• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LL Sell Out?

cndkanga

Mouseketeer
Travelling to Disneyland this summer and watching some of the videos online about the LL some of the lines get a bit longish and it is not peak time. When I go in the summer I will not be pleased to spend money on the LL if I am waiting in long lines, do they have a limited number of LL passes each day to limit the number of people that are in those lines? Or do they limit the number of guests that can use their LL passes so it could be possible on busy days to have the LL passes and have main attractions run out of time slots? I know that the idea is to wait until the afternoon to use the passes but does that change if there are lots of people in the park using LL passes?

There is no limit on sales, just a limit on how many LL return times there are in each slot. They do not sell out anywhere near as fast as they do at WDW.

on a busier day, the slots will just run out faster, and you will have to wait longer to get a slot. On REALLY busy days, the LL lines will also get much longer on certain rides, still not as bad as a regular line, but it can get over 30 minutes wait.

As far as I know, they don't stop selling LL.

Waiting until afternoon to use LL passes seems to almost guarantee longer LL lines, so not sure why that is the advice. Remember that rides break down. And when they do, all those people who had LL slots get to come back LATER, so in the afternoons and evenings, you have all those extra people in lines who got multiple experiences access because rides broke down earlier in the day. The LL return lines are always significantly longer after about 5pm.

LL was intended to address surge issues (typically via availability/pricing). It has been an abysmal failure at both.

Waiting until afternoon to use LL passes seems to almost guarantee longer LL lines, so not sure why that is the advice. Remember that rides break down. And when they do, all those people who had LL slots get to come back LATER, so in the afternoons and evenings, you have all those extra people in lines who got multiple experiences access because rides broke down earlier in the day. The LL return lines are always significantly longer after about 5pm.

Is that the advice because you're limited to only 1 LL per day, so to use it in the morning when the SB line is already pretty short would be a waste? And lock you out of riding the more popular rides in the afternoon when its more crowded?

This is where I CANNOT figure out my touring plan. If I could use LL on rides multiple times, or at least even pick my return time for a LL, it would be easy. But I feel like I'm going to be throwing my money away on Genie+ by either using my LL in the mornings when they're not really needed, or trying to space them out in the afternoon and risk longer lines overall and/or missing some rides altogether.

Honest to goddess I have no idea how to plan my day. :( :( :(

my general advice for someone looking to maximize rides would be to get there at rope drop, do as many of the non LL rides that you can in the morning, like POTC, Peter Pan, jungle cruise, the other rides in fantasyland, etc. then starting about 2 hours later switch to LL rides, and keep on sprinkling in other non LL rides as needed.
you’ll need to keep track of the return times of the LL rides.

On busy days, it’s a good idea to leave the park in the early afternoon, take a breaak, and come back later.
you can do same thing in DCA.

Is that the advice because you're limited to only 1 LL per day, so to use it in the morning when the SB line is already pretty short would be a waste? And lock you out of riding the more popular rides in the afternoon when its more crowded?

This is where I CANNOT figure out my touring plan. If I could use LL on rides multiple times, or at least even pick my return time for a LL, it would be easy. But I feel like I'm going to be throwing my money away on Genie+ by either using my LL in the mornings when they're not really needed, or trying to space them out in the afternoon and risk longer lines overall and/or missing some rides altogether.

Honest to goddess I have no idea how to plan my day. :( :( :(

I just recently at my first post Covid, first trip with Genie + and Lighnting Lanes..

The way I do Disneyland is one park per day, land by land. I don't criss cross the parks. I heavily used the App for wait times and Lightning Lanes. I had a general idea of the order of the lands for each day. My first park day day I did Fantasyland, Adventureland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Galaxys Edge. New Orleans Square, Adventureland, Fantasyland.

I had worked out a touring plan, so I knew the approx times I wanted to be in each land. Then at the times, I checked the App, and decided what to do based on wait times. The Lightning Lanes I almost always bought / booked immediate return times, which really maximized my time, as I could buy / book a Lightning Lane, then go on something with a low wait time, then almost walk on to the Lightning Lane ride.

For Millennium Falcon, I did it 3 times in a row, single rider, Lightning Lane and Standby.

My plan for Radiator Springs was the same, I started with single rider and was going to book Lightning Lane but the ride went down and was down most of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter