• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lollipop Trees

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
I just read John's last blog entry and I think I'm about to cry. No more twinkling Push-Up, lollipop trees at the Contemporary! :confused:

I can't believe they will be removed for parking. Those trees and that walkway bring a smile to my face everytime I look at them. To me, losing that themed feature of the Contemporary hurts.

Maybe, just maybe they will replace it with something just as dramatic.

I liked Kevin's response about the first 5 floors only having a view of the Monorail.

I wonder if Monorail operations will have to change procedure as the trains usually test their horns by the Chiller plant which will be close to the new towers.

Nothing like a 5:30AM Monorail horn wake-up call.

I hope Disney finds a way to replant the trees somewhere else on propery. I would hate to see those beautiful trees just chopped.

I won't freak out until I see what they do with it...it might be an improvement!

Okay, lollipop trees have never been my thing...although neither has "contemporary" architecture.

When you stay in one of those rooms with a view of the lollipop trees they look really nice. I think it is a shame if they change that area to be parking.

Do they really think they need that space for parking? They didn't build the new bldg in the old parking lot.

We always call those the "Dixie Cup" trees...I can't believe they would even consider removing them. How sad. :(

I say we make some dixie cup popsicles and stage a sit in where we chain ourselves to the world famous lollipop trees and eat our popsicles. :rotfl:

(And for those of you too young to remember - moms used to take dixie cups and fill them with juice or kool-aid and freeze them with a stick in it for after school snacks. Tupperware used to have popsicle sets also that worked even better. What can I say??? I was a child in the 70's. ):love:

I say we make some dixie cup popsicles and stage a sit in where we chain ourselves to the world famous lollipop trees and eat our popsicles. :rotfl:

(And for those of you too young to remember - moms used to take dixie cups and fill them with juice or kool-aid and freeze them with a stick in it for after school snacks. Tupperware used to have popsicle sets also that worked even better. What can I say??? I was a child in the 70's. ):love:

I like your thinking and yeah, I'm a child of the 70's as well. I remember chocolate ice cream of some sort in the dixie cup ~ probably was chocolate milk.

I'll miss the lollipop (that's how I think of them) trees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter