Looking at the dream but need a Stateroom to sleep 4 adults?

nannye

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the floor plans and when I search for a stateroom to sleep 4 adults, I am looking at the deluxe oceanview stateroom with verandah that will sleep 4-5 and I can only see the 1 bed and 1 couch... how do I fit 4 adults in this room? I can only see it sleeping 3?

They figure on two people sleeping in the main bed, one on the couch pull out bed and one in the drop down bed that is over the couch. Some staterooms have murphy beds that fold out of the wall.

I am looking at the floor plans and when I search for a stateroom to sleep 4 adults, I am looking at the deluxe oceanview stateroom with verandah that will sleep 4-5 and I can only see the 1 bed and 1 couch... how do I fit 4 adults in this room? I can only see it sleeping 3?

When you try to make a reservation on the DCL site with 4 people, they will only show you rooms that will accomodate 4 people.

A 4 person room will have a (queen) bed (2 people), a couch, and an upper pull down berth (over couch).

Some rooms have the upper berth others do not.

:cutie:

So looking on You tube, I found my answer. My they hide those beds well!

Seriously with 4 adults you might want to look into doing 2 rooms....if you want, you can get one with a balcony and one across the hall so all can visit and enjoy the balcony.

Reason? 2 rooms doubles the bathroom, storage, TVs, etc. and depending on the dates, can often be done for the same price as placing 4 people in one room. This is especially true if you choose to go down a category or two since you'll only have 2 in the room.

Seriously with 4 adults you might want to look into doing 2 rooms....if you want, you can get one with a balcony and one across the hall so all can visit and enjoy the balcony.

Reason? 2 rooms doubles the bathroom, storage, TVs, etc. and depending on the dates, can often be done for the same price as placing 4 people in one room. This is especially true if you choose to go down a category or two since you'll only have 2 in the room.

Agree! Honestly, I can't picture 4 adults in one cabin...with one Bathroom. :scared1: You could price it out for two cabins and the price difference, which I think may be minimal, may just make the difference of your vacation.

Not to mention, unless it's a particularly small adult, I can't imagine anyone being comfortable on the upper berth. My 60-pound daughter was uncomfortable on the upper berth.

I'd do two connecting rooms if you want the "all in one big room" experience with more space. or do that family stateroom that holds 5. That chair that turns into a bed looks a tad more comfortable than the pull down bed or the couch.

Another thing to consider is the weight limit on the pull down bunk and is the person comfortable sleeping close to the ceiling and getting into bed via a ladder.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43824701

Personally I'd book two staterooms or depending on your budget check the concierge rooms.

The Magic/Wonder do have the concierge two bedroom suites.

Like others have stated you would need a Deluxe Family Oceanview. If you do this....I suggest 2 share the main bed....one on the sofa bed...and one on the murphey bed. I have shared the main bed with a girlfriend and there was plenty of room....and a friend also slept on the murphy bed which she thought was comfortable (she compared it to a firm memory foam mattress). You can also request an egg crate topper, but they are hard to come by and you may not get one.

I have shared a room with 3 adults before. One person would go back to the room first....take a shower....and be out by the time the 2nd person returned for their shower, ect. There is a curtain to separate the room....plus the 2nd bathroom with a sink/toilet....so it works. Of course this was with family/close friends......but it is doable.

If you all are close friends/family....go for it! You will have fun!!

PS. Bring earplugs!! You never know who snores in their sleep!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter