Loews Upgrades

3for Me

DIS Veteran
I know this has probably been asked 100 times - so bear with me but - can you be a "regular" Loews member to ask for an upgrade or do most of you do this when you are at the higher levels of Loews membership - along those lines - I know that anyone can ask for an upgrade - but has anyone who was just a "regular" Loews member ever gotten one?

Just thought I'd see what my chances were.

THANKS

You can ask no matter what. I have been upgraded and I am still at the blue level.(main)

Anyone can ask for an upgrade. I don't know if that hurts your chances of getting one or not. Ever since I joined Loews First I have asked at check-in for any available upgrades. I have been upgraded for free to a kid's suite at PBH, a deluxe room at PBH, a pool view at RPR (decided to pay $35/night to upgrade to a king suite), and finally at HRH to club level for $50/night. I have gotten these upgrade at blue, gold, and platinum levels.

I am Loews Gold and have stayed at HRH, PBH (twice) and RPR and have never received any kind of free upgrade or offer to upgrade for $35. It's just the luck of the draw I guess.

We are going again in February, but I am not hopeful, since it's Presidents' Week - will be very busy and an upgrade is doubtful.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

I figured it was just luck of the draw - just wanted to know if I should bother to ask - sounds like it wouldn't hurt!

Thanks again! :D

When we stayed at HRH in Oct., we got a complimentary upgrade. We are gold members. After my husband checked us in, he told me to take the kids up to the room while he parked the car. I just kept pressing that top floor button and not going anywhere. A nice gentleman got on and informed me that club level had to be accessed with the key.

:rolleyes:
(My husband failed to mention that we had been put on club level and since we have never stayed on club level I wouldn't have known that anyway.) I was thrilled to say the least! It was a fantastic stay! :p

We stayed at RPR club last year long enough to become gold members. Then we found out there was a Lowe's Hotel near here right in Philadelphia. So we decided to reserve New Year's Eve up there and take a taxi to Penn's Landing to see the fireworks. We got one of those winter promo rates of $143/night. Checking in, I mentioned gold and asked about any upgrade. I was told none was available at that hotel, but 2 minutes later the room keys printed out with a different # that originally assigned. Turns out we WERE upgraded to the 31st floor of the 33 instead of the 20 something floor. The elevator alone was amazing with all the buttons! And it turned out that we had to use our roomkey for access to the 31st floor in the elevator...guess we were on club level!There were two dbl. beds and a chaise chair thing (my 14 yr. old actually ended up sleeping on that!) Not only that, but our big, big room had a picture window that looked out over the river where the fireworks would be about 10 blocks away. There was not a building in the way because we were up higher than almost everything! It also turned out that a t.v. station broadcasts from the top floor. So we decided to stay in the nice warm hotel room and watch fireworks from the window while watching the same thing on our t.v. Honestly we had such a great view that the fireworks were reflecting off our room walls! And yes, our milk and cookies were brought up too. Not a pitcher of milk, but 4 individual glasses with saran wrap over them and two kinds of cookies on a fancy tray. LOEW'S seems to be great where ever you go! Oh, guess who's using that same Loew's hotel this weekend? THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!! wow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter