• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

lizbro`s trip day 5 fri 16th march

lizbro

Mouseketeer
Lizbro`s trip report day 5 Fri 16th march
Cast – Liz (31) gets a bit obsessed with planning
Stu (36) doesn’t do planning
Mary (9) loves all things Minnie
Ezra (7) all round loony!!
Oscar (5) not sure if he’s peter pan or a pirate?!!

Friday 16th march
Up early today and packing ,today’s idea was to go to La Valee and the sea life centre so once we were packed and cases expanded then sat on to shut we went for our last breakfast (this time armed with books, pens and camera) we had a great view at our table and watched the first people coming into the park,

disney086.jpg

breakfast finished and goodies pocketed we went back up to get our cases and check out ,baggage handed over we waited for the shuttle to La Valee which was about 20 mins ,I think it was 5 E adult and 2 kids ,took only a few mins to get there and we quickly found the sea life centre, it was good to get a break from the park and really enjoyed it although it could’ve been longer, it didn’t seem to take too long to get round ,
disney120.jpg

disney119.jpg

we then needed some food and I saw a café called Pauls which I must have heard of either from the Brits guide or on here but whoever recommended it was right ,we had baguettes and pastries and they were lovely ,then it was hunt down the Auchen which was easy enough to find and huge ,we got snacks for the day and journey home ,then we went back to the information hut to request the return shuttle ,it was about a 10 min wait and the first stop was the Disney hotel so sadly we got out and walked through the hotel to the park for the last time ,it was dd`s turn for big thunder today as she had decided if her 7 yr old brother could go on it so could she ,me and Oscar wished them luck and took up post by the photo point to watch them ,didn`t see them but they rushed out looking thrilled ! We sat and ate some of our snacks before heading to McDonalds for an early tea as we had to be at the train station for about 5pm, seeing as we had about 80 E left we did what any other smoker would do-as we went to the train station we stopped in the shop and spent all but 10 E of our money on cheap fags (well we were going home we didn’t need any more euros did we?!!)
Got to the Disney express point to get our luggage and met up with my friend and her family ,we saw that there was a notice that check in was delayed opening due to an incident in waterloo but weren’t really concerned at that point ,by 6pm there were occasional announcement saying about an incident at waterloo and thanking us for our patience ,we asked the staff around and no-one could tell us anything and of course by now the rumours of the train not even leaving were starting .At about 6.30 (train was due to leave at 6.45)there was a muffled announcement that the train would be going as far as Ashford and hotel accommodation would be provided for anyone going to waterloo, I managed to speak to a Euro star member off staff who was at this point penned in by the lift and she told us that “the train goes to Ashford, at Ashford there are no trains, no buses, no taxis ,no nothing –if you cannot get someone to pick you up from Ashford you must stay here” It was chaos by this point as it was a full train and every passenger was crammed into the area in front of the Euro star check in doors and getting pretty irate ,we decided our best option was too stay put as there were 10 of us in total and it’s a long way from Ashford to Peterborough ,the check in doors finally opened and a lot of people went through but we were left wondering what would happen to us ?
Finally a member of staff told us to go the seating area at the other end of the station and within 15 mins Disney staff were in telling us to follow them, from that point everything ran very smoothly ,we were straight onto a special service bus and taken to the Newport bay –the kids were very excited as one minute they were going home and the next we were on a bus staying –we told them all the train was broken but Mickey had paid for us to stay another night ,so straight into the Newport Bay and we were checked in really quickly and as there were 5 of us we thought we’d have a problem and get split up but no-straight into a family room in the main building 7th floor ( 7246) the room was great and we had a meal voucher for that evening and a breakfast voucher for the morning ,housekeeping were up immediately and pulled the sofa bed out and made it up ,the kids were thrilled because the TV had Disney channel in English and they were asleep really quickly

disney138.jpg

disney137.jpg

I then spent the next hour on the phone to home getting my dog sitter sorted for one more day and running through the whole “hi-we’re still in France “conversation!!!
note my Dis style lime green cases -they were cheap because of the colour but perfect for a disney trip!!!!:thumbsup2
liz

Really enjoyed your TR - Thanks!
How did sea life compare with the UK versions?

I seem to have wiped the memories of THAT JOURNEY :scared: from my memory. I didn't think at the time it would be so easy though :sad2: We decided to risk Eurostar and did get a train (Eurostar staff at MLV were so bad at info) to Waterloo. But it was a tough journey.

SOunds like you had a great trip, wow a free night and meals at NPBC cool!
Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I did notice your DIS suitcases. Were they not a burden carrying around the park just to let people know you were a DISer :rotfl:

Glad that Disney sorted out the fiasco of the trains :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter