Looking for Control Freaks & Worry Warts - Part 4!!!

Erin…..Loved the Chloe pic! I am glad she did sop well in the play and had so much fun. How’s that new little baby doing?

Ahh thanks Debbie, she had lots of fun and can't wait until September to start Much Ado about Nothing in her last yr before High School :scared1:
The baby is doing amazing he is so gorgeous, i have put up pics of him on facebook :)

I was looking at the original thread to see when I started it because I always tell people that I have been friends with you guys for 5 years and I was close I guess!
My original thread was started on....10-06-2006, 09:36 PM Do you remember when you first jumped in here??? I feel like we have all known each other forever! Plus, there are even a few who are MIA that I still talk to on FB or thru email...crazy huh! I love it!

I think i have only been here for just over a yr but i tell you it feels like much longer :hug:

As you liked the piccies Debbie i have some more hahhahaha
It was Sports day for us yesterday so here are some action shots of Cj during it :laughing:

Cj attempting long jump
IMGA0024-1.jpg

And sweltering during the sack race
IMGA0007-3-1.jpg

IMGA0012-1.jpg

Debbie, I went back and looked - Jan 2007 for me. I was planning a trip with my DSIS. There were so many people on there that we never hear from - Maureen, Sewer, Tnklvr, Lisa, Keahi - if you're out there- we miss you! Who was FromScratchMom? Seems like she and you were the main ones on in the beginning. Memories.

Makes me feel so lucky to know you ladies for 2 2/1 years! Such a great group of friends! :grouphug: You know, we talked about getting together for margaritas starting in 05/2007. We really need to follow through some time!

Love you all!

Hi Girls....Glad to see everyone is collecting here. Mark is off work again so I am stressing about how I am going to make the bills over the next couple weeks or over the summer for that matter. Oh well... no one to blame but myself. If it was the fall I could at least substitute teach. I ALWAYS to my fault assume Mark will have constant work. I was kidding myself!

Speaking of that...this girl posted on the Dis about how she has $8000.00 debt on a low interest credit card and was upset because the were going to really raise her minimum payment and you should see how people yelled at this girl. I swear people who get on their high horses and feel the need to yell at complete strangers for the choices they make REALLY annoy me! I mean why post anything!

Some people just have to find ways to feel superior. :confused: What does Mark do again?

Some people just have to find ways to feel superior. :confused: What does Mark do again?

Hi again...unfortunately he's in construction. He installs commercial carpet and carpet tiles. He gets a great hourly pay but works very hard and when he's off he gets NO pay! So holidays nada! Sick days nada! and worst of all Vacations!!! Nada!

I'm out of her girls! I am off to Wisco in the morning until Sunday night! Have a great weekend!
Text it! LOL

BTW I hope Jillian is OK! On FB she said she was on her way to the ER with the problems she has been having coming to a head!

Hey girls I am in the er Aunt flo is Bad and won't stop so here I am waiting wishing I Had my laptop to type this out ugh! They are trying to figure out what's going on may have to get a D&C done we'll see I will post when I know more miss all of u a ton.

Kara hope your knee is better

Tammie happy birthday how is the Hubbs?

Lorrie- miss talking to u need to more now TNT Luca is going thru his terrible 2s yuck

Debbie- good luck with everything I know how hard it is if u need anything call

Newbie worry wart checking in!

I am a control freak and have anxiety issues. I have actually found some help with a program my Dad found and sent me.

It doesn't stop me from compulsively scouring the internet for facts, tips, ANYTHING to make life, our trip, our budget, EVERYTHING go smoother.

I have taken it upon myself to be the one "in charge". Because my MIL and Mom are both still living, I am not quite the matriarch just yet, but I am "in-waiting". I am the planner, decision maker, researcher, etc etc for my family. (and I secretly kinda like it that way :) )

BTW, I am Nancy, I live in NJ. I am married to my HS sweetheart and we have three kids.

soontobewed.. I hope everything is okay. Please update when you can, in the meantime I will say a prayer for you. (I grew up in MA! :) )

Checking in! Hope everyone is doing well...going crazy from the rain. I feel like we are growing moss, we have been damp for so long. Tomorrow doesn't look any better. My grass looks great but poor DH can't cut it since we have hardly had any dry days!

Insomnia is back in full force. It's 11:30 and I feel like I am just gearing up. Ugh. I'm trying Melatonin now.

Oh...and we scrapped the ADR's and going without a plan! Makes me throw up in my mouth a little but I'll deal. No kids with us means no nap schedule to worry about or bedtimes to try and adhere to.

Getting nervous about listing our house (are you all sick of hearing about it?). Our goal is to have it listed the weekend after the 4th.

Hi Ladies!

Tessa, congrats on the wt loss - keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

Kara, Loved the paintings - so cute! Thanks for sharing. How did the swim meet go?

Tina, yuk on the gas.

Jillian:eek: I hope you're okay. I'm praying for you - keep us posted.

Debbie, have fun in WI. I hope Mark stays busy. I think things are picking up, at least until the O team starts raising all those taxes;)

Nancy, Welcome!:cheer2: Please feel free to vent, ask, plan with us - we are a fun group, and we love to help! I don't think you need a program - every family needs a planner - especially for Disney! Right girls?

Lydia - no ADRS:scared1: Actually, with no kids you can relax and do things at your own pace - you should be fine, you'll just have to be flexible with your choices. Will you have a car? There are alot of off-site places to eat.

Have you tried "Sleepy Time" tea by Celestial ? I swear by it.

Erin, fun sports day pics! I can't believe you're still in school there. When do you go back?

We leave for Texas in 2 more days! Today :laundy: tomorrow I need to bake a dessert and pack. We load the truck on Friday and then a going away party.:sad2: I'll check in before we go, I'm sure. Have a great 4th everyone, if you're leaving before I do,

Happy Independence Day!!!

Oh...and we scrapped the ADR's and

Sorry, just had to laugh at that comment!!! I'm sure you'll be fine, but are you sure you don't want to make just a couple ADRs for the places you REALLY want to eat? I'm nervous for you now......

Tammie - 2 days???? Be careful driving this weekend - 4th of July crazies out there. And relax. I'm sure it will all work out for everyone. The kids need to move on and get their lives rolling. and just think - the time spent with the grandkids will be super sweet now! But they are in for a rude awakening! I know I totally took my inlaws for granted when they lived so close in SC - now..... we have to actually PAY a babysitter! :scared1: And it's usually last minute plans we make, if Ally goes to a friends house or something.

Jillian - OMG! Are you okay? What is going on????

Debbie - that sucks that Mark doesn't get paid for holidays or vacay!!!! I've seen that the builders are starting back up down here so hopefully business will be picking up again soon.

Nancy - Welcome!!!! We are not only control freaks and worry warts, but we are checking in here all the time!!!!

So..... Ally is grounded now. ONly one win last night! :rotfl2: Actually, she did great - but she only won the 100m freestyle relay. It was great! Two girls didn't show up, so they replaced them with much slower girls..... The first little girl was waaaaay behind, then Ally jumped in and literally went from last to first by the end of her 25m lap!!! Then she took second in 25 backstroke and 25 free by about 1/2 second in each race!!! So close! Then the 100 medley relay, she swam butterfly (NOT her best stroke!) b/c two girls didn't show up and they had to substitute - Ally was supposed to swim backstroke in that race. But she asked if she could try butterfly and since this is a recreational league, the coach was like, why not? The next two meets though, they have to spend more time really figuring out which events to put the kids into. The championships are July 25 and they can only swim in 4 events....... I think Ally will make both relay teams, probably swimming backstroke in the medley relay.

OK, enough from the swim mama!!!!!

So what are eveyone's plans for 4th of July???? I think we will just hang out here..... there are lots of activities planned for the pool - face painting, temp tattoos, cookouts, trivia.... etc.

Debbie, I went back and looked - Jan 2007 for me. I was planning a trip with my DSIS. There were so many people on there that we never hear from - Maureen, Sewer, Tnklvr, Lisa, Keahi - if you're out there- we miss you! Who was FromScratchMom? Seems like she and you were the main ones on in the beginning. Memories.
Makes me feel so lucky to know you ladies for 2 2/1 years! Such a great group of friends! :grouphug: You know, we talked about getting together for margaritas starting in 05/2007. We really need to follow through some time!
Love you all!

FromScratch Mom was GREAT & then she just disappeared! I still see Maureen on FB and randomly hear from Lisa. When I am back in town I should shoot them an email. Actually, I did email them to stop by the new thread (if I still had a current email).

Tammie when you passing though Chitown again! Seriously that would be fun!
I am a control freak and have anxiety issues. I have actually found some help with a program my Dad found and sent me.
It doesn't stop me from compulsively scouring the internet for facts, tips, ANYTHING to make life, our trip, our budget, EVERYTHING go smoother.
I have taken it upon myself to be the one "in charge". Because my MIL and Mom are both still living, I am not quite the matriarch just yet, but I am "in-waiting". I am the planner, decision maker, researcher, etc etc for my family. (and I secretly kinda like it that way :) )
BTW, I am Nancy, I live in NJ. I am married to my HS sweetheart and we have three kids.

Welcome! You sound a lot like me! My anxiety is VERY seasonal though. Stick around!

Checking in! Hope everyone is doing well...going crazy from the rain. I feel like we are growing moss, we have been damp for so long. Tomorrow doesn't look any better. My grass looks great but poor DH can't cut it since we have hardly had any dry days!
Insomnia is back in full force. It's 11:30 and I feel like I am just gearing up. Ugh. I'm trying Melatonin now.
I get really crabby and down in the dumps without the sun!!!! I seriously know tanning spas are terrible for your skin but maybe that's just what you need!

Oh...and we scrapped the ADR's and going without a plan! Makes me throw up in my mouth a little but I'll deal. No kids with us means no nap schedule to worry about or bedtimes to try and adhere to.
Getting nervous about listing our house (are you all sick of hearing about it?). Our goal is to have it listed the weekend after the 4th.
You rebel!:rotfl2:I am sure it will still be great!
Kara...glad swimming is so fun for all of you! Have a great weekend! You know where I'm headed! I have to drive to my fun and yours is right in your backyard!

Have a good one everyone! Enjoy and be safe and I hope my Eastern friends get some sun!!!!!!!!!!

Soontobewed - I hope everything is alright! I'm praying for your to be ok! Let us know!

Lydia - you are very brave to not have any ADRs. My mom swears by Melatonin that and warm milk.

Nancy - Welcome - you'll fit in nicely with this group!

Kara - it sounds like you have a future Olympian there! Congrats!

Magicfor2 - sounds you've got a busy couple of days make sure you enjoy the holiday!

I hope everyone has a Great/Safe holiday!!

Hi again...unfortunately he's in construction. He installs commercial carpet and carpet tiles. He gets a great hourly pay but works very hard and when he's off he gets NO pay! So holidays nada! Sick days nada! and worst of all Vacations!!! Nada!

I'm out of her girls! I am off to Wisco in the morning until Sunday night! Have a great weekend!
Text it! LOL

Hey Debbie it is so hard in that line of work andespecially in this current climate, i will be thinking of you and praying for you that things keep ticking over for Mark!
Have a great weekend :hug:

Hey girls I am in the er Aunt flo is Bad and won't stop so here I am waiting wishing I Had my laptop to type this out ugh! They are trying to figure out what's going on may have to get a D&C done we'll see I will post when I know more miss all of u a ton.

Jillian take care of yoruself, thoughts and prayers are with you, let us know what happens and take care :hug:

Hi Nancy and welcome i am less of the worrier but a huge control freak ;) i just make everyone else go along with that as after all noone does it better than me right hahhaha;)

Erin, fun sports day pics! I can't believe you're still in school there. When do you go back?

We leave for Texas in 2 more days! Today :laundy: tomorrow I need to bake a dessert and pack. We load the truck on Friday and then a going away party.:sad2: I'll check in before we go, I'm sure. Have a great 4th everyone, if you're leaving before I do,

Happy Independence Day!!!

Hiya Tammie
Yep still in school and at the moment we are having some crazy heatwave for us, it is in the 90's today and believe me when i say that DOES NOT happen here! Anyway we finish school on the 17th July (11 days to be exact haha) and we have 7 weeks off for summer and go back the 7th September!!
Thankfully the next coupld of weeks are pretty much laid back, they get to find out whose class they are in next week and spending the morning on wed in that class with that teacher, i am so happy as Chloe will have 1 of 3 teachers and i really like all 3 of them so i couldn't be happier about that!
Oh Tammie i do feel for you with the kids moving so far away, i can't believe it is here already and am sure you can't either, take care and hugs coming your way :hug:

So..... Ally is grounded now. ONly one win last night! :rotfl2:

Ok i had to take a double look at that i was worried you had turned into crazy swim mother!! :lmao:

Has anyone heard from soontobewed?? (her name is Jillian, right?) I came by to check on how she is doing.

We are busy busy trying to get rady to go camping. I spent the morning doing shopping and now I am trying to get everything organized so I can load the car later.

I'll check back later for an update on Jillian.

Hey all! I redid my bonus room upstairs - after we moved Ally to the larger bedroom, what used to be my Disney room, I had to take down everything from the walls, etc. So I finally got around to painting the bonus room and redecorating it.....

BonusRoom1.jpg

BonusRoom2.jpg

BonusRoom3.jpg

BonusRoom4.jpg

I still need to do window treatments up there, but that's it!!! Done, Done, Done!!!!

Jillian is on bed rest. Sounds like a d&c and she'll be okay.

I'm cleaning. The anniversary party for my inlaws is less than a month away. Tim has some snoopy relations so I need to have all of closets clean. But I am so tempted to have a large container of hemroid cream on the shelf to embrarass them.

Off to WI on sat. I finally figured debbie and I are only 5 hours apart when we are theretogether.

Laura - I'm thinking condoms would be a good embarassment!!!! Or ky jelly or something like that!!! :rotfl2: I could be REALLY bad, but I'll behave myself...... I'm sure you get the idea....

Hey girls I am fine. Thanks for being concerned I am on bedrest until Sunday Morning and I have to have a D&C done. I will be checking here alot since I have nothing to do other than be on the internet and watch TV. Mike is picking up a ton of DVD's so I have something to watch and he is brining the Wii upstairs so I can challange him. My mom is going to take Badookie and I am going to start a trip report and do a little shopping online. This is actually good because I will be able to get pregnant soon and all of my female problems (this is what Mike calls them) should go away :rotfl2:Well not all of them.

Happy 4th everyone. I will be able to go watch the fireworks as long as I am sitting down. Miss my friends.

Kara you need to plan a Disney trip I am really thinking it should be sometime between Sept 25th and Oct 2nd and maybe a Spa trip is in order? LOL

Kara- I LOVE the bonus room. I was thinking of doing a Disney room for our family room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter