Logistics of MCO Hyatt stay

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
If we take a later flight the day before our WDW trip we save about $150 a ticket. However with an arrival time of 8:20pm I’m thinking we might be better just staying at the Hyatt and taking a car over to the Yatch club in the morning. After the the cost of the room we still save $200 (assuming we don’t buy the baby a seat) and we get a full day the next day.

Logistically how does this work. Can I go to the Hyatt with the kids and DH goes to get the bags? Is it a pain to add staying here? What else do I need to know? Will any food be open when we land?

You could still take DME in the morning of your hotel reservation if you wanted. it's just a matter of where you want to schlep your luggage to, DME or a car service.

The dining options in the Hyatt should still be open if you don't find anything you want in the airport.

Logistically how does this work. Can I go to the Hyatt with the kids and DH goes to get the bags?

Sure. You can walk over to the hotel, which is located on the east side of the airport. Take the escalator or elevator up one floor and you'll be in the lobby. You can check in or wait for your husband (if you need to wrangle your kids).

Is it a pain to add staying here? What else do I need to know?

I haven't stayed on an arrival night. But, I have stayed there when I had a pre-dawn flight. It was wildly convenient. Super easy.

Will any food be open when we land?

Here is a list of the shops and restaurants on the official website of the airport. To get a list of places that are outside security, select "Main Terminal" from the Location box.

https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/shops-restaurants

A quick glance shows the following dining locations that should be open:
  • Chick-Fil-A (until 10pm)
  • Hemisphere - inside the Hyatt Hotel (until 10pm Monday-Friday, midnight Saturday and Sunday)
  • Lobby Bar - inside the Hyatt Hotel (until 1am)
  • Macaroni Grill (until 9pm)
  • McCoy's Bar and Grill - inside Hyatt Hotel (until 12:30am)
  • McDonalds (open 24 hours)
  • Panda Express (until 10pm)
  • Sbarros (until 9pm)
  • Starbucks (open 24 hours)
  • Hotel Room Service (until 1am)
...taking a car over to the Yatch club in the morning.

In case you are unfamiliar, you can take Disney's Magical Express service the following day, if you want. You don't need to be arriving on a same-day flight to use the service.

You could still take DME in the morning of your hotel reservation if you wanted. it's just a matter of where you want to schlep your luggage to, DME or a car service.

The dining options in the Hyatt should still be open if you don't find anything you want in the airport.

Thank you! Looks like this may be the way we go!

Sure. You can walk over to the hotel, which is located on the east side of the airport. Take the escalator or elevator up one floor and you'll be in the lobby. You can check in or wait for your husband (if you need to wrangle your kids).

I haven't stayed on an arrival night. But, I have stayed there when I had a pre-dawn flight. It was wildly convenient. Super easy.

Here is a list of the shops and restaurants on the official website of the airport. To get a list of places that are outside security, select "Main Terminal" from the Location box.

https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/shops-restaurants

A quick glance shows the following dining locations that should be open:
  • Chick-Fil-A (until 10pm)
  • Hemisphere - inside the Hyatt Hotel (until 10pm Monday-Friday, midnight Saturday and Sunday)
  • Lobby Bar - inside the Hyatt Hotel (until 1am)
  • Macaroni Grill (until 9pm)
  • McCoy's Bar and Grill - inside Hyatt Hotel (until 12:30am)
  • McDonalds (open 24 hours)
  • Panda Express (until 10pm)
  • Sbarros (until 9pm)
  • Starbucks (open 24 hours)
  • Hotel Room Service (until 1am)

In case you are unfamiliar, you can take Disney's Magical Express service the following day, if you want. You don't need to be arriving on a same-day flight to use the service.

Perfect! Thank you! My husband hates DME with kids right after a flight, he thinks they get annoyed after being on the plane for 3 hours and doesn’t like disturbing other people when they are loud etc etc etc. but I guess after a night at a hotel it would be nice to save the money.

This. And I'll add I was pleasantly surprised how quiet the room was considering it opened up to the atrium in a major airport.

Thank you! This is great to hear!

We did this when we took an after-school flight that arrived at 11pm the night before our stay at BWV started. We flew with only carry-ons so that we didn't have to go to baggage claim. We simply got off the plane and walked through the terminal and took the elevator up to the hotel lobby. To our surprise, they had upgraded us to a suite for the night! We certainly didn't need it, but the quote of the trip came from DD11 who walked in the room and said, "Whoa...this place is much too fancy for us common folk!":rotfl2: In the morning, we got up, grabbed some Starbucks for breakfast and walked down to Magical Express. We hopped on the bus to the BWV and we were on our way. It was so easy, and it was a great way to start the vacation. Yes, we could have booked a cheaper room at a Disney value resort ($130 vs $250 for the Hyatt room), but we would have had to take DME on our arrival night which meant we wouldn't have arrived at the resort until almost 1am...and then be up and out by 11am. By spending a little extra, we were able to get a good night of sleep (check out at the Hyatt is noon) and head over to WDW at our leisure. We were meeting up with other family members who were taking an early flight that morning and they were arriving around 1pm so we were in no hurry. It worked out perfectly and I would not hesitate to do it again. I only wish that the rooms at the Hyatt weren't so stinking expensive. They are over $300/night now for our next trip:eek:.

We’ve done this the last 2 times, we just schedule our DME for the following morning.

We did this when we took an after-school flight that arrived at 11pm the night before our stay at BWV started. We flew with only carry-ons so that we didn't have to go to baggage claim. We simply got off the plane and walked through the terminal and took the elevator up to the hotel lobby. To our surprise, they had upgraded us to a suite for the night! We certainly didn't need it, but the quote of the trip came from DD11 who walked in the room and said, "Whoa...this place is much too fancy for us common folk!":rotfl2: In the morning, we got up, grabbed some Starbucks for breakfast and walked down to Magical Express. We hopped on the bus to the BWV and we were on our way. It was so easy, and it was a great way to start the vacation. Yes, we could have booked a cheaper room at a Disney value resort ($130 vs $250 for the Hyatt room), but we would have had to take DME on our arrival night which meant we wouldn't have arrived at the resort until almost 1am...and then be up and out by 11am. By spending a little extra, we were able to get a good night of sleep (check out at the Hyatt is noon) and head over to WDW at our leisure. We were meeting up with other family members who were taking an early flight that morning and they were arriving around 1pm so we were in no hurry. It worked out perfectly and I would not hesitate to do it again. I only wish that the rooms at the Hyatt weren't so stinking expensive. They are over $300/night now for our next trip:eek:.

Hahah! Love that quote, to bad quote of the trip came so early! I guess I’m lucky we can get two double beds for the night I need for 209+taxes. Flights are 150 cheaper so we come out ahead.

We’ve done this the last 2 times, we just schedule our DME for the following morning.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter