• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for Best Steak Dinner on WDW property

The Turf Club has a real good Prime Rib. Filet, not so good. The Yachtsman has a good ribeye, but their prime rib is horrible. They have no idea what they are doing with prime rib. Their filet also isn’t that great.

It was good, so I wouldn't say it's a fail; it is also substantially cheaper than Citricos.
I agree. We love Steakhouse 71. It is not a signature restaurant, so it's really not fair to compare it to one. While the cuts of meat are not signature quality they also are not signature price - not even close. We've had great tasting steaks there. I absolutely love the rub they use, and we've really enjoyed the side dishes.

Steakhouse 71 is nice option for an affordable (by Disney standards :rolleyes: steak dinner.

I don’t know if it’s worth the price but we had the tomahawk steak for two at California grill in April and it was very good. Not the best pic of it but gives you an idea 70A45E95-10E3-4464-A485-9E9FB0FA0966.jpeg

Looking at the V&A menus, I'd be hard pressed to believe anyone else's steaks would compare.
We haven't been back there since 'rona yet but the meats at V&A have always been superior to the rest of WDW.
Off campus we like Charley's.
This is a pic of our Christmas present to each other, we take being carnivorous seriously.

Attachments

• 20221223_172505.jpg
    20221223_172505.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 21

As a midwest family we love our steaks. When I ask the family where they want to go, Shula's and Yachtsman are always on this list. I personally think Shula's steaks are better, but the sides and rolls at Yachtsman are better. All that being said, the best steak I have ever had was the filet at Jiko. That meal was just me and my wife and very romantic and memorable.

Looking at the V&A menus, I'd be hard pressed to believe anyone else's steaks would compare.
We haven't been back there since 'rona yet but the meats at V&A have always been superior to the rest of WDW.
Off campus we like Charley's.
This is a pic of our Christmas present to each other, we take being carnivorous seriously.
I’ve never been but I’d think takumi-tei would be up there with their a5 rated Wagyu beef

We have been to just about every signature restaurant over our last few trips. Some get better, some decline as well. Citricos is one of those for us, kinda up and down. With how Disney moves head chefs around these things can happen. However, we haven't been there since they changed and most seem to rave about it so it is on our list of "must do's" next visit.

Everyone has pretty much already mentioned every place you can get a great steak on property. None of them are bad choices. One place that hasn't been mentioned yet is Flying Fish. We have had steaks from every restaurant mentioned here (not including B&B and V&A). The NY strip from Flying Fish is the best steak I have ever had on Disney property. I like my ribeyes and my wife and son like the fillets when we go out. This NY strip was in a class all by itself. Even my wife and son who only order fillets when we go to a "steak place" agreed 100%.

For a "couples night", Jiko is fantastic. Filet is one of the best on property. Cali Grill is awesome for its fireworks views and great steaks (when they have them) Same goes for Narcoossees, great fireworks date night right on the water. Try to get a res between 7:30 and 8:30pm for either of these restaurants. Yachtsman and Shulas both great because they always have multiple steaks to choose from. 71 is solid, very solid for its price. Le Cellier is hit or miss but when they are on, they are up there competing with the others at the top, especially if you like the fillet.

But, if it came down to it, I would sit at a pre-schoolers class desk at the entryway to the bathrooms in the Flying Fish for that steak.

I've been all over the world and enjoy a very nice dining experience - and don't mind paying for it. But it sort of depends on what you are looking for in your 'dinner' experience. Just the steak and an amazing meal- I agree with Shula's - or STK in Disney Springs. But they are both chain steakhouses - very good, but an experience you can get elsewhere. But if you are looking for an amazing meal - can't go wrong.

My favorite experience is Narcoossees (but, alas, it's closed for a bit). Is it the best steak? It's very very good, but not the best on property (that's Shula's). However, nothing beats the entire evening enjoying the company of my favorite bartender while they hold a meal while we watch the fireworks. Same can be told for Cali Grill, or Citrico's (the fireworks are a bit of a walk to go see - so not during dinner). Jiko - I've never had a beef steak there - they have so many other wonderful things there (I actually haven't been there in a while - and it is going back on the list for the next trip now that I'm thinking of it).

Le Cellier is over rated. The steaks are good, but its just too much work these days to get in - and it's small, etc. Better experiences elsewhere. I also firmly believe in going for a nice meal means dressing the part - and it's hard to get dressed nicely and then go to Epcot.

Yachtsman is also good - but I've had hit or miss there, and there isn't the same special that the fireworks at MK bring - or the animals at AKL.

I have yet to have a steak at Steakhouse 71 - I'm not sure about it - I've eaten there for breakfast a couple of times and want to like it (the pictures going in are really fun) - but it wasn't amazing (for breakfast).

If looking for an amazing meal - Shula's or STK (Shula's gets my edge). If you have a car - you get validated valet parking at Shula's, ask at the check in desk - and this makes it much easier than STK. If you want a whole nice Disney experience...Cali Grill (with fireworks) or Citrico's and the fireworks gets my vote.
But if you CAN get into Le Cellier it’s worth it? It’s on my list of must eats for one of our two Epcot days, first trip to WDW
The ambiance really is enticing me, a Canadian castle!

But if you CAN get into Le Cellier it’s worth it? It’s on my list of must eats for one of our two Epcot days, first trip to WDW
It’s definitely worth going to as a restaurant but I would never order an entree there again probably. The steaks are very overpriced for the quality imo especially when compared to other places within walking distance (Shulas). The soup, poutine and desserts are worth checking out though.

Last edited:
Worth it? I’d say no - steaks are just ‘fine’…and for the price, I want something better than that. As far as atmosphere, you’re not in a Canadian castle, you’re in a castle’s cellar, dark and with table so close to each other it’s ridiculous…

Shula's has the best steak on property but Flying Fish has the best dish with a steak included. The filet with onion risotto and truffle sauce are what food dreams are made of. We have been to almost every restaurant on property over the last five years. We had Jiko, Shula's, Steakhouse 71 and Flying Fish on our trip last summer and after eating at all four we booked Flying Fish for our last night for a second visit on the same trip and it was just as amazing as the first time. We will be booking it twice for this coming summer trip as well.

Last edited:

We enjoy it and go most trips. I agree that the prices have gotten silly, but we enjoyed our meals this past December (2022). I ordered the filet and it was good. But we don't always go for their steaks. I'd be fine with just their cheese soup and pretzel bread. ;)

Comparing Steakhouse 71 to any of the signatures is like comparing any of the signature restaurants to V&As, it is just a completely different tier.

For Disney "value," the steaks at Steakhouse 71 are a solid option. Especially if someone isn't comfortable with the higher price points of the signature restaurants.

Capa at the Four Seasons Orlando was recently awarded 1 Michelin Star as the first and only restaurant with a star in Orlando. They are a steakhouse and Spanish Tapas concept. Now that Michelin is rating restaurants in parts of Florida, I would feel confident that any steak you ordered there would be top notch.

Everyone has pretty much already mentioned every place you can get a great steak on property. None of them are bad choices. One place that hasn't been mentioned yet is Flying Fish. We have had steaks from every restaurant mentioned here (not including B&B and V&A). The NY strip from Flying Fish is the best steak I have ever had on Disney property. I like my ribeyes and my wife and son like the fillets when we go out. This NY strip was in a class all by itself. Even my wife and son who only order fillets when we go to a "steak place" agreed 100%.
i scrolled through this thread just to post basically this exact same comment about the FF strip

Another vote for Flying Fish. I believe it is also priced nicely compared to Shula, Bull & Bear, and Victoria and Alberts. Unfortunately, the best meal we have had at Steakhouse 71 was breakfast on opening day.

That being said, we will be making our first trip to Jiko in March and I'm excited for that! If you are already staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, that sounds like a great plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter