Looking for a bag that doesn’t cause pain

Lately I carry a disposable water bottle on a crossbody lanyard (with a Mickey water bottle strap). Super lightweight.

Everything else slides into a pocket :) Lately I far prefer shorts and leggings with pockets.

Otherwise even my most comfy bags eventually start hurting after several days at the parks.

I do use an athletic fanny pack occasionally when I don't have pockets and that works too. But not as comfortable as pockets.

It would be easier if I didn't need to be able to carry a water bottle. When I'm at home, I usually just carry a smaller bottle, but at Disney I normally carry a Camelbak bottle. I really miss the days when my son was little and I could put all the heavier stuff in the stroller.

Yes - the water bottle definitely throws things off! I've started to carry a collapsible water bottle because it's lighter and I can adjust it to be a little smaller, and then I refill it more frequently. I clip it onto my backpack with a locking carabiner, and that usually works okay.

Does wearing a fanny pack cause any of you lower back pain? I used to wear one years ago but can't remember whether it bothered me or not.

Does anyone have experience with the Kavu bags?
I have a few Kavu bags and love them but definitely not for a full day at the parks. I always carry my Hydroflask and those rope straps really dig in with the bottle in there. They’re also not water resistant at all and take a long time to dry if they get wet. I found some cheap (like $15) sling bags on Amazon that just hold my bottle and some essentials. After I used one, went back and bought several as they are too small to overload, very water resistant—but cheaply made, so I went ahead and got spares! Haven’t lost one yet though...

Lately I carry a disposable water bottle on a crossbody lanyard (with a Mickey water bottle strap). Super lightweight.

Everything else slides into a pocket :) Lately I far prefer shorts and leggings with pockets.

Otherwise even my most comfy bags eventually start hurting after several days at the parks.

I do use an athletic fanny pack occasionally when I don't have pockets and that works too. But not as comfortable as pockets.
Do you have a link for what you mean by a water bottle strap that will hold a disposable water bottle? Looking for these for my kids...

a84c961d7e5a49b077feebc084af35fd.jpg

This is what I bought from WDW. They sell it at various carts and probably in some of the stores. Something like $10 if I recall correctly?

You can get similar things on Amazon but the Mickey head is adorable :)

I used a medium width strap from another bag to basically make a crossbody lanyard. This one is made to attach to a backpack or maybe a belt loop.

I do also have a collection of tiny, lightweight crossbody purses :) Unlike even a lightweight bag, I found this to be the least painful for my shoulders.

I am looking for a good sling bag to carry in the parks. I have dozens of regular backpacks, but am looking for one that is easy to get on and off.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the ideas. I'm looking at a lot of different options. It would be easier if I didn't need to be able to carry a water bottle. When I'm at home, I usually just carry a smaller bottle, but at Disney I normally carry a Camelbak bottle. I really miss the days when my son was little and I could put all the heavier stuff in the stroller.

We quit carrying water into the parks entirely just for this very reason, and now we just get free cups of ice water throughout the day at counter service places.

Admittedly a little harder right now in the Covid era, but still doable, and it lightens our backpack load so much we think it's worth it.

I am looking for a good sling bag to carry in the parks. I have dozens of regular backpacks, but am looking for one that is easy to get on and off.

Thanks in advance!
I have an Osprey Daylite Sling Pack. I find it to be very comfortable to wear and I have had no problems getting it off and on. When I sweat, and I sweat a lot, I have noticed it does not stick or adhere to my sweaty gross shirts either. Lastly, I think my arms are average for a 6' male (if that makes a difference in your comparison of body height and length).

Lug Can Can is awesome. It is a crossbody and can be converted to a belt bag. Has a waterbottle holder on side that can be collapsed and tucked away with a magnet so it doesn't pop open while not in use. The strap is wide enough that I never have neck or back pain. Small but mighty. Holds a lot.
comes in so many colors and patterns including one that looks like a small world pattern. Lug has other bags that may fit the bill even if this one doesn't.
https://www.luglife.com/products/can-can-se

I know this gets asked all the time, but I’m looking for recommendations for a good bag. I have so many bags already, but I’ve yet to find one that doesn’t cause some kind of back or neck pain after a long day. My regular bag is a Kipling small backpack and I used to love the Baggallini sling bags. I’m not sure if I’m looking for a sling bag or a backpack. I want something that can fit basics like a wallet, sunscreen and water bottles, that’s lightweight, preferably polyester or something water resistant, but most important, that causes the least amount of pain. All recommendations are much appreciated. Thx!

Most days I'm in the park, I carry my Herschel fanny pack. https://herschel.com/shop/hip-packs/fifteen-hip-pack?v=10215-00001-OS

It's big enough for my card wallet, phone, portable charger, sunscreen, hand sanitizer and a few small other odds/ends. If it's cooler months, I just carry a water bottle. If I do bring my refillable bottle, I use my collapsible silicone bottle and clip it to my hip or carry it. It's nice because it rolls up when you are not using it. In the hotter months, my husband or I will carry our bigger pack with water bottle holders for big refillable bottles. It's nice to have even in hotter months since you don't have a bag on your back.

Patagonia Atom Sling bag was great our last trip - small enough not to feel too bulky but able to carry a couple water bottles and wallet, sunglasses, etc...

I do best when I wear my cargo capris and go bag less. I have enough pocket space for everything I need except the bottle of water. If it’s summer, I just carry the bottle because I am drinking constantly (and refill at QS with free water). If it’s not hot, I just stop at a QS when I am thirsty. I have back and hip issues. The only bag I can carry that doesn’t bother me is the small Dooney HM pouchette crossbody, but it doesn’t hold anything more than my pockets hold, so I only use it if I am going somewhere I want to wear more dressy clothes (which don’t have the pockets). Even then, I switch sides often. Backpacks of any size are a no-no for me.

https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/823001...a&utm_source=google&utm_term=0230168517000000

D0230168_302C1

I also had neck/back pain from a backpack and a crossbody bag seemed to make me sweat. Switched to a fanny pack a couple trips ago and will never use anything else!! I have a clip for a reusable water bottle and only carry in the pack what I need for each day. I find it so much easier!

Check out Osprey's options. They have day packs, fanny packs, slings, etc. I don't claim to have the entire inventory memorized but perhaps Osprey has something smaller like you describe. I have found this brand to be comfortable to wear and useful when digging through the bag.
Love my small Osprey backpack. It has the chest and lower straps if you want to use them as well. They're not cheap, but light weight and built well.

i won't bring water bottles in for this reason too. try bagless and get free water or buy water there. i plan to carry a plastic water bottle, disposable, into the parks in my hand to drink the first hour, then i'm on my own and plan to go bagless and use my pockets. i also have something called sprigs where i can put my phone and/or wallet items in it on my wrist so my pockets don't feel weighed down. I purchased a necklace item for my mask so if i still need a mask i won't need to put it inside of something like a pocket.

I have tried numerous bag styles in the park. The only one that causes no pain is this one that I have (although I have the Disneyland version):

I like that the straps are nylon and adjustable. I like the separate zippered compartment in front. I like how lightweight and fast drying the bag is. It can fit a LOT and still be comfortable. I load mine up with 2 large 24 oz water bottles, a UV blocking umbrella, hat, sunglasses, wallet, sunscreen, wipes/sanitizer, phone charger, keys, etc. and it STILL can fit a lightweight hoodie or sweatshirt. I have chronic neck/shoulder muscle pain and I can carry this bag all day with no discomfort.

Disney is always selling one in this style in the parks and World of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter