Looking for creative solutions

challer

DIS Veteran
So, I am planning a trip for 19 people, and I have ideas about rooms for us. However, I'm looking for some more creative options. Here's our story:

Two families of 6 - 2 adults, 4 kids for each
One family of 5 - 2 adults, 3 kids
One family of two adults

The options I've come up with:

• Art of Animation suites for 3 families, Mermaid room for couple
  • Ft Wilderness Cabins
  • 2 2BR villas, 1 1BR Villa, one studio villa (too much $$$)
Anybody have any additional bright ideas?
Think getting 5 rooms and spreading out is better?

Thanks for the crowdsource!

All Star Music. Two Family Suites, one room.

2 six person families , 1 five person family, and 1 two person family...we're missing a room.

Plus, the family suites have one queen bed in the bedroom, and then a pullout sofa, pullout chair, and pullout ottoman in the living room. If these rooms are for the 6 person families, that makes 2 kids per room share sleep, which isn't always acceptable to kids/families.

OP where do the families want to stay?

Art of Animation might work, but keep in mind that the Little Mermaid section is the farthest section from the mail building and pool. Also, depending on what section the the families book, they could be pretty far away (Lion King is the closest and Cars the farthest from the Little Mermaid section. It might be harder to hang out together when you are at the hotel.

For Wilderness Cabins could work, but I personally would look for something else just because of how they are set up. I know that a lot of people love the cabins, but I would prefer something different. There is a bedroom with a queen bed and bunk beds and a living room with pull out sleeper sofa. So, each cabin sleeps 6, but if I was a family with 4 kids, my choice would be to either sleep in the queen bed with two of my kids in the same room as me in the bunk beds while the other two share the sofa, or be on the sofa while my kids were all in the bedroom. Personally, I'd want my own bed in my own room.

I'd probably rent points and stay in a DVC villa. Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are the cheapest and a 2 bedroom there sleeps 8. If I was a family of 4, I'd love that I would have my own room, my kids would have their own room, and I would have a living room and kitchen, as well. Plus, I'd be in a king and both of my kids would have true queen beds rather than a sleeper sofa. You also might consider Boardwalk. In the studio at Boardwalk, there is a pull down bed that is a bit smaller than a twin. My six-year-old loves it and I actually fit on it, as well. Anyway, you could actually have the family with 3 kids fit in the studio if one of the kids is younger or smaller enough to fit on the pull down bed. I wouldn't bother with a 1 bedroom. A studio sleeps just as many (more, in the case of Boardwalk) and would be cheaper. If the kitchen is really important, you could have the family of 5 and the family of 2 share a 2 bedroom and the families with 6 each get a 2 bedroom. Otherwise, I'd get studios for everyone. In this instance, you will need an adult on each reservation. You put the mom on a reservation with 2 kids and the dad on the other reservation with the other 2 kids. Still cheaper than a 2 bedroom and you can have a kids room and an adult room. You can usually rent points for a studio at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs for less than a moderate resort and a studio at Boardwalk will be a about the same as a moderate, but with much more convenience and amenities. Just something you might want to consider.

How old are the kids in the families of 6? If there are any under 3, you might be able to do a few rooms at a deluxe. If not, I think 3 family suites and a standard room at either ASMu or AoA are going to be your best bets.

I would call and speak with group reservations. You would need 4 or 5 rooms if you did regular rooms. If you do it as a group reservation you have a better chance of getting them closer together.

It comes down to bathrooms. OKW 2BR is spacious, but you still only have two bathroom (although they are large and there is a sink outside each toilet area). If it were me, I'd spread the people out over multiple rooms (hence multiple bathrooms).

I'd probably rent points and stay in a DVC villa. Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are the cheapest and a 2 bedroom there sleeps 8. If I was a family of 4, I'd love that I would have my own room, my kids would have their own room, and I would have a living room and kitchen, as well. Plus, I'd be in a king and both of my kids would have true queen beds rather than a sleeper sofa. You also might consider Boardwalk. In the studio at Boardwalk, there is a pull down bed that is a bit smaller than a twin. My six-year-old loves it and I actually fit on it, as well. Anyway, you could actually have the family with 3 kids fit in the studio if one of the kids is younger or smaller enough to fit on the pull down bed. I wouldn't bother with a 1 bedroom. A studio sleeps just as many (more, in the case of Boardwalk) and would be cheaper. If the kitchen is really important, you could have the family of 5 and the family of 2 share a 2 bedroom and the families with 6 each get a 2 bedroom. Otherwise, I'd get studios for everyone. In this instance, you will need an adult on each reservation. You put the mom on a reservation with 2 kids and the dad on the other reservation with the other 2 kids. Still cheaper than a 2 bedroom and you can have a kids room and an adult room. You can usually rent points for a studio at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs for less than a moderate resort and a studio at Boardwalk will be a about the same as a moderate, but with much more convenience and amenities. Just something you might want to consider.

Never thought about the studios that sleep 5 (Boardwalk, BCV, WLV, GFV, PolyV according to dvcbyrequest.com). I'll have to condier that, but it still seems that renting points for all of us my just be above the line of our budget. I'll see what I can work with this. Thanks.

I would go with ASMusic suites plus single rooms. The more rooms, the better.....

Especially with kids, you are looking at the needs of various bedtimes...I also think families would like to have their own space.

If you are considering renting points for DVC villas, you need to be 11 months or more out. From now through the marathon there isn't a lot left.

So, I am planning a trip for 19 people, and I have ideas about rooms for us. However, I'm looking for some more creative options. Here's our story:

Two families of 6 - 2 adults, 4 kids for each
One family of 5 - 2 adults, 3 kids
One family of two adults

The options I've come up with:

• Art of Animation suites for 3 families, Mermaid room for couple
  • Ft Wilderness Cabins
  • 2 2BR villas, 1 1BR Villa, one studio villa (too much $$$)
Anybody have any additional bright ideas?
Think getting 5 rooms and spreading out is better?

Thanks for the crowdsource!
I have not gone with that many family members but we did go with a smal family group. I liked being in the same resort but not necessarily right next to each other. This gave us some space since we didn’t always do everything together but we could still hang out together in the evenings or at the pool. I’m not sure how you would do 5 rooms unless you will split up your parent groups. If so, I think 5 rooms allows more space. Otherwise your AOA plan sounds good.

From OP's post history, BLT stay Aug. 2017. (But of course could have been a different trip.) (Now I'm curious what they decided to do!)

Okay - here's what we did:

Rented 2 2-BRs, 1 1-BR, and 1 studio at BLT. All on same floor & same side of horseshoe. Worked out great. Not a big fan of that resort, but works great for transportation & was very practical

Thanks, team!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter