Live stream discussion - Disney Treasure reveal 11am EST today!

Ship 8 goes in the other direction - it’s the Global Dream megaship (I’m assuming name will change) they purchased mostly complete and are basically just retheming/“Disney-fying” that will at least initially sail out of Asia.
ok that's the one people are talking about

Ship 8 goes in the other direction - it’s the Global Dream megaship (I’m assuming name will change) they purchased mostly complete and are basically just retheming/“Disney-fying” that will at least initially sail out of Asia.
Oh, okay, gotcha! Thanks for clarifying!!

The Wish and now the Treasure have the Hideaway (located next to Vibe) which is a space geared for the 18-20 group.
Good to know! We missed it on the Wish - we'll be on the lookout if/when we book the Treasure.

The Wish and now the Treasure have the Hideaway (located next to Vibe) which is a space geared for the 18-20 group.
The Hideaway isn't open all the time, just for select times. It's actually half of the Vibe space; they have a wall divider that they can move to cut the Vibe location in half and use it for the 18-20 year olds during select times.

While I agree it's something, it feels like a shoehorned solution -- it impacts the Vibe location when the young adults have their gatherings, and young adults can only go hang out when there are scheduled activities, not whenever they want.

I understand the need to keep "adults" and "kids" separate, but one nice thing about both Vibe and Edge was the overlapping ages. It didn't always work out for my kids, but it was nice to have options when you were in those in-between ages. I get that they aren't going to create a space where my now-17 and now-19 year old can hang out, and in another year, it won't be an issue from the kid vs adults, but it does feel like a bit of a miss.

Good to know! We missed it on the Wish - we'll be on the lookout if/when we book the Treasure.
You probably missed it because it's not actually a separate space. We went hunting for it when we boarded the Wish because we saw it on the maps, but when we signed up my teenager for Vibe, that's when we learned that the Hideaway is actually just half of Vibe cordoned off for the young adults during set times during the sailing. They don't allow adults and teens to mingle, so some of the time Hideaway is open to the teens (ie, not divided off) and sometimes it is for the young adults (separated for the 18-20 crowd). You have to check the schedule to see when it is open for Young Adults.

The more I think about the timing of the Maiden the more confusing I feel... are they going to decorate the ship with brand new Christmas everything just to pull it down a couple of weeks later? Or skip entirely? Doing all that on top of hosting first guests is going to be so hard..!

The more I think about the timing of the Maiden the more confusing I feel... are they going to decorate the ship with brand new Christmas everything just to pull it down a couple of weeks later? Or skip entirely? Doing all that on top of hosting first guests is going to be so hard..!
Interesting dilemma. I'm guessing that they will decorate for the holiday even though they will have to take it down quickly. I really can't see Disney not decorating.

hosting first guests is going to be so hard..!
There will be some shake-out cruises (cast member/media preview/friends&family, etc.) prior to the "Maiden" so it won't be their first time with guests.

And working out all the little things that come with a maiden voyage. That's a loooooot to pile on to one sailing.

And working out all the little things that come with a maiden voyage. That's a loooooot to pile on to one sailing.
Again, it's not a true "maiden" voyage in the sense that they've never sailed with passengers.

They will have several "shake out" cruises beforehand - media preview, cast member, friends & family, etc. which are to do exactly what they're called (shake things out) leading up to the christening and the so-called "maiden" voyage.

Again, it's not a true "maiden" voyage in the sense that they've never sailed with passengers.

They will have several "shake out" cruises beforehand - media preview, cast member, friends & family, etc. which are to do exactly what they're called (shake things out) leading up to the christening and the so-called "maiden" voyage.
Right, but DCL is calling it the "maiden voyage," and it will be the first sailing with paying guests. I've heard from guests that were on the Wish MV that noted there were things that still needed "shaking out," and the Wish also had some preview cruises (though I think some got cancelled because the Wish was delayed).

Right, but DCL is calling it the "maiden voyage," and it will be the first sailing with paying guests. I've heard from guests that were on the Wish MV that noted there were things that still needed "shaking out," and the Wish also had some preview cruises (though I think some got cancelled because the Wish was delayed).

I think they theoretically have built in more time with the Treasure though. I've heard some speculation that she may be over here by late October which would give much more time for shake outs before the "maiden".

At any rate, barring something like COVID shutting or slowing things down, I don't see them being as pressed for time as they were. Plus it's basically an identical twin in terms of structure and venue (just different themes in some cases) so they know where the problem areas are.

I don't think the Fantasy will continue doing 7s.

I think the Fantasy stays at Port Canaveral but switches to some combination of 4 to 6 night sailings including trips to Lighthouse Point.
I can see the Fantasy doing 5/5/4 rotations but ideally I’d love to see them throw an occasional 9/10 night in there. Maybe 6 a year.

The Wish also got delayed about a month. We had two b2b booked a few weeks after the original maiden voyage. All got cancelled and the new maiden started on the day we were supposed to finally get off. We are enjoying two long cruises this year with the discount we got for being cancelled.

Bingo - I should have said paying guests, as that is what I was thinking of when I said 'first guests'. We were on the Maiden and were very glad we got a nice discount cruise bringing it to within the normal pricing range. We still experienced a ship that wasn't fully fleshed in a lot of obvious ways, but at least we did not pay a premium on top of it. I don't think there will be an issue this time as Dug720 mentioned since they've been there done that during a build out now.

I think they theoretically have built in more time with the Treasure though. I've heard some speculation that she may be over here by late October which would give much more time for shake outs before the "maiden".

At any rate, barring something like COVID shutting or slowing things down, I don't see them being as pressed for time as they were. Plus it's basically an identical twin in terms of structure and venue (just different themes in some cases) so they know where the problem areas are.
I think they have more built in time since they now know the original timeline was simply way too short... some things like the Uncharted game took months and months to get going even beyond missing signs, maps, holes in the walls, cancelling basic things like a manicure in Hooks' because the basin hadn't arrived yet, etc.

I don't believe they'll decorate it at all because of all the bloggers/media/travel agents that will be on the first few sailings. They're going to want video/photos to be undecorated.

The timing is a little odd.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter