 3 decks away from Cabanas and the MDRs, and near the atrium and kids club.

I was in 6590 last summer for Alaska. So kind of the same room, but on the other side of the ship. I noticed zero noise issues coming from below. I was a little nervous when I realized it was one door down and across from the guest laundry room, but that was a non issue too. We enjoyed the room so much we were hoping to stay in it again this year (we are cruising to Alaska again), but it was taken, so we will be next door in 6588.

My husband and I have decided to book a 10 Day Hawaiian cruise on the Wonder and with it being a longer cruise picking a cabin has turned into a big discussion here at my house so I was looking for some input with cabin options that we have to choose from. Cabin 6090- since this cabin is above the kids clubs will there be an issue with noise from the clubs? I've never stayed above them before but I have delivered my child there and it can get noisy so the question is does the noise impact the cabins above? other options are Cabins on Deck 7 forward- 7022 or 7528 are available and while I have not read any issues for noise I have read that being forward there could be smoke issues bothering people relaxing on their verandas since the designated smoking areas are right above these cabins.

So I'm hoping someone out there has experience with both these areas and can help us choose our best option for our cruise.

Thanks
ctc917
We sailed the Wonder in 6099 for a 14 Night Panama cruise and I highly recommed the 6090s for room location. It's super super central on the ship, both vertically and horizontally. We felt close to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter