Location of AKL concierge rooms

jel0511

DIS Veteran
O.K. I made the switch to AKL concierge this morning and am really looking forward to it. I requested a savanah view, since I know that isn't guaranteed in a concierge room. Now, where are the concierge rooms located and which trail/savannah are they on. Are they scattered through out the 5th floor?? I know there are a few on the sixth flor, but the location of them on the 5th floor would be appreicated. I wasn't sure if I needed to request a specific trail and savannah on my ressies.

I stayed the AKL concierge during December 2001. My room was on the fifth floor, Kudu Trail, about 1/4 down the trail from the lobby. I am not sure if all of the fifth floor concierge rooms are located on Kudu; someone else may know. All of the savannah view rooms on the sixth floor overlook the sunset savannah. If you want your room overlooking the Arusha savannah, you will need to request the fifth floor.

The AKL Concierge rooms are on botht he 5th and 6th floors. The 6th floor rooms overlook the pool or the Sunset savannah. There are only a few rooms on the 6th floor as only the lobby has a 6th floor...the wings only go to the 5th floor. The Concierge rooms on the 5th floor are on both Kudu and Zebra Trails (we've done concierge at AKL twice and were on Kudu the first time and Zebra the second). The rooms all seem to be in the first couple of sections off of the lobby but I am not positive about that.

We have done Concierge on both of our AKL stays and it was terrific!

We just got back from AKL Concierge on Dec. 19th. We had upgraded about a month prior to our trip from a deluxe room. With the AP discount, it was only about $35/40 night add'l. With 5 of us staying - we couldn't eat a light breakfast at Disney for that amount, and the concierge service was great! We also requested a savannah view room. Our only other request was for a non-smoking room for medical reasons. We got a perfect room - 5429. It was on the Arusha Savannah - Zebra trail. Down one corridor from the lobby, it was extremely convenient to the elevator down to the pool/Mara area. The view of the savannah was lovely! The zebra liked to hang around just outside of our balcony area. The other animals were usually easily viewed as well, although the giraffe tended to be way out by the ends of the trail, so we only saw them from our balcony once.

We did go to the viewing areas to see the animals on the other savannahs. We also did the Sunrise Safari. This was wonderful! We checked in with the concierge around 7 am, and grabbed a quick coffee to go. Then we met up with our guides at the Sunset Savannah viewing area, and were bussed out to AK to see the barns, go on an awesome safari - we got dozens of awesome photos! This was followed up by the most delicious breakfast buffet on property, in my opinion! It was pricey, but worth it!

The concierge service was great! They always had juice, coffee, and milk available! It was wonderful for my girls, as they are not soda drinkers. Although they didn't have individual water bottles out, they would very happily get you some if you asked. We got one each every morning as we headed out for the parks.

Enjoy your safari!

CRCrazy,

Thanks for you're post and all the details. Your location sounds perfect, I hope we are as lucky. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Sunrise Safari. My two daughters don't know we're switching midway in our trip. The AKL and the safari will be a big surprise as both girls love animals so much. I think DH and I will get a kick out of it too ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter