Looking for creative ways to show we are newlyweds!

Stacy&Aaron

Earning My Ears
We unfortunately did not buy a "Honeymoon Package" with Disney because that didn't include things that we really needed, so we booked a regular Dream Maker Package and are staying at the Animal Kingdom Resort. We asked the travel agent to note that we will be on our Honeymoon, but she stated that she could not since Disney has "Honeymoon Packages".

We still want all the perks of being Honeymooners and I've seen posts regarding the Mickey/Minnie wedding ears. We will be getting those, but in addition to that, we were thinking of making our own Mickey/Minnie Newlywed Pins and maybe some T-Shirts for the day we arrive. Any thoughts or other creative ideas?

This will be my FI's first trip to Disney World and since it's also our Honeymoon, I want it to be extra magical for us!!!

Thanks!

Originally posted by Stacy&Aaron
We unfortunately did not buy a "Honeymoon Package" with Disney because that didn't include things that we really needed, so we booked a regular Dream Maker Package and are staying at the Animal Kingdom Resort. We asked the travel agent to note that we will be on our Honeymoon, but she stated that she could not since Disney has "Honeymoon Packages".

I find that odd...my fiance and I are also honeymooning down there (staying at WL and AKL), NOT doing a Honeymoon Package, but they noted on our reservation that we were on our honeymoon. And trust me, my honey changed our reservations so many times we were getting reservations packages from Disney on a daily basis! All of them noted "guests on honeymoon".

They shouldn't not acknowlege your honeymoon just because you are not paying for a Honeymoon package...like I said before, we're doing the Dream Maker (or whatever they are called) packages too.

OH - bit of info...if you are going for a very long time (more than 10 days I think?) It's actually cheaper to buy an AP rather than get the ultimate park hopper/length of stay pass...my fiance did it out and we are going to save something like $250.

sometimes I like the fact that he's frugal....heheh

anymore questions - let me know - but please, call Disney, talk to a different CM and let them know you are on your honeymoon!!

Edited to add - Whoops! Just re-read your post...didn't realize it was your Travel Agent that said she couldn't state you were on your honeymoon. Regardless...call Disney...they'll take care of you!

We are also honeymooning in Disney. Just make sure to tell the CM. My understanding is, you should also send them a fax 3 days prior to your arrival. Let them know it's your honeymoon and ask if they have any complimentary upgrades. I've read this has worked for some couples. What do you have to lose?

We just got back from our wedding/honeymoon so I can help a bit;-) We did the DreamMaker Silver not a honeymoon plan, and every place I called to make a PS for I mentioned that we were on our honeymoon. All I did was wear my bridal Minnie headband. DH's head was too big for the hat. At first he was happy, but after the 500th person asking "where's your hat?" he wished his head was smaller!!

We got lots of congrats and it was a good conversation starter on buses and in lines. The talking trash can in MK and tree in AK talked to us and sang "here comes the bride" making us follow them, the tree in AK advised DH to check out our stroller options;-) We used our wishes at restaurants, we had a window table at almost every one. At Tony's, CRT, and Crystal Palace we had "pixie-dust" sprinkled on our table. At Tony's we also had to reinact Lady and the Tramp's first kiss with a strand of spaghetti. It was a lot of fun - wear your ears:-) Have a great time!!!

Hi,
We're also honeymooning in Disney. June 3 -13. I'm in the process of trying to get the mickey and minnie ears....however, dear fi will not be able to wear his...so...I'm going to cut the ears off of that one and put them on one of the regular "groom" baseball caps. I have the bride baseball cap as well.
I haven't seen t-shirts that say "newlyweds" or anything like that....but would like to.
Our travel agent put in our reservation that we're on a honeymoon. We also have a regular room ressie made through CRO due to discount codes...and it's on there.
I haven't made any PS's yet. We haven't planned out the agenda. Where did you make yours?

Thanks and good luck!

WE traveled to WDW on our honeymoon and were not on the honeymoon pkg. What we did was anytime we booked priority seatings or shows we had them make note that we were on honeymoon.

There seems to be a lot of places that do airpainting on tee-shirts down there. We were at a local Walmart and had one made right inside that said "just married 10/18/97" and I wore it one of the days! Someone also mentioned on another thread to get a GOH badge engraved with just married or bride/groom instead of having a name engraved on it! THey're available in different places in the park and downtown disney. I'm not sure exactly what store, but someone should be able to help! Have fun!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Stacy&Aaron
your idea sounds very nice. On our honeymoon, it was also my DH's first time to Disney. We also didn't get the honeymoon package. Instead, we got Discovery Magic Pkg, which is now the Dream Maker with Silver plan. I didn't plan anything special for my DH but we had a great time there.

So don't worry. This honeymoon will be as magical as it can be, because you are at Disney World!

Hi! :teeth:

I agree with everyone about just telling everyone reservation-wise that you guys are (or will be) on your honeymoon. Regardless of package. (We did the Discovery Magic/Silver plan as well and were spoiled rotten. ;p )

Anyway, just wanted to add our experience with "standing out as Just Married." We had the ears... wore them in the airport and got bumped up to first class. They didn't fit DH (as most of you are experiencing too!) so we didn't wear them in the parks as he would have gone crazy trying to keep it on.

Honest to goodness, we got more attention with the pins. Cast member after cast member would zero in on them and say "Oh, how cute! I haven't seen those before! We see the ears everywhere... but the pins are great!" :teeth: We got all the special treatment and all the attention. But we didn't blend in with ALL the other newlyweds wearing the ears. (And the pins were authentic from a pin cart. Typical Minnie and Mickey.)

I swear I'm not knocking the ears! I love them and think they're adorable! Just stating what happened with us! :)

Julia

What type of pins are you talking about? Where did you get them? I am getting married on May 1, 2003 at WDW and my financee doesn't want to wear the hats/headband ears. Frankly, I really don't want to either so I am looking into other ideas and the pins sound like a great one!

Hi Lisa! I'm glad I could help! :teeth:

These:

454002MickeyMinnie.jpg

My husband wasn't the least bit opposed to them, and they FIT! :) Ha ha ha. BOTH OF US!

We definitely loved wearing them.

You can call WDW Mail Order and buy them... People list them on Ebay all the time... they're around.

Aren't they cute?

Julia

They're so sweet! Thats a lovely idea, I may just persuade my own fiance to wear that on our honeymoon in May too!:) Thanks!:Pinkbounc

How much are they in the parks or through mail order?? Does anyone have the number for WDW mail order?? Thanks

Hi All,
I just purchased these pins on E-Bay!!! I paid $12.50 total for both bride and bridegroom pins including shipping. And the seller has more available. CUTE IDEA! THANKS :)

JuliaEeyore,

Thanks for the pic's and the information! They are adorable!
I'm going to try to find them!

Lisa

sorry to butt in but could you tell me if you can buy these wedding pins from the parks, I'm from the u.k We are going to disney in nov and getting married in wdw next year and we would love some.

I've tried to buy from ebay (usa) but it was a nite mare and I keep looking on ebay (u.k) but nothing.

Any help would be brill:Pinkbounc

2000 all stars movies
2001 ramada international drive
2002 country inn international drive / clearwater
2003 hoilday inn universal

Hi all,

On E-bay, you can try the link www.ebaystores.com/dispins
I purchased my pins from that e-bay store. If they don't have any available you can always contact the sellers via e-mail and ask them if they have anymore or if they can get some.
F.Y.I. I paid $5.00 for each pin.

Good Luck!

I didn't believe it 'til we were there, but wigeboo, they are EVERYWHERE. Pin CARTS, pin STORES, pin STANDS... :teeth:

Pin collecting, as you probably know, is a crazy hobby many people have started. (Heck, I admit I came home with about 5 of my favorite characters!)

The larger pin stores, such as the one in Downtown Disney, had them really visible, though they were sold out of GROOMs one day! LOL.

Just poke around anytime to see a rack of pins. They're in there. :)

If all else fails, call the Mail Order # I posted above. They are SOOOO helpful. I already used them twice since our honeymoon. :)

Julia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter