• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Local Vero paper reports that undeveloped Disney Vero property to be sold

donaldbuzz&minnie

Happy to be here!
DVC Silver
Interesting article on the front page of the Indian River Press Journal today. GHO Homes is in negotiation with Disney to buy about 26 acres on the far west of Disney's Vero property, in the area across A1A from the resort. Disney would retain the parking area east of A1A.

Still very preliminary, but GHO is thinking of building 18 single family homes and 39 duplexes. (This building density represents a decrease from the allowable 5.85 units/acre to 2.77 units/acre.) If they move forward, construction is probably a year away.

I thought that property had been sold years ago. Guess not.

We enjoyed walking around there. But Disney really isn't doing much at all with it.

Did this happen yet DS is getting married there in Dec. and we were planning on having a party there the night before the wedding. There is an area there with decks that are covered. It looks like a luau area. It would be catered by Disney. I hope this does not happen for awhile.

The property across the street (through the tunnel) last we knew was some recreation areas. Pretty dead for the most part.
I wonder if they will barricade the tunnel..??

The property across the street (through the tunnel) last we knew was some recreation areas. Pretty dead for the most part.
I wonder if they will barricade the tunnel..??
According to the article, the resort parking lot on that side of A1A will not be sold off.

GHO would purchase the land west of the lake at the Disney property on the west side of A1A, up to the Seasons development, Handler said. Disney would retain the resort buildings and facilities east of State Road A1A and the parking area on the west side.
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/l...operty-could-developed-into-homes/1157194001/

According to the article, the resort parking lot on that side of A1A will not be sold off.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/l...operty-could-developed-into-homes/1157194001/
It looks like the parking lot, recreational facilities (tennis courts and basketball court, lake used for fishing) and cast member only maintenance buildings would not be affected, as the unused land to the west end of the property would be sold and developed for homesites. Access would presumably use a new roadway from highway 510 which runs along the north side of the property.

Did this happen yet DS is getting married there in Dec. and we were planning on having a party there the night before the wedding. There is an area there with decks that are covered. It looks like a luau area. It would be catered by Disney. I hope this does not happen for awhile.
Wow, what a gorgeous resort to be getting married! BEST OF LUCK!:love: Love it at Vero, looking forward to our Aug vaca!:-)

Wow, what a gorgeous resort to be getting married! BEST OF LUCK!:love: Love it at Vero, looking forward to our Aug vaca!:-)
Thanks we are looking forward to it, we also love Vero. They are going down in July for taste testing the food and cake. They are great to work with. Reception will be in the Green Cabin room for about 40 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter