Looking for feedback on 2022 Marvel Day at Sea

mjr0483

DIS Veteran
For starters, this is our first Disney Cruise ever. We are big Marvel fans, so we chose March 5th 2022 Marvel Day at Sea and I am trying to figure out what to expect. I have read pre-covid reviews, so I am looking to see how it is changed now.

Has anyone that has pre-covid experience with Marvel Day at Sea also sailed this year and can provide a review?
Is the experience close to the same or has it been severely altered?

I know capacity is down but how are the waits for meet & greets. Do they do the on deck outside?

Good thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-from-amazing-sailing-on-the-magic.3868367/

Very similar to previous years. We were pleased.

Differences in Marvel experiences
Kids cannot go onstage during the Dr. Strange show to help him defeat Dormammu
There was no Marvel artist to gives talks
Character meets are a little more distanced. No hugs, but still easy to take photos.

Same or very similar
Deck show - Still AMAZING
USO show
Meet and greets with so many Marvel characters
Marvel trivia and animation
Marvel menu in MDRs

Good thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-from-amazing-sailing-on-the-magic.3868367/

Very similar to previous years. We were pleased.

Differences in Marvel experiences
Kids cannot go onstage during the Dr. Strange show to help him defeat Dormammu
There was no Marvel artist to gives talks
Character meets are a little more distanced. No hugs, but still easy to take photos.

Same or very similar
Deck show - Still AMAZING
USO show
Meet and greets with so many Marvel characters
Marvel trivia and animation
Marvel menu in MDRs

Is there any MDR that is better for the MDAS?

Is there any MDR that is better for the MDAS?

We have done that meal in both AP and Lumiere's. The only difference is that AP had some Marvel drawings on their screens. They did not have a show and the sketches do not change

Last edited:
Definitely enjoyed character interactions more pre covid and a bummer for masks with the pix, but still worth it - esp wtih low numbers. Shows were very similar. Only 2 sched meet and greets vs all day long pre covid. But the characters were still all over the boat at random times.

We did the jan 17 to jan 22 Marvel Cruise. It was 2nd leg of B@B. we loved it. The Marvel was fun. My son 12yr really enjoyed it. I'm a little more of a Star Wars kid and I liked Star Wars Day at sea but I have to be honest the deck show was way better on the Marvel Cruise.

Groot was amazing, Spiderman very fun to talk with he was a talkative kid just in the movies. Loki was great. My son and I asked Thor what is was like to be in Loki's shadow. Loki really liked it. Then we saw a lady with a "Loki for President" button.

So later in the day Loki was up on the deck 4 of the Atrium and talking to the folks below. The ship was very empty and anybody in the atrium could have a conversation a deck or 2 decks up to the Charaters. So the kid and I yelled "Loki for President" He responded with a quick " Dreams are possible" My son loved it.

Capt Marvel was great, we talked to her several times.
Black Widow and Hawkeye seemed to always be together. She was asking my son about his mission and if she could help out our team on our current mission. He was pretty shy of a good looking gal talking to him but it was fun to watch him squirm a little. She got him talking after a couple minutes.

Iron Man very talkative and since there wasn't much of a line we talked to him for a while and he was 100% in character.
Black Panther was also cool to the max. the kid and him started talking about our home in Arizona and then the kid invited him to come stay at our house. BP talked with the kid about the weather in Wakanda vs Arizona

I would say right now with the passenger numbers being low, we had just short of 800, there is huge opportunity to talk and interact with the characters. They seemed to eat it and really stayed in character and it made it super personal.

I would say overall it was a 10 out of 10

^Thank you! That is very helpful! Do you remember where all the characters were? Especially Spiderman for my Tom Holland obsessed child?

^Thank you! That is very helpful! Do you remember where all the characters were? Especially Spiderman for my Tom Holland obsessed child?

Book the Groot meet and greet for Spiderman. He was there on our cruise and the one before. Besides that, we only saw him in the deck show.

Spiderman was with Groot in Animators.

Also we had Spiderman at least one time on Deck 4 Atrium level He was with Capt America

Attachments

• 2022-01-21 12.15.57.jpg
    2022-01-21 12.15.57.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 17
  • 2022-01-21 12.17.27.jpg
    2022-01-21 12.17.27.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 17
^Oh wow! I wasn't even that keen on booking the Groot meet and greet but I'm glad I did! Thanks!

We just got off the Magic for a MDAS sailing and we did one of the last MDAS cruises before the shut downs in 2020. As PP mentioned, the majority of it is the same or has only minor differences.

One thing I don't think they mentioned was previously there was a costume showcase in the atrium and that is no longer on the schedule.

A note about the scheduled heroic encounters - while other characters *may* be present, don't get your hopes up on having extra characters there. When we got in line for Groot, Star Lord was there with him and Spidey was in the room at his own photo op. But by the time we got up there both had gone to be in one of the shows.

As for character lines, they weren't too bad. It was actually the ticketed heroic encounters that had the longest. Mickey & friends meet up on the deck in their Marvel gear and they hardly ever had lines. The few times I went up to see them there wasn't anyone there and I could just walk up for a photo. Those are nice because masks can come off for those pictures.

On the MDR, I think Animator's is the place to be for MDAS dinner. As PP said, they put the sketches up on the wall and it's really cool. Rapunzel's is for sure the worst for that night because it's so well-themed to Rapunzel that it's hard to overcome that and get in the Marvel spirit.

We just got off the Magic for a MDAS sailing and we did one of the last MDAS cruises before the shut downs in 2020. As PP mentioned, the majority of it is the same or has only minor differences.

One thing I don't think they mentioned was previously there was a costume showcase in the atrium and that is no longer on the schedule.

A note about the scheduled heroic encounters - while other characters *may* be present, don't get your hopes up on having extra characters there. When we got in line for Groot, Star Lord was there with him and Spidey was in the room at his own photo op. But by the time we got up there both had gone to be in one of the shows.

As for character lines, they weren't too bad. It was actually the ticketed heroic encounters that had the longest. Mickey & friends meet up on the deck in their Marvel gear and they hardly ever had lines. The few times I went up to see them there wasn't anyone there and I could just walk up for a photo. Those are nice because masks can come off for those pictures.

On the MDR, I think Animator's is the place to be for MDAS dinner. As PP said, they put the sketches up on the wall and it's really cool. Rapunzel's is for sure the worst for that night because it's so well-themed to Rapunzel that it's hard to overcome that and get in the Marvel spirit.

Do you know the times of the shows?
We have Groot at 2PM and Iron Man at 3PM.

Definitely enjoyed character interactions more pre covid and a bummer for masks with the pix, but still worth it - esp wtih low numbers. Shows were very similar. Only 2 sched meet and greets vs all day long pre covid. But the characters were still all over the boat at random times.
We were on the inaugural MDAS and LOVED seeing the characters roaming the ship. I personally preferred these meeting to the pre-arranged ones. It was a big thrill when we met Star-Lord and Gamora just hanging around by Shutters. Also, we even saw Black Panther the following day as we were going to the Buena Vista Theater.

I'm pretty sure the Dr. Strange show was at 1, 2:30 and 4:15. The Capt. America USO show was also in the afternoon, but I can't recall the times. We had a lot of flexibility in changing our meet and greet times day of to better suit our schedule.

We have Groot at 2PM and Iron Man at 3PM.
I'm sorry I don't recall the exact times, but there were three Dr Strange shows and 2 USO shows, all in the afternoon. There shouldn't be a problem fitting them in with your ticketed greets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter