Long time Disney cruiser considering Oasis out of Port Canaveral

We booked a Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis for Spring Break 2015. This was CHEAPER than a week long Disney cruise with nearly the same ports for an ocean VIEW room (no balcony) on that same week. I'll take RCL every time if they keep outpricing Disney. It was a beautiful 2 story loft with full bathrooms on both floors. If you're in a suite you don't have to pre-book for the shows onboard - you just show up and they reserve several balcony seats until 5 minutes before the show. There are appetizers and free alcohol in the Coastal Kitchen for suite guests every evening and we often ate breakfast and dinner there. I would then get another glass of wine to take to the shows so we saved a lot on alcohol. You can also buy drink plans by the day on RC (on Carnival everyone has to order in the room and for the entire cruise). I really liked that on RC. We always use a travel agent who we are very faithful to. He is a master at finding discounts I hadn't thought to ask for. My husband is a police office and I am a physician. Did you know that many places do discounts for PHYSICIANS?? I didn't. And I didn't know they did police discounts either.... He will direct us to the best deals on different cruise lines so we have tried several lines. I haven't done Disney yet because I can't stomach the added cost (and we LOVE Disney and are DVC members). I know we'd have a great time on a Disney cruise but I'd be in a lower room category for the same price so unless Disney surprises me with a great deal, we may not try them for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter