Live TR ~ 9/7-9/17

Need some DIS Board help! Please help with "didn&rsquo." I see it too frequently for it to be a typo. :) I have officially added "make custom t-shirts" to the to-do list. Also, did you hang a "green mickey" anywhere on your campsite? Anyone noticing? Debating my creative ideas for the "green mickey."

I still crack up thinking how much I made fun of my DH for this Board! Kinda having a Toby Keith moment... "How do you like me now??" lol - G

Need some DIS Board help! Please help with "didn&rsquo."

It's didn't, when typed into some platform that doesn't render it to the board properly. the ' gets changed to rsquo (right single quote) so you see didn plus the & that says it's joining the rsquo and then generally you'd see a t there on the end. It's not a typo - she types it in right - but between what she's typing on and when it's received at the board, it's just a text encoding problem.

Back to lurkdome and your great TR.

Day 4: We did indeed go to MK again today and it was much quieter. The plan was to head straight to see Tinkerbell, since she was at the top of DD2‘s must see list. We didn’t quite make it to rope drop, but we were a lot earlier than we had been the day before and everything went as planned. We got over to MK at 9:10 and went straight to Adventureland. DD2 had dressed as Tinkerbell for the morning and was just glowing with excitement. We had never made it to Pixie Hallow before, so we were very happy to see that the line ahead of us was very short. DD2 finally got to meet Tink (and her sister Periwinkle!) Disney did a great job with Pixie Hallow - the kids were just thrilled with it!

After that DD1 had a major meltdown. She wanted to go on the carpet ride, but the rest of the family wanted to go through the tree house. I tried distracting her by offering to go meet Ariel with her, but Ariel wasn’t meeting until 11am. Cue even more hysterics. When the treehouse was done we did go on the carpet ride, but she had to share the controls with DS1. Even more waterworks. Finally the ride was over and we all agreed to go on the Pirates of the Caribbean. As we got there the pirate tutorial was starting so we watched that. As we were standing there they were looking for volunteers. DS1 and DD2 were willing and would have loved it... but who did they pick? DD1.

Up she went. And she was perfectly happy and cooperative until they asked her to point her finger. Then she refused. She just kept saying “I don’t want to”. Finally Captian Jack asked her what she did want to do and she said “I. Don’t. Know.” DH and I were laughing so hard. Of all the children they could have picked they chose the one who was as stubborn as anything. (She’s our redhead if anyone is wondering.) Finally she agreed to flee and after that was as happy as can be. We all got such a laugh out of it.

The rest of the day was pretty nondescript. The typical stuff - Haunted Mansion, Teacups, It’s a Small world - that kind of thing. We headed back to the campground about 2pm and relaxed for the rest of the day. The kids got to swim and we went to the campfire. Then we went to watch the fireworks. In case anyone was wondering, the Hallowishes fireworks were at 9:30pm. There was a bit of confusion over what time they were starting and one cast member told us 11pm. But just as we were packing up to leave thinking the fireworks wouldn’t be for a while yet they started. I tried to photograph the fireworks, but it’s hard from the beach since there’s no light on that island. So when I got the fireworks exposed properly the rest of the scene was black and just looked like pitch black darkness. When I exposed for the island the fireworks were overexposed and all the beautiful colors were white. I’ll have better luck at the park on Friday I’m sure simply because there are other areas that are lit to give some depth.

Tomorrow we’re going to Chef Mickey’s and then thinking about taking the day off. The kids are beyond exhausted and we could all use some down time.

Yay for a magical day at MK. I always worry that one of my stubborn kids would be picked for something like that.

Day 5: I’m sitting here listening to the campfire show and getting eaten alive by mosquitos. Gosh they are bad right here!

We didn’t end up taking the day off, but I’m kind of wishing we had. We started with Chef Mickey’s, which was great. The baby boys LOVED seeing Mickey and all day were talking about “the mouse”. I didn’t get to eat much, but that’s pretty normal. I’m looking forward to the babies getting just a bit older so DH and I can sit down to eat again!

After breakfast the kids were begging to go on the monorail. As I mentioned, we had been planning on taking the day off from the parks. But DD1’s Merida crown had broken and I had promised her we’d go trade it (the new one is breaking too, so hopefully it will last through halloween!) The kids also still needed a few signatures for their shirts (they had each made a Mickey tie-dye shirt and were having all the characters and princesses sign them). DH took the twin boys back for naps while I took the other kids to MK with my mom and sister. We grabbed fastpasses for the princesses and mickey (why anyone would go through those lines for no reason is beyond me!) All in all we were there about an hour. I was surprised though - the princesses all remembered the girls (well, except for Cinderella, who was a different woman than the other day.) Merida, Rapunzel and Belle all commented on how they remembered the girls. You can imagine that made their day. I explained that we had forgotten the shirts the first time around and they were happy to sign them.

In case anyone else plans on having shirts signed, here’s a little tip. Bring along a couple of embroidery hoops. It stretches the fabric so the character can sign them without needing a clipboard or anything. We tried the clipboard too and it failed miserably. The hoops worked SO much better! The 6” hoops were large enough for signatures but small enough to fit in my bag.

Then we went back to the campground where we were meeting up with DH for pool time. But the kids were fighting and just miserable by that time, so we had lunch and rested before going to HS at 4pm. We were only at HS for an hour and a half before we called it a day. I had forgotten how many of the rides were geared toward older kids. They have Disney Jr there and the kids saw Jake, Handy Manny and Phineas and Ferb, but other than that much of it was too old for them. Heck, they don’t even know what Star Wars is. Same goes for Indiana Jones. I don’t doubt the 3 older kids would have found some of it interesting, but the babies wanted nothing to do with any of it. They did like the Disney Jr show though.

Once we got back we had sausage and peppers waiting for us in the slow cooker, ate and got the boys in bed. DH is off at the pool with the older kids now and I was attempting to watch some Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime before giving up. Definitely not an exciting day. Tomorrow is our day off, and we won’t be doing anything other than lots of pool time and napping. I’m looking forward to it!

Haha Angelmom - isn't that the truth? Everyone got a good laugh out of it though. If all the kids they picked were perfectly behaved it wouldn't be nearly as funny as far as the show goes.

What a beautiful family (including the parents ;)).

I have to admit I had a mental image of someone in a calico dress with Duggar hair until I saw the pictures... :) Shame on me for thinking in stereotypes about families with lots of kids. :blush:

(I thought at first when you were talking about "DD1" that she was a one year old, so I guess it's just not my day!)

Thank you for sharing your wonderful report!

Day 4: We did indeed go to MK again today and it was much quieter. The plan was to head straight to see Tinkerbell, since she was at the top of DD2‘s must see list. We didn’t quite make it to rope drop, but we were a lot earlier than we had been the day before and everything went as planned. We got over to MK at 9:10 and went straight to Adventureland. DD2 had dressed as Tinkerbell for the morning and was just glowing with excitement. We had never made it to Pixie Hallow before, so we were very happy to see that the line ahead of us was very short. DD2 finally got to meet Tink (and her sister Periwinkle!) Disney did a great job with Pixie Hallow - the kids were just thrilled with it!

After that DD1 had a major meltdown. She wanted to go on the carpet ride, but the rest of the family wanted to go through the tree house. I tried distracting her by offering to go meet Ariel with her, but Ariel wasn’t meeting until 11am. Cue even more hysterics. When the treehouse was done we did go on the carpet ride, but she had to share the controls with DS1. Even more waterworks. Finally the ride was over and we all agreed to go on the Pirates of the Caribbean. As we got there the pirate tutorial was starting so we watched that. As we were standing there they were looking for volunteers. DS1 and DD2 were willing and would have loved it... but who did they pick? DD1.

Up she went. And she was perfectly happy and cooperative until they asked her to point her finger. Then she refused. She just kept saying “I don’t want to”. Finally Captian Jack asked her what she did want to do and she said “I. Don’t. Know.” DH and I were laughing so hard. Of all the children they could have picked they chose the one who was as stubborn as anything. (She’s our redhead if anyone is wondering.) Finally she agreed to flee and after that was as happy as can be. We all got such a laugh out of it.

The rest of the day was pretty nondescript. The typical stuff - Haunted Mansion, Teacups, It’s a Small world - that kind of thing. We headed back to the campground about 2pm and relaxed for the rest of the day. The kids got to swim and we went to the campfire. Then we went to watch the fireworks. In case anyone was wondering, the Hallowishes fireworks were at 9:30pm. There was a bit of confusion over what time they were starting and one cast member told us 11pm. But just as we were packing up to leave thinking the fireworks wouldn’t be for a while yet they started. I tried to photograph the fireworks, but it’s hard from the beach since there’s no light on that island. So when I got the fireworks exposed properly the rest of the scene was black and just looked like pitch black darkness. When I exposed for the island the fireworks were overexposed and all the beautiful colors were white. I’ll have better luck at the park on Friday I’m sure simply because there are other areas that are lit to give some depth.

Tomorrow we’re going to Chef Mickey’s and then thinking about taking the day off. The kids are beyond exhausted and we could all use some down time.

KCP1377 I am really enjoying your trip report! You are doing a great job and I feel like I'm along for the ride.

I love your story about your little one refusing to perform. That sounds so much like my youngest boy (who's now almost 10). As a toddler he was beyond stubborn and if he didn't want to do something by golly he wasn't going to do it. My brother asked him to be the ring bearer for his wedding when he was 3 and a half. We had to turn it down because we knew he wouldn't perform and would cause a scene. :) Gotta love the little buggers!!

Haha Lisa! I get that a lot. :) And really, we didn't start off looking to have a big family. We had our DS, then wanted a sibling for him and got 2. Then I wanted one more and got 2 again. :lol: After 5, what's 1 more? :) Even though we have 6 kids I do think of them as 4 "sets" somehow. I wouldn't change a thing now of course.

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying it! I love reading TRs myself so figured I'd give it a go!

Stupid photobucket isn't working for me (won't give me the upload button). Anyone else use something that might work?

Ok... got imageshack to work. :)

Here's DD1 at the pirate tutorial...
disney20129800.jpg

disney20129816.jpg

Older kids with Merida
disney20129669.jpg

(I don't usually get pictures of them actually meeting the characters since we buy the photopass CD anyway - I'd rather just enjoy watching the interaction! But I couldn't resist this one - the colors were so rich and beautiful around her!)

DD2 going to meet Tinkerbell!
disney20129730.jpg

The 3 older kids on the back of our Kenny Cart!
disney20129478.jpg

Some of the Halloween decorations...
disney20129545.jpg

disney20129549copy.jpg

The kids at the front entry... Not the best shot, but all of them are actually in the picture!
disney20129747.jpg

Quinn's preferred method of transportation...
disney20129564.jpg

The boys are at the stage where they run from my camera any time I get it out...

It was wonderful to meet you too! Your girls are all adorable! The kids all crashed when we got back - 4 of them are just waking up from their naps!! :)

You have a BEAUTIFUL family, love the pics. You might not have set out to have a large family but you sure are a natural at it! I'm enjoying the TR and noticing all the things you do to make WDW even more magical for your family.

Beautiful family. The red hair oh my. You take wonderful pics. I love your wrap. The geckos are so cool.

Just found your live report. I love live ones. Hope by now ya'll had a down day. Kids are cutie pies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter