Live Trip Report - Who's with me??

Me!!

Look forward to reading a lovely live trip report……..

Have a safe flight and look forward to reading along……. :wave2:

Well here we are in the airport with two hours to kill! Welcome to my live (ish) report..I'll be on mobile so excuse any errors.

Let's get started. I'm musika and travelling from wintery Nova Scotia with DH, DC10 (our oldest is non binary), and DS7. We have been to the mouse house twice but never universal. I booked rooms on a whim 11 months ago but we didn't actually make a decision on whether to go until...December!

Our oldest is a huge Harry Potter fan (as am I) so what better place to go for your 11th birthday on the 11th. Here's a pic of how they found out they were going.

PXL_20230130_172926261.jpg

We have a plane! Gross and rainy here in YHZ, can't wait for that sunshine.

PXL_20230210_200655790.jpg

Current hot take on universal shuttle. Our plane was searched by Canada customs before we could board so we landed 45 min late and just missed the shuttle by 3 minutes ughhhh so now we wait on the next one which doesn't leave until 10pm.

Pros: it's here waiting and we are sitting in air conditioned comfort.

Cons: in the off hours anyway it leaves every 30 minutes. Great to have a set schedule but it's very frustrating at the end of a long travel day!

Now everyone cross their fingers that Portofino bay isn't the last stop lol.

Question- anyone got a late night food option in case we miss out on Sal's?

Current hot take on universal shuttle. Our plane was searched by Canada customs before we could board so we landed 45 min late and just missed the shuttle by 3 minutes ughhhh so now we wait on the next one which doesn't leave until 10pm.

Pros: it's here waiting and we are sitting in air conditioned comfort.

Cons: in the off hours anyway it leaves every 30 minutes. Great to have a set schedule but it's very frustrating at the end of a long travel day!

Now everyone cross their fingers that Portofino bay isn't the last stop lol.

Question- anyone got a late night food option in case we miss out on Sal's?
Unfortunately many places there close down their grills between 10 & 11. Room service is always an option but can take a long time to prep and deliver. Thirsty Fish bar there at PBH might be open until midnight but not sure when they stop food service. Good luck! I sure miss Jakes late night menu that they had awhile back at RPR.

We made it at 1045pm!

Shuttle ride was smooth and 25 min from airport to endless summer. We were 2nd stop so not terrible. All a bit tired and hangry but our room more than makes up for it... Photo tomorrow :) View attachment 738997
Jackpot on making it in time for food!! Yay! Have a good night’s sleep and enjoy PBH and the parks. PBH is beautiful.

We made it at 1045pm!

Shuttle ride was smooth and 25 min from airport to endless summer. We were 2nd stop so not terrible. All a bit tired and hangry but our room more than makes up for it... Photo tomorrow :) View attachment 738997

Glad you arrived safely and ultra glad you got some food!!

Being hangry is never fun……..and hope you slept well ready to start your visit.

Count me in too! I'm too chicken to try a trip report at this point, so am happy to hear from someone who is doing their first one!
Congrats on the room update, and can't wait for more.

Slow start to this am. DS has an earache that's coming and going so he didn't sleep well. Today was DCs bday and my friend made a t-shirt that said "I solemnly swear it's my 11th birthday". I give it 100 percent of the credit for this experience. If anyone has any live questions will do my best to answer.

Current hot takes:
- need or want, express pass is the bomb. The couple of rides I timed with waits of 45 min we were at the preshow by 10 min
-

PXL_20230211_173342078.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter