Long Live the FIENDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Liv and even though this winter weather has had me in a severe funk, I'm still a fiend. This is the best bunch of people I've ever had the privilege of conversing with. In fact, I would probably be in a straight jacket right now if I didn't have the DIS to make me laugh! :thumbsup2

Here's some Fiend history, for those too new to remember. Several years ago there was no community board on the camping board. There was just a pitiful miscellaneous thread where once in a while somebody would post about their kid's activities or a recipe or weather report and such. One Sunday afternoon, two guys separated by 300 miles started watching a bad 1950's science fiction movie at the same time and happened to be on the Dis board at the same time. They started a ridiculous play by play of the movie, and by the time they were done, they had posted a couple hundred times on that one thread, so the powers that be saw a need for a camping community board, and it was born. Those two guys were none other than RvUSA and yours truly, ftwildernessguy. The movie, by the way, was the original version of The Day The Earth Stood Still. Just a couple of future fiends havin' a good time on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure about John, but I know there was some wine involved on my end.

I had forgotton about that!!! Too funny. I'm pretty sure I was enjoying my friend "the Captain"'s company while following along, lol.

LLMM&FF!!!!

Here's some Fiend history, for those too new to remember. Several years ago there was no community board on the camping board. There was just a pitiful miscellaneous thread where once in a while somebody would post about their kid's activities or a recipe or weather report and such. One Sunday afternoon, two guys separated by 300 miles started watching a bad 1950's science fiction movie at the same time and happened to be on the Dis board at the same time. They started a ridiculous play by play of the movie, and by the time they were done, they had posted a couple hundred times on that one thread, so the powers that be saw a need for a camping community board, and it was born. Those two guys were none other than RvUSA and yours truly, ftwildernessguy. The movie, by the way, was the original version of The Day The Earth Stood Still. Just a couple of future fiends havin' a good time on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure about John, but I know there was some wine involved on my end.

Ahhhhh, yes!! I have fond memories of that day!! It was second only to the "I Saw Otters at the Fort" thread,, and third or a possible fourth to the Monty Python and Animal House quotes of the day threads. Then again, there was the infamous "Can I share a Site" thread. Oh....we've had some marvelous times, haven't we? The nice thing is, no one has to ask to join, give a secret password, know the secret handshake, or nuttin like that. They only need participate in the shenanigans. Everything eventually involves wine, beer, or kungaloosh.

Ahhhhh, yes!! I have fond memories of that day!! It was second only to the "I Saw Otters at the Fort" thread,, and third or a possible fourth to the Monty Python and Animal House quotes of the day threads. Then again, there was the infamous "Can I share a Site" thread. Oh....we've had some marvelous times, haven't we? The nice thing is, no one has to ask to join, give a secret password, know the secret handshake, or nuttin like that. They only need participate in the shenanigans. Everything eventually involves wine, beer, or kungaloosh.

:thumbsup2

I'll admit that my one and only camping trip to The Fort was "less than" but it was my own fault. I had one week of vacation... We took two days to drive each way and spent 4 days, all day, at the parks. The only quality time we spent at The Fort was at the movies one night and watching the fireworks and boat parade another. I remember sitting in the camper on the 3rd day thinking "I don't get the fascination..."

Now I understand from all of the fine Fort Fiends that The Fort is the destination... that it just happens to be right next to all the WDW parks. If I have less than a week, I fly and stay at a different resort (I'm a value-resort sort of person) and then stop by The Fort for a few hours. I hoping to get two weeks off this fall so I can do The Fort right.

Oh, I wish I lived closer so I didn't have to spend so much time driving each way.

Thanks to the regular Fort Fiends. Your enthusiasm is contagious!:worship:

Oh, I wish I lived closer so I didn't have to spend so much time driving each way.

Real estate is very reasonable in Florida right now, and Disney is soliciting to fill positions in their reservation call centers. You should move here and solve two problems:

1) You'd be close to Disney.

2) If you worked for the Mouse in CRO, that would give us Fiends an inside edge for site ressies! :thumbsup2

A 2-4-1 if I ever saw one!! :rotfl2:

my name is lori and i am a Fiend, have been for years. (back before they took Mickey's musket from him...when you could track who was at the fort by front porch pics, and those who visited Colson's crossing. Remember him..yea, you remember. back when it was cool to be an otter spotter, and even cooler to have a logo designed by Rog.)

i don't post often anymore, but i visit daily. i always found this forum to be very informative about any and all things Fort related, not to mention funny as heck and quite welcoming. of course if you are a thin skinned ninny or have no humor at all in you....perhaps it isn't the place for you.

I just wanted to say that I am proud to be a fiend! I love you guys and love talking to all of you.

If you are a FIEND, then shout it out here! *

*just a small warning, proclaiming your affiliation with the fiends may result in increased scrutiny and oppression.

Feelin' Fiendish!!! How you feeling these days, John? Recovering well?

posted some stuff here and there, mainly lurk and read. so im not sure if i am a "FIEND" or qualify, but from what ive seen you all are a good bunch of nuts,umm i mean people.

As I've said in a "poofed" post, I've never had the luxury of bringing our camper to FW, we live too far away (22 hr drive on a good day), my dream is to one day do this. For the past 8 years, any time we come I boat out to FW just to feel a little bit of the magic.

The trip reports that I have read (one person in particular's) remind me almost daily of just how magical each day is in disney; from dole whips from the poly, to early morning coffee runs and southern smothered hotdogs. I hope to one day experience it over night.

I would love to be called a fiend, maybe an honorary title for endearment?

My name is Amanda and i haven't had a drink in....oh wait, i mean....I am proud to be a Fort Fiend. I wear my "I love my crazy fiends" tshirt daily.

Wow, I haven't been over here for awhile but I will shout it out!

I'm proud to be a Fiend!!! And I put out my sign on every trip!! :thumbsup2

Hi my name is Christy and I am proud to be a Fiend! I am not quick witted like most, but I am accepted! This is what makes this group awesome! LLMM and FF Forever!!

Hello Everyone .......... My name is Doug and I also am proud to be considered a 'Fort Fiend'!!! As some of you know we have been vacationing at Fort Wilderness for over 30+ years and it is nice to spend time on this forum with people that 'Love' Fort Wilderness as much as we do!!!

Doug / datgrt@fw

Fort Fiends, some of the BEST folks I've had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with at The Fort!! (and obviously I haven't logged in for a while). Long live Fort Fiends! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter