Logistical question about carrying around a wand

KMCPharmD

Earning My Ears
hello! We are new to US, and heading down there in 3 weeks! I have read on this forum that since bags are not allowed on rides, and the lockers are a hassle that it is easiest to carry what you need in pockets. We are fine with that... The only problem is I know my daughter (7) will want an interactive HP wand and will want to get it early on in the day to use across the park. How big is the wand? What do you do with it when going on rides? If we are planning on getting one, would it just be best to bring a bag to keep it in and use the lockers afterall? Thanks for any advice or tips!

use the free lockers for the wand.
keep it in the box when you store it.

i have not found the lockers to be bad all the time.

i usually go to the end of a locker and avoid any in the middle.

you can keep the wand/box in a bag.
you should get a bag when you make the purchase.

if you do not want to use the lockers, have one in the party sit the ride out.
or use the rider swap if they will allow it.

some rides you can have a bag with you.
i read an active thread on page 1 that had a listing of rides where bags were allowed and those that required lockers

The wands come in various lengths, from around 13 to 18 inches. You may want to store it in a locker for the remainder of the day after finishing the two Harry Potter areas.

The lockers in the front of the park have some that are valid for all day

You can open them and shut them for one fee

Lockers inside the park near rides are okay if you leave them there until you are ready to leave the park

But you would have to return to that location to retrieve them once you are ready to leave the park

I have read on this forum that since bags are not allowed on rides, and the lockers are a hassle that it is easiest to carry what you need in pockets.

Bags are allowed on the majority of rides. Lockers are momentary irritation, but going to the parks with stuff shoved in your pockets will be irritating all day long. We take the bags, and if we go on a ride where bags aren't allowed we use a locker. EASY.

Plus, if you're going on a ride where bags aren't allowed, it's not a great idea to have stuff in your pockets either, lest things fall out of the pockets.

Just be aware that the lockers are too small for the wand bags, even when placing it diagonally. The bag will get slightly crumpled. We have never understood why they made the wand bags so tall; they could be shorter and still fit the wand boxes and then also fit nicely into the lockers. They knew how big the lockers are when they decided how tall to make the bags.

Bags are allowed on the majority of rides. Lockers are momentary irritation, but going to the parks with stuff shoved in your pockets will be irritating all day long. We take the bags, and if we go on a ride where bags aren't allowed we use a locker. EASY.

Plus, if you're going on a ride where bags aren't allowed, it's not a great idea to have stuff in your pockets either, lest things fall out of the pockets.

I totally agree - my husband, daughter and I always have a small backpack each and it is really not nearly as big a deal as people are making it out to be.

About the bags...take the box out, fold the bag at its natural fold lines, and gently curve it in the locker. Not so it creases of course.

Then again, if our summer experience at USH and UO were normal, you'll see those bags stuffed in trash bins! Guess you could get a collection of them lol.

We have been there at high crowd times and never really felt that getting/re-entering the mandatory lockers was a big deal. We never had a wand to put in there, but the backpack and phones all went in fine. It only takes a minute out of your day.

The lockers are not a big deal at all. I did not have a wand when I did my trip, but storing stuff before the ride and then getting it out after was not too much trouble. It was a tad crowded, but crowds are just part of the deal at any major theme park.

It helps to only send one person in your group to the lockers to do your part to prevent overcrowding. Otherwise, the lockers are easy and nice to have. We had our wand boxes and bags sent back to our onsite hotel.

When we went over Memorial Day weekend, my cousin and I both bought wands. She got Dumbledore's and it was slightly longer than the one I picked out. We were able to make them fit in the lockers diagonally. We were also able to get them to fit in their boxes in my backpack (barely). I just went to the lockers by myself every time and left the 2 teenagers standing outside. This made it go much faster! I am leaving in a couple of days heading back for a solo trip. I'm not packing my wand this time, but will probably still carry my small back pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter