Looking for Great Brownie Recipes!

holycow

I Am the Rebel Spy
I have to make brownies for a church function this
week...do any of you have some great recipes to share?
Thanks!
Holycow

hmm Brownies, now you're making me hungry!

I went back over to the old boards to see if I could find any brownie recipes there for you. I can up with these:

Chocolate Mousse Brownies (thanks Margie J!)

1/2 C. butter or margarine
1 12oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 C. sugar
1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
2 t vanilla
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
3 large eggs
1/2 C. chopped pecans

In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips on high for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients (except pecans) and beat till smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread into a buttered 13X9" baking pan. Set aside.

Mousse Topping
3/4 C. whipping cream
1 6oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 large eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 C. chopped pecans

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips with creamon high for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool slightly.
In a mixer bowl, beat remaining ingredients (except pecans) till foamy. Stir in chocolate mixture.
Pour mousse topping over brownie, sprinkle with pecans and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 min. Cool 2 hours before cutting into squares. Makes 48.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Great Brownies (Thanks JoAnne M!)

3/4 c. cocoa (I use Ghirardelli)
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce

Mix together above ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend the following into the chocolate mixture.

1 c. sugar
1 c. dark brown sugar
4 eggs
1 t. vanilla (not imitation)

After this is well blended, stir in the following until dry ingredients are well incorporated.

1 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt

Stir in 6 oz. each white chocolate morsels and semi-sweet or dark chocolate morsels. I don't use nuts, but you could add 1 c. coarsely chopped walnuts, chunks of Heath Bars, or any other stir-ins you like.

Bake in greased 9" x 13" pan at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes. Do not overbake....be sure to check after 20 minutes or so to determine additional cooking time. I like my brownies very soft, so I underbake them slightly.

After brownies have cooled somewhat, melt 6 oz. white chocolate morsels and 6 oz. dark or semi-sweet chocolate morsels. I do this in the microwave in separate dishes, but you can do it all together over a double boiler if you do not work with chocolate a lot.

Swirl the melted chocolates over the top of the brownies while they are still warm and in the pan. You can marble them or mix them together completely. After the brownies are cool, cut into squares and serve.

-----------------------------------------------
I will look around for more brownie recipes for you. Hope these help.

Here's the one I always make. It makes a nice soft, chewy brownie.
Family Favourite Brownies
Mix 1-1/3 cups all purpose flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a bowl. Melt 1 cup butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup cocoa. Blend in 2 cups sugar, 4 eggs and 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients and 1 cup chopped nuts. Pour batter into greased 9x13x2in. pan. Bake at 350F 30-35 minutes. Cool and frost.
Fudgy Cocoa Frosting
Combine 3 Tbsp. melted butter with 1/4 cup cocoa. Blend in 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 2 cups sifted icing sugar until smooth. Spread frosting over brownies.
When I'm making these for the school, I leave out the nuts because of nut allergies, and sprinkle the top with coloured candies such as Smarties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter