looking for dining recommendations- family of 4 at spring break

GroguAndStitch

Mouseketeer
Hello! I'm just wondering what would be your "dont miss this!" recommendations for dining at Disney. Either for food or experience. Don't worry about the $$, we're already lopping off a limb to go ont his trip, so we've got a comfortable food budget. No dining plan.

Background- family of 4, two boys ages 6,8 who are not that adventurous. We're staying at Boardwalk and will be going into each park. I am not worried about losing time to dining at Table service, if the table service is enjoyable. I know my kids will do better sitting down and eating and resting than going 100000000 miles an hour.
We're already planning to do one character meal- Ohana for breakfast as my youngest is a Stitch maniac. Thanks!

Via Napoli is always loved by my family. Sorry the ice cream soda is off menu (Bruta something) but really never had a bad menu item there.

The Boathouse, Paddleboat, Momofuko Asia, are all worthy and Guy Fieri makes really good chicken nuggets.

“Not that adventurous” limits the options. Have you looked at menus? Allears.net usually lists them.

Given that, MK is lacking in table service. There is Tony’s(Italian) which seems to go through ups and downs. Liberty Tree Tavern, again hit and miss.

At DHS 50s prime time or Brown Derby.

Epcot has tons: Japanese, Chinese, Italian, American.

I haven’t eaten much at Animal Kingdom.

Finally, IMHO, WDW is mostly mediocre food and we don’t get too wrapped up in worrying about it.

We don’t love any of the theme park restaurants except for a few at Epcot - Via Napoli, Rose & Crown (we especially enjoy the pub ;) ) and Le Cellier. Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK is a favorite too, but we haven’t been there in a while. Disney Springs is our go-to these days for menu variety and tons of options.

When our kids were younger things we enjoyed and they enjoyed was the Restaurant Marrakesh in the Morocco Pavilion in Epcot - still sad it has not reopened. As for DHS Sci-Fi Drive in is always a hit, but we enjoyed Docking Bay 7 on our last few trips. at AK we usually grab whatever we feel like as far at QS like Flame Tree BBQ or Satu'li Canteen. MK is the most disappointing of the parks IMHO, if we have the time we'll leave the park and run over to Wilderness Lodge and eat at Geyser Point, if not Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe gets our vote, Liberty Tree if we're having a later evening meal but we find it too heavy on a warm summer day.

DHS has a few options that would cater to non-adventurous eaters and have fun theming - consider Sci-Fi or 50's Prime Time!

There aren't a lot of TS in AK - the ones inside the park are on the adventurous side (Y&Y and Tiffins) The non-adventurous one is poorly located if you want to eat in the middle of the day (Rainforest Cafe) - if you want to stay in the park, consider Yak & Yeti, but definitely look at the menu to see if it appeals to you.

MK - as others have said, the TS in this park is pretty bad. I would look at Liberty Tree Tavern if your family enjoys a Thanksgiving-type meal. Maybe Plaza Restaurant, though the menu is sparse and there really isn't anything terribly special about it. We enjoy Skipper Canteen, but may not appeal to the non-adventurous.

In EP - do your kids like pizza? We enjoy Via Napoli. If you would consider another character meal, Garden Grill might fit the bill.

MK - Tony’s and Liberty Tree Tavern.
Epcot - Space220, Coral Reef, Chefs de France, and Tutto Italia.
HS - 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood Brown Derby.
AK - Rainforest Cafe.
Disney Springs - The Boathouse.

Since you’re at Boardwalk, I would recommend Beaches and Cream at Beach Club. They have burgers, grilled cheese and ice cream Sundays.

The character breakfast at Topolino Terrace is really nice. Easy Skyliner ride to Riviera.

Garden Grill at Epcot is really non adventurous. Plus you get Farmer Mickey and my favs -Pluto, Chip and Dale.

HS - Sci Fi - the dining in the cars is unique
Hollywood and vine is buffet w character dining.

AK- I would do quick service at Flame Tree or do a late breakfast at Boma at AKL

MK- Liberty Tree if you want a Thanksgiving style meal , Crystal Palace- gives you Pooh Characters with a buffet.

If your kids like Dinosaurs, T-Rex Cafe at Disney Springs.

Most restaurants in WDW are just "ok" IMHO. Some quick service places have ample seating, so that might be something to look at too. Some that I can think of are: Regal Eagle (EP), Sunshine Seasons (EP), Backlot Express (DHS), ABC Commissary (DHS - though this is often crowded). I can't think of any in AK with a ton of seating.

Some TS you might look at:

MK - Liberty Tree Tavern
AK - Yak & Yeti
DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby
EP - Via Napoli

I agree. Of the 8 or so times we’ve been to MK we have eaten 4 table service meals with 2 at Crystal Palace.
This will be our first time having a sit down dinner in MK in over 13 years. MK has always lacked. We are going to try. the skipper canteen recommended from some posters here.

We always just grab something in MK. It's deff a grab and go park. Even lunch at Beast's Castle stinks anymore from when it first opened. That was the 1 place for lunch but for dinner we haven't eaten in the park like I said in over 13 years. and I say 13 years ago cause we ate at the castle for my daughter's first birthday. Great night though.

I do have to say 20 years ago when me and the wife were dating the castle food was actually good. When it was the old show with just Cindy and characters. Show was much better also vs how it is now with the princesses.

Tony's we did once. My own my. . . holy cow just bad food.

This will be our first time having a sit down dinner in MK in over 13 years. MK has always lacked. We are going to try. the skipper canteen recommended from some posters here.

We always just grab something in MK. It's deff a grab and go park. Even lunch at Beast's Castle stinks anymore from when it first opened. That was the 1 place for lunch but for dinner we haven't eaten in the park like I said in over 13 years. and I say 13 years ago cause we ate at the castle for my daughter's first birthday. Great night though.
I like Skipper Canteen. The kids' menu is very non-adventurous if you have selective eaters in your group.

There is a kids table at all of the buffets with kid friendly food and all the table services have kids menus.

I would have fun looking a menus for what YOU would like, and the kids will be okay.
At MK, Crystal palace will net you the Pooh characters without standing in line.
Whispering canyon is a fun boat ride to Wilderness lodge.

At Epcot, Coral reef enchants with the fish tank, inside the pyramid in mexico was a must when my kids were that age. Still is now that they are grown.

DHS best food is brown derby. Ask for a booth to not be in the bustle.
Hollywood and Vine will get you Minnie, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy without waiting for them.

A fantasmic dining plan ressie will get you seating for fantasmic.

AK Tusker House gets you characters and interesting food for you and a kids buffet for them. Tiffins is best food. Avoid rain forest cafe if at all possible. If not, don’t expect much from the food.

Boma is great at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter