Lockers, rope drop, weather oh my!

beachteachlv

Mouseketeer
Hello there!

Visiting with my daughter later this month. We will be doing rope drop at DCA and I’m wondering if the weather necessitates a sweatshirt in the mornings? We were planning to buy sweatshirts while in the parks for the evening, but wondering if we will need them in the morning and stash them in a locker during the day. We aren’t generally cold people, so we might be ok without them first thing, but wondering what the general consensus is. And on that note, which locker locations are preferred? We have park hoppers too.

Thanks all!

Might have to watch the weather for sure, but we almost always take sweatshirts or lightweight jackets for the mornings and late evenings. And we always get a locker to store the extra clothing as well as spare phone power packs, snacks, frozen water bottles (for later in the day), etc. Only costs like $7 or $10 depending on locker size for the day and save hauling around the extra weight/bulk all day. Locker locations for both parks are somewhat near the entrance down the right-hand side as you are entering. App should show the exact location but not hard to find.

There are also lockers in the esplanade. When you're facing the entrance to DCA, they're just outside and to the left (east of DCA's turnstiles.) Might be a good option if you'll end your day in Disneyland.

It has been SO cold the last couple months. Like, highs in the low 60s. This weather pattern will continue for several more weeks. In addition to being cold, it's often drizzly.

You will need a sweatshirt or jacket in the mornings and again after around 5pm. I wouldn't personally bother with a locker. I just tie it around my waist when I don't need it, but lately, I've been wearing it all day at the parks. We hardly see the sun around here anymore.

It has been SO cold the last couple months. Like, highs in the low 60s. This weather pattern will continue for several more weeks. In addition to being cold, it's often drizzly.

You will need a sweatshirt or jacket in the mornings and again after around 5pm. I wouldn't personally bother with a locker. I just tie it around my waist when I don't need it, but lately, I've been wearing it all day at the parks. We hardly see the sun around here anymore.
This is so helpful. Thank you!

Its been helter skelter weather this last week, cold and drizzle some mornings, overcast and warm others. Overcast and cool until early afternoon when the fog burns off and then hot! Hot, cold, hot, cold, humid/muggy. Get a locker, it makes things so much easier. Weird weather for early June. Just keep watching the weather forecast. I generally want something warm for the evenings. It doesn't typically take long for it to warm up in the mornings.

Its been helter skelter weather this last week, cold and drizzle some mornings, overcast and warm others. Overcast and cool until early afternoon when the fog burns off and then hot! Hot, cold, hot, cold, humid/muggy. Get a locker, it makes things so much easier. Weird weather for early June. Just keep watching the weather forecast. I generally want something warm for the evenings. It doesn't typically take long for it to warm up in the mornings.

It hasn't been what *I* would call "hot" this whole last month.

The warmest day was probably last Friday and Saturday, but even then Disneyland Main Street topped out at 74 degrees. It only felt warm by comparison to the dreary cloudy weather we have been used to. The sun finally came out, and that makes a huge difference.

Hot is 90s.

The warmest day was probably last Friday and Saturday, but even then Disneyland Main Street topped out at 74 degrees. It only felt warm by comparison to the dreary cloudy weather we have been used to. The sun finally came out, and that makes a huge difference.

Hot is 90s.
We live in Vegas so 74 sounds amazing! 😂 hasn’t been super hot here yet either, hanging in the mid 80s-low 90s.. makes 74 sounds perfect!

Hot is 90s.
It’s all relative. Today is overcast and cool. Few days ago when the sun fully broke out it was HOT at the pool and on the pier at CA. Yesterday sun broke out for a bit and it was HOT in frontier land and in Star Wars area and then the clouds and breeze rolled back in. Air temp may have been 74, but when you’re sitting in the full sun surrounded by concrete it can feel a lot hotter.

We live in Vegas so 74 sounds amazing! 😂 hasn’t been super hot here yet either, hanging in the mid 80s-low 90s.. makes 74 sounds perfect!
I haven't seen 74 here in weeks (months it feels like!). I'm about 45 minutes south of Disneyland and it's been sooooooo dreary and wet and cool. It's currently 67 degrees and the sun *just* came out for the first time today at almost 3pm. Probably won't last long.

I don't mind it too much, I can't deal with the heat so I'll take the cool days. But my husband is losing his mind, he needs lots of sun. 😂

We just returned from 3 days in the parks and it was a little chilly for most of the day and kind of cold at night/mornings. Sweatshirts were absolutely necessary and like a previous poster said, we were wearing them for most of the day. We had the late WOC dessert party on Tuesday and that was quite cold with the mist and all!

I tend to wear a windbreaker all day, and have a lightweight sweatshirt to put on under it when it gets chilly. I'm also fanatic about wearing a cap for sun protection (even if overcast), which has the added bonus of keeping my head warm and dry from light drizzle or breezes. I find if I have to carry water I only drink a little all day - so I usually rent a locker for a couple bottles of water and to hold purchases etc. There are refill stations but I don't particularly like to use them (feel unsanitary and taste off). The DCA locker is right as you walk in and next to bathrooms so a 2fer if you need to go back there. $7 is such a small investment for a full day of access, even when I barely use it. (P.S. if any sign of rain, be sure to have a decent little raincoat or small umbrella - much cheaper to bring with you and stuff in that locker).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter