lodging with kitchen / kitchenette?

spunny

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

We're planning on a disney trip in late Aug / early Sept this year.

My wife is intend on getting lodging with a kitchen (to feed the kids, 6 month + 3 year old)

Is Extended Stay the closest place with a kitchen at DL?

How is this place, and are there others with a kitchen nearby?

Or are we limiting ourselves too much by looking for a place with a kitchen?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

But I remember seeing that the Tropicana and Park Inn each have rooms with a kitchenette. They're across the street, so probably about a 3-5 minute walk.

The Tropicana Inn and Suites on Harbor, right across the street from the DLR has a Deluxe Room with a Kitchenette. Here's the website:

http://www.bei-hotels.com/Tropicana/hotel-photos.html

Would a suite with a fridge and a microwave be sufficient for you? We've been going since our little ones were about 2years and an infant. We've always stayed in a suite with microwave and a fridge and it's been fine. We especially like the suites at the Howard Johnson's. You might want to check them out. The Castle Inn and Suites also have a "Family Suite" that's more inexpensive, but it's more of a motel-like atmosphere, KWIM? All hotels above are within a 7-10 minute walking distance to Disneyland's entrance.

HTH!

The Residence Inn on Clementine has a full kitchen with dishes if you want more than just a fridge and microwave.

We stayed at the Residence Inn back in Dec. 2004, we booked a suite, very cheap with a full working kitchen. Complete with a living room/fold out couch, and through the next door is either 2 queens or 1 king and a large bathroom. They have the full lay out for breakfast and large buses, which is great for those times after parades when people flock back to their hotels, you always have a space. It's a very short bus ride from Disneyland, you could probibly walk it's about a 10-15 minute walk.

I agree with the above posters. When you say kitchen- what is she requiring? Most of the hotels right across the street have a microwave and fridge included. Two years ago we stayed at Hawthorn Suites which is a little further away, but they had their own shuttle to the park. They had a separate room for kitchen/living and then a door on the bedroom. They also had a HOT breakfast every morning, and snacks in the afternoon if you were there.

Park Place Inn & Mini Suites, Desert Inn & Suites, Del Sol Inn, Tropicana, Park Vue all have a fridge and microwave and a continental breakfast. They are right across the street though. If you have a 3 month old, I would go more for convenience in getting to and from the hotel if all she wants are the fridge and microwave.

Here is the map of those right close by: http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

Wow, great info.

I think my wife was wants a full kitchen, with a stove so she can prepare food.

So a fridge + microwave won't cut it.

I'll definately checkout the places mentioned above.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter