• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking at hotels. Prices are crazy!

tzuhouse

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I've got the itinerary for this roadtrip planned and I'm working my way through, figuring out where we will stay so we can make ressies as soon as allowed and figure out how much money we'll need. BOY! Are the Disneyland hotels pricey! Very different from the options at WDW, that's for sure.

I saw that they also link to some hotels that are off premises. Any recommendations on a two night stay for family of 4? Boys will be 7 and 5.5. Want clean and inexpensive.

Thanks in advance for advice!

Mary

We really love Candy Cane Inn! Can't go wrong there if it's in your budget. They have their own free shuttle, free extensive breakfast, and are still a close walk to the parks. A lot of people here also recommend the Howard Johnson - we've never stayed there, though - so I can't say personally. Have fun!

Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites-awesome!!! Don't be fooled by the extremely low price and the bad reviews!! I stayed here with a friend for 2 nights, 12/15-12/17, and it was AWESOME!! They were repainting some of the rooms, our room had just been renovated. Grounds AND room were extremely clean, staff super friendly, and lots and lots of parking. 2 minute drive to the DL parking structure, probably a 10 minute walk to the front gate. We stayed for $50 a night for a very large room with 2 queen beds; comes standard with refrigerator and microwave also!! Pool looked awesome, but we never got a chance to swim. Hope that helps!

The Disneyland resort is really different than WDW. In this photo you can see that it is surround by suburbs. Many of the motels across the street are fine and a few are closer to the parks than 2 of the 3 Disney hotels.
http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html
The best reviewed of those Motels are The Candy Cane Inn which is not listed on the photo but is there and is located on the same block as DCA, just a 10 minute walk to the front gates and also has it's own shuttle.
The Howard Johnson toward the right top of the photo. They have less pretty rooms but the rooms are comfortable and have interior corridors and most have balconies, some with incredible views of the fireworks.
The Best Western Park Place Inn which is right at the crosswalk over to the parks. The rooms are nicely dcorated and comfortable.

HoJos is a good solution. It isn't "themed" but after all day in Disney I find that a plus. The rooms are large, management is excellent. Parking is free and they'll do their best to get you checked in early if necessary. We were there at New Years and the pool was warm enough for the kids to swim while the fireworks were going off. Private balconies are a nice touch as well. The walk was fine and there is a shuttle (costs $ and is shared with other hotels).

Any hotels with a a seperate area for kids to sleep? Anythink like Nickelodeon Kidsuites in Florida?

Some of the larger off site hotels have great weekend rates because they cater to business travelers, who usually do not travel on weekends. I received a $99 a night rate at the Anaheim Hilton for a weekend at the end of January through AAA. The Hyatt Regency and Marriott also had attractive weekend rates.

LOLA2 said:
Any hotels with a a seperate area for kids to sleep? Anythink like Nickelodeon Kidsuites in Florida?

The Portofino Inn and Suites has some rooms with a seperate area with bunk beds. I beleive the Hyatt Regency has some as well. The Annabella has a few rooms with a queen and then a small separate room with a day bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter