Logistics of park hopping.

You wear the lanyards for anyone whose ticket you paid for. I barely trusted my husband and every morning I asked him if he was sure he could wear it without losing it. Haha

This is totally me.....except I lost HIS ticket last trip. Oops. I'm still controlling everyone's paper tickets this year!

I disagree. I think I get our family of 6 through FP faster on my phone then when each person has to scan their own ticket.
Well, if each person is scanning their own, yes. If one person is holding them for the group (which was the original suggestion being referenced), then that seems to be faster - but like I've said a couple of times, I don't think this is a thing that really matters at all... the main thing is just to be prepared to scan something when you get to the scanners. If you actually have something out, ready to scan, that puts you ahead of at least 50% of park guests. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Ha. Shows how often we bother with WOC! We tried FP’s a couple of times but I’m 5’1” and have 3 kids. No one could see a thing and we gave up and left both times before it started . We started hanging out underneath Silly Symphony Swings and had the bench and whole patio to ourselves. Suuuure, everything is backwards, but it’s not like it’s words. And you can see through water. My kids don’t know it any other way.
That is pure genius!!!
:worship:

Do lanyards get in the way on any of the rides? Like flapping around, etc?

We could use our DCL lanyards.... hmmmmm. Some of us have them.

Do your DCL lanyards close or seal at the top or could tickets fall out? If they do close, some guests like to drop the lanyard down their shirt fronts for rides to make sure that the lanyards don't fall off or get torn off during the ride. Just remember to pull the lanyard back out when you exit the ride so you can scan at your next ride.

I made the lanyards for everyone in our party. Cost about $3 each. The clear badge part is like a ziplock snap shut, so tickets never fall out. The only ride we are ever concerned about is GOTG where we usually take them off and put them in our bag. I have not tucked them in on rides like BTMRR or Space and never had a problem, but some members of my family do.
My family swore they would never wear lanyards, but I made them anyway. Now they won't do a trip without them. We usually have some fun picture or image glued in place on one side and tickets with the barcode showing on the other side. It makes everything so simple. We keep gift cards, room keys, etc in there. DH and my father both left their wallets in the rooms last trip and said how nice it was.

878.jpg 566.jpg 14.jpg 12.jpg 1.jpg

Our card holders were just like these ^^ double zip at the top, super heavy duty plastic. You don't need to remove them to scan. I tried with the phone, but constantly having the app running and then pulling it out and putting in my passcode and blah blah blah when I just had 4 tickets hanging around my neck to read super quickly was much faster for us. Not to mention the battery drain. I did try it with my phone and felt like the scanner was able to scan actual tickets more quickly, but who knows. And I agree with a PP - just be ready to scan SOMETHING. That means having your phone out with the first barcode showing with a bright backlight for it to read.

@bethwc101 Thanks for the pics! I'm planning to get the same kind of ID badge holders, although I will probably be lazy and just reuse lanyards we have from NY Comic Con instead of making/buying Disney ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter