• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Longest lakes name

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

whenever we would go to Connecticut to visit my relatives....we would always stop in Webster Mass to see this place.........always made my visit extra special.........I also loved all the stone walls and tall oak trees........such a peaceful area
and YES I can say it

Yeah, but can you SAY it??? :rotfl: :teeth:

YIKES that's a long name

lakeap.jpg

Looks to me like they just had a bunch of extra G's and U's when they painted the sign....:p

I can say it too :wave: . All my relatives on my dad's side (including him) live on "Webster Lake".

I can't say the name either but I live in the next town over and we call it Webster Lake for short.

The way I learned to say it was from a little song we sang as kids.

But who knows what it means? I used to live in Webster (many moons ago) and back then, they said it meant "I fish on my side, you fish on your side, and no one fishes in the middle". Anyone else heard that's the meaning?

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
But who knows what it means? I used to live in Webster (many moons ago) and back then, they said it meant "I fish on my side, you fish on your side, and no one fishes in the middle". Anyone else heard that's the meaning?

Almost what I grew up hearing except that it was we both fish in the middle. :laughing:

Roberta

Originally posted by Simba's Mom

That's the translation I have heard as well.

Very cool guys! I can say that name and actually used to swim there when we lived in the next town over. When we used to take long walks, before cherubs we would walk right by that sign. We only love about 15 minutes from there now. It is so cool to see the sign on the DIS boards though!;)

I live in the next town over and I KNEW thats the lake you were referring to

Wow, what a coincidence, just snuck in for a quick DIS fix as I was packing for a day at Lake Chagog./Webster Lake. We are heading to visit DH's family in Webster then to the family cabin (on the lake) to spend the day -wish it were a week!
Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter