• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long Beach airport.

Long Beach is a small airport - only 11 gates and one baggage claim area. Easy to get around. Much easier to get a rideshare than at LAX.

It's a tiny regional airport. Easy to get in and out of. It's usually our backup option to SNA since it's a little further away (usually 10 min/$10 rideshare each way).

LGB has become our preferred DL-area airport. Very small and easy to navigate. Be aware that you enter and exit planes via a ramp to the tarmac and then walk into the terminal. Sometimes they’ll use both front and rear doors, so our boarding to go home was faster (rear door has a stairway from the ground rather than a ramp).

Great little airport when things go right. The down side is having no options for other flights when things go wrong. That happened to me when my plane had mechanical problems after boarding. Because there were no other flights that day, I had to taxi to SNA, and then set out on a 36 hour adventure all over the country, just to get from California to Utah.

That is my biggest worry about LGB. But SNA is a little more expensive and the times not as convenient. I don’t like that Southwest did away with their direct flight between SNA and SLC.

We flew out of there in May. It was a quick Lyft ride from Alpine Inn, a bit longer than SNA but not bad. Our driver took a route that went through some neighborhoods in Anaheim which was a nice change from the freeway. There aren't a lot of food options at LGB so that's a small detractor.

Fly regularly in and out of LGB. It's awesome. Highly recommend. Lyft is quick and around $30. I do schedule it ahead of time returning from DL to the airport as it can get more expensive.

I love LGB, it's so easy to navigate. The only reason I don't use it anymore is because none of my airlines go there.

That's the only airport we fly into down south. It is so small and easy we love it!

We’ve flown through LGB several times and it’s so easy to navigate. But of the three airports in that area, we do prefer to fly out of SNA.

Smaller airports are great to get around but I too worry about the availability of other flights when there are issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter