Lodging options for larger family

asc72

Earning My Ears
We are planning a family trip next fall (6 adults, 3 kids). We are considering a house rental and are looking to keep a reasonable budget. (Which eliminates on-site). The one concern about a house rental is that we would like to be walking distance so people can easily come and go, which limits what is available.

Are there Good Neighbor hotels that have larger suite configurations that we should consider?

We are planning a family trip next fall (6 adults, 3 kids). We are considering a house rental and are looking to keep a reasonable budget. (Which eliminates on-site). The one concern about a house rental is that we would like to be walking distance so people can easily come and go, which limits what is available.

Are there Good Neighbor hotels that have larger suite configurations that we should consider?

How are your adults broken up? Desert Inn has a family suite.

Ramada Maingate just built a new building with huge suites. They are 950 sq ft. 2 bedrooms with 2 queen beds in each (total of 4). 2 full bathrooms. And a living area with a sofa sleeper. They are pricey, over $300 a night I think (don't know how that compares to a house rental). But they have a special for Sept right now, so they might for other months as well. Ramada Maingate is a super close walk and they don't charge for parking or wi-fi and free breakfast.

I agree with the Desert Inn and Suites (anaheimdesertinn.com). The C2 Parlor Suite sleeps up to 10 people.

You can also check out vrbo.com for townhomes/houses to rent. There is one that is across the street magicmousetownhouse.com. This place also sleeps 10. The address is on the website so you can map it out.

Stanford inn and suites has 2 bdr 2 bath suites very good prices.....but I have seen some rentals on home away that are within walking distance too

We're renting a vacation house for our trip in March, there will be about 8 of us. There are lots of vacation homes on Walnut St side of Disney. Supposedly, that area is a 5 minute walk to the Mickey parking lot trams.

My two cents Walnut street is a ghost town at night.We did a walk back to the Holiday Inn it was miles and no one around real creepy.No food places eitherI would suggest one of the suites or anything on Harbor.Embassy Suites might be a potential location you would have to take the ART but you also get free hot breakfast and happy hour.It really lowers your food costs we only ate once in the evening in the parks.I took fruit and stuff from the breakfast and some sodas and it got us through the day.I really like this hotel for other reasons big open area for kids to knock around it has a lion animatronic that goes off every so often kids love that.And honestly I noticed a lot of 8 or 9 member families if you know what I am saying here.

Why do you need to sleep together? I'd get two or three rooms within walking distance.

I would totally stay in the same room with my parents, but no one else. We've gone with family lots of times. We all get separate rooms at the same hotel. Not even connecting rooms, just in the same area of the hotel. Sometimes you need a "break".

Thanks for the suggestions!

The house is still our preferred option, as its family that does not live close by and we thought it would be nice to visit after coming back from the parks, but we will have a look at some of the hotels suggested as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter