Live updates 7/11to 7/16

DVCcurious

DIS Veteran
Family of 4 with 11 year old girl and 9 year old boy. We’re at WdW this week so I’ll be live posting here! We are staying at boardwalk in a 1 BR villa, I rented points. AK Sunday, HS Monday, Epcot Tuesday, MK Wednesday, HS Thursday, MK Friday, HS Saturday morning flying out at 4:00x. Updates at the top as I edit this post.

Monday - Hollywood Studios

Got up at 6:30. Hit the bathroom and googled rise of the resistance boarding groups to make sure I was prepared. At 6:58 I started going back and forth from the first MDE screen and the “join Rise” screen. Right at 7:00 I nailed it and got a boarding group 16.

got to the park at 7:45. We were let in at 8:00 and rode mickeys railway. Then we did Star Tours. Rode Rise of the Resistance at 9:20 then Millenium Falcon. It had a 70 minute wait and we got in line at 9:50

Sunday

Sunday we got up at 5:45 and we’re at the bus at 6:45 for an 8:00 AK opening. We were the second group at the turnstiles! I asked a CM how to use the app for our tickets. But I didn’t have Apple Pay set up so I had to go to the ticket window to get physical tickets. So my family stays in line. The ticket person told me my physical room card would have my ticket but I’d only brought mine. So she gave me cards for the other 3 of us. Then I go back to the line and my wife is like @i have all3 of our room cards” so I didn’t even need to go to the ticket boothin the first place!

we walked onto Avatar then Safari then Everest with a 10 minute wait. My son didn’t want to go so we took turns waiting with him. We rode DINOSAUR and then it was 10:30. My group liked Avatar except me. I get why people love it but those rides just aren’t my bag baby. I don’t ride soarin and I only do Star Tours because I was a boy born in 1976 so of course I love Star Wars. But I get why the ride is so popular. It’s very well done and feels real, which is what I didn’t like motion-sickness wise.

We had a 11:15-11:45 flame tree pick up and it was 10:30 so we went to Navi River Journey with a 40 minute wait. I liked that ride quite a lot! The reviews I’ve read say it’s boring and short. But I thought it was great for what it is: a family friendly boat ride. We ate at flame tree and it was fantastic. Really good food.

we did the 12:30 festival of the lion king and we sat in the second row. The show was great. After that we hit the bathroom and the girls had to wait in a huge line while the men were in and out quick. I’m sure you didn’t expect that!

we did the safari again. The driver was monotone and there weren’t as many animals out so it was worse. Then we walked the gorilla trail. That was pretty cool. Aft 2:30 we did the bird show which was fun.

We rodeDINOSAUR again then did it’s tough to be a bug. We left at 4:30. We headed back to the pool and had dinner.

Flight of Passage
Navi River Journey
Festival of the Lion King
Safari x 2
Gorilla trail
Expedition Everest
DINOSAUR x 2
It’s tough to be a bug

Saturday

Saturday we were supposed to leave JFK at 11:00. We had Torrio AlTuna reservations for 6:00. Our flight was delayed so I cancelled the reservation. Finally took off at 4:00 after a 5 hour delay. Got to Boardwalk about 8:30. I went to the speedway to get drinks and snacks for the week. Family checked out the scary clown pool that doesn’t have the scary clown anymore. At 9:30 we decided we needed food so I ordered a pizza at the boardwalk. There was a 45 minute wait! We walked over to bravo club and out onto the dock and then the Epcot fireworks started. Perfect timing! So we watched those then went back and got the pizza. Went to bed about 11:30

Last edited:
Family of 4 with 11 year old girl and 9 year old boy. We’re at WdW this week so I’ll be live posting here! We are staying at boardwalk in a 1 BR villa, I rented points. AK Sunday, HS Monday, Epcot Tuesday, MK Wednesday, HS Thursday, MK Friday, HS Saturday morning flying out at 4:00x. Updates at the top as I edit this post.

Monday - Hollywood Studios

Got up at 6:30. Hit the bathroom and googled rise of the resistance boarding groups to make sure I was prepared. At 6:58 I started going back and forth from the first MDE screen and the “join Rise” screen. Right at 7:00 I nailed it and got a boarding group 16.

got to the park at 7:45. We were let in at 8:00 and rode mickeys railway. Then we did Star Tours. Rode Rise of the Resistance at 9:20 then Millenium Falcon. It had a 70 minute wait and we got in line at 9:50

Sunday

Sunday we got up at 5:45 and we’re at the bus at 6:45 for an 8:00 AK opening. We were the second group at the turnstiles! I asked a CM how to use the app for our tickets. But I didn’t have Apple Pay set up so I had to go to the ticket window to get physical tickets. So my family stays in line. The ticket person told me my physical room card would have my ticket but I’d only brought mine. So she gave me cards for the other 3 of us. Then I go back to the line and my wife is like @i have all3 of our room cards” so I didn’t even need to go to the ticket boothin the first place!

we walked onto Avatar then Safari then Everest with a 10 minute wait. My son didn’t want to go so we took turns waiting with him. We rode DINOSAUR and then it was 10:30. My group liked Avatar except me. I get why people love it but those rides just aren’t my bag baby. I don’t ride soarin and I only do Star Tours because I was a boy born in 1976 so of course I love Star Wars. But I get why the ride is so popular. It’s very well done and feels real, which is what I didn’t like motion-sickness wise.

We had a 11:15-11:45 flame tree pick up and it was 10:30 so we went to Navi River Journey with a 40 minute wait. I liked that ride quite a lot! The reviews I’ve read say it’s boring and short. But I thought it was great for what it is: a family friendly boat ride. We ate at flame tree and it was fantastic. Really good food.

we did the 12:30 festival of the lion king and we sat in the second row. The show was great. After that we hit the bathroom and the girls had to wait in a huge line while the men were in and out quick. I’m sure you didn’t expect that!

we did the safari again. The driver was monotone and there weren’t as many animals out so it was worse. Then we walked the gorilla trail. That was pretty cool. Aft 2:30 we did the bird show which was fun.

We rodeDINOSAUR again then did it’s tough to be a bug. We left at 4:30. We headed back to the pool and had dinner.

Flight of Passage
Navi River Journey
Festival of the Lion King
Safari x 2
Gorilla trail
Expedition Everest
DINOSAUR x 2
It’s tough to be a bug

Saturday

Saturday we were supposed to leave JFK at 11:00. We had Torrio AlTuna reservations for 6:00. Our flight was delayed so I cancelled the reservation. Finally took off at 4:00 after a 5 hour delay. Got to Boardwalk about 8:30. I went to the speedway to get drinks and snacks for the week. Family checked out the scary clown pool that doesn’t have the scary clown anymore. At 9:30 we decided we needed food so I ordered a pizza at the boardwalk. There was a 45 minute wait! We walked over to bravo club and out onto the dock and then the Epcot fireworks started. Perfect timing! So we watched those then went back and got the pizza. Went to bed about 11:30
Any updates since Monday? We arrive July 28th and are still holding out some hope for a reasonably fun trip (wait times aside).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter