Longest Vacation Ever! VGC, Aulani, & More!--Complete!!!

FINALLY! I had a very hard time getting my bog site to post pictures today. DH showed me how to do it in a different format and it's finally done. See post 2 for the link to Day 11! Maui is almost over :sad1:, but Aulani is coming right up!

BTW, less than four weeks until I leave on my next seminar/vacation! I better get a move on!

At least everyone had fun at the aquarium even though it was expensive.

Max must have really enjoyed it to put aside his shyness to ask questions.

So cute that Jacob is enlisting the help of his siblings to develop his photography skills!

Thanks again for the update!

Sheri

We're back! And here is our actual itinerary:
I'll add links as I've added all the details and pictures to our blog. (Since DH kept a little blog while we gone, I just added to it. There are plenty of pictures, but don't read ahead! I haven't done all the updates yet! I'm just starting! Link through this post (anything that is underlined!) to be sure you're reading a page that is "done!")

The Trip has Begun!
Day 1 Disneyland
1/31 Fly to California
Check into Villas at the Grand Californian
Disney's California Adventure
Dinner at Pacific Wharf Cafe
Day 2 Disneyland
2/1 Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen
Disneyland
Lunch at Bengel's BBQ
Dinner at Naples
Day 3 Disneyland
2/2 Breakfast at Jamba Juice and La Brea Bakery cart
Extra Magic Hour at Disneyland
Lunch at Blue Bayou
Schmoozies
Dinner at ToonTown and Rancho del Zocalo
Day 4 Disneyland
2/3 Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
California Adventure
Lunch at Corndog Castle
Disneyland
Dinner at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ
Day 5 Disneyland
2/4 Extra Magic Hour at Disneyland
Jolly Holiday Bakery
Princess Lunch at Ariel's Grotto
Day 6 Maui
2/5 Fly from LA to Maui
Check into Marriot Maui Ocean Club
Day 7 Maui
2/6 Pool and Beach Day
Lunch at Marriott's Marketplace
Dinner at Leilani's on the Beach
Day 8 Maui (Part 1)
2/7 Exploring West Maui
"Best Banana Bread on the Planet"
Day 8 Maui (Part 2)
Lunch at Porto
Dinner "in" & Movie Night
Day 9 and 10 Maui
2/8 Dinner at Bubba Gumps
2/9 Dinner at Longboards
7pm Seminar
Day 11 Maui
2/10 Seminar 9-5
Maui Ocean Center (Aquarium)
Iao Valley
Banyon Tree Park
Dinner at Hyatt Regency's Umalu
2/11 Seminar until noon
2/12 Fly to Oahu
Check into Aulani
Dinner at Makahiki
2/13 Starlit Hui
2/14 Valentine's Day :love:
Dinner at 'Ama 'Ama
2/15 Character Breakfast
2/16
2/17
2/18 Fly home

I plan to add dining reviews and resort reviews after I'm done with the general day reports.
I will update and add more links as soon as I can! Please leave comments to keep me motivated if you're enjoying the trip report! Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm enjoying your TR and your kids are adorable. I'm wondering if you were at the same seminar as pediatric docto freinds of ours..they seemed totally bummed (not!)

I'm enjoying your TR and your kids are adorable. I'm wondering if you were at the same seminar as pediatric docto freinds of ours..they seemed totally bummed (not!)

Thank you! Were they at the Hyatt Regency too? No, I was at a chiropractic conference. And yeah, it sure is tough to have to go to Maui in February! ;)

I'm adding the final Maui day. Maybe I'll get another part of the TR done today too.
I also have to make rolls, bagels, and cinnamon rolls today. I've got to order some Disney pins for the kids to trade on our next trip and some tshirts and iron-on transfers to make matching cruise tshirts for our cruise next month. Oh yeah, and take care of the kids and enjoy this amazing 88 DEGREE weather in Chicago!!! :faint:

I spoke too soon about no technical difficulties with the blog! I had added a ton of pictures to the "Thoughts on Marriott's Maui Ocean Center" and my comments. While uploading my last picture...it stalled for a really long time and I hit "refresh"...but it was to refresh the unsaved page I was working on, not just the picture upload. :headache: So technically, I am the difficulty; but either way no other update is coming today and I really don't want to add the pictures again when I do work on it. I think I'll add my comments and be done with that section. It's one of THOSE days!

My other tasks failed miserably today too. I used the wrong kind of wheat (I grind wheat into flour) for my bagels and cinnamon rolls. It was a lot of time and effort for bad results! I even burned my forearm pretty badly. I thought I'd make myself an iced coffee drink as a treat to cheer myself up. I brewed my new cappucino kcup into a strainer with ice added flavored syrup, opened the refrigerator to get the milk and NO MILK. :sad1:

Okay, done complaining. :upsidedow

I added Day 13. This is the first day in Oahu (at Aulani.) I'm also working on uploading the pictures to report on Aulani for those who want more details of the room and resort.
It's bugging me that I don't have pics in that Marriott post...so I'm probably going back to add them today. (Now that I'm less upset about all the wasted time the other day! ;))

I just added a ton of pictures to that Marriott post. Many are in the trip report elsewhere, but I felt the need to make that post comprehensive for those interested in the resort itself.

Now, I'm working on Aulani. :)

Yay for your Aulani post coming up.

Just about to go and catch up on your last few days.

Sorry to hear your baking didn't work out and you lost your post - so annoying!

I may be being a bit stupid but where have you put or are putting the Aulani pics of your room? I would love to see these.

We ate at the Hula Grill too. Our table was in the sand. We really enjoyed it too. We didn't see the tasting menu. Either it wasn't offered then, or we got there late. I thought you were exaggerating when you said 2 spoonfuls of creme brûlée, but then I saw the picture! Nope! 2 spoonfuls. It does seem like it would be the right amount for a meal. I usually take part of my meal home and have for breakfast.

Absolutely gorgeous pictures of the sunset!! Were they taken at Whalers Village or Marriott? You're right - perfect pictures to end Maui!!!

Looking forward to your Maui - Oahu comparison.

Sheri

It's a shame about the rental car. We never get renter's insurance either. I think some credit card companies include it if you charge the rental to it. I think American Express and maybe others. It seems like you would have received a charge by now if they were going to have you pay.

Great aerial picture of Ka'anapali. I was wondering where Black Rock was when you mentioned it. I don't think we saw it. I know we didn't see divers diving from it.

Another nice room view. What view category did you have at Aulani?

Thanks again for all of your work putting this TR together!!

Sheri

Absolutely gorgeous pictures of the sunset!! Were they taken at Whalers Village or Marriott? You're right - perfect pictures to end Maui!!!
The sunset pictures were taken on the walk back from Whaler's Village to the Marriott.

It's a shame about the rental car. We never get renter's insurance either. I think some credit card companies include it if you charge the rental to it. I think American Express and maybe others. It seems like you would have received a charge by now if they were going to have you pay.

Great aerial picture of Ka'anapali. I was wondering where Black Rock was when you mentioned it. I don't think we saw it. I know we didn't see divers diving from it.

Another nice room view. What view category did you have at Aulani?

Thanks again for all of your work putting this TR together!!

Sheri

Thanks! I'm definately keeping my fingers crossed on the rental car thing. We'll look into whether our CCs have any coverage included if it comes down to it. Maybe it's too much of a hassle for the rental car place to deal with? *fingers crossed*

We had an "ocean view" room at Aulani. It was a nice view...but not a great ocean view. My "mountain view" in Maui was a MUCH better ocean view! :rotfl: (I know it could have been worse though!) More to come in the trip report about this!

The pictures are loading slowly to the blog this AM and I lost some of my work... twice. The Aulani resort and room picture post IS coming. It will take a bit longer than I thought! :sad2:

The post with Aulani room pics, etc. has been added and linked in post #2. (Click on "Aulani" under Day 13.) There will be many more Aulani pictures coming up in the daily trip report updates too. :goodvibes

I'm going back to add a couple of extra pictures to Day 13 too. Then I'm probably done until Wednesday. The clock is ticking... I MUST finish before our next vacation! :laughing:

Thanks for posting your trip report. We'll be visiting Aulani in September and I know that my trip report won't look as good as yours.

One question about Aulani: What was your room number? I'm guessing it might have been 710 or 712. I'm putting together a map of Aulani rooms and views, and one of the few things I'm trying to confirm is the exact location of the 1-bedroom and the studio in the lock off two-bedrooms.

Thanks for posting your trip report. We'll be visiting Aulani in September and I know that my trip report won't look as good as yours.

One question about Aulani: What was your room number? I'm guessing it might have been 710 or 712. I'm putting together a map of Aulani rooms and views, and one of the few things I'm trying to confirm is the exact location of the 1-bedroom and the studio in the lock off two-bedrooms.

It is 712. Have a great trip!

Thank you so much for the Aulani pics - your room and the resort look lovely. They should reclassify the room as pool view and then let guests be surprised that they have a bit of an ocean view rather than saying it is an ocean view and being surprised that you actually have a pool view!

Thank you so much for the Aulani pics - your room and the resort look lovely. They should reclassify the room as pool view and then let guests be surprised that they have a bit of an ocean view rather than saying it is an ocean view and being surprised that you actually have a pool view!

That's what I was thinking too. Under promise and over deliver works better! I would haave saved the points and chosen a pool view or whatever the lower floor rooms are classified as had I known.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter