Live stream discussion - Disney Treasure reveal 11am EST today!

Have to ask.
How long before the Grand Hall statue has to be repaired because someone tried sitting on it?
You know someone will.

I was generally underwhelmed with the reveal. I can't even imagine what the inaugural cruise prices will be for a 7 day during the holidays. I think they will price out many people.

I was generally underwhelmed with the reveal. I can't even imagine what the inaugural cruise prices will be for a 7 day during the holidays. I think they will price out many people.
Opening prices are posted on the DCL website.

Sort of OT: but what is with marketing these days? I didn't mind the "reveal" but I thought the print media they sent the bloggers and the like was soooooo much better at rendering the artistic detail.

My Wish sailing is not for another 6 months, and I'm not opposed to booking the Treasure if need be but I might hold off until I see what they're doing with the Fantasy.

Here's my prediction:

Magic: Stays in the Bahamas/Caribbean, with an occasional trip to Bermuda. She will move around a lot with some combo of Fort Lauderdale, New Orleans, Galveston, and San Juan. Perhaps Port Canaveral. I think Disney wants her to stay closer to home.

Wonder: Remains the West Coast ship. No real changes. Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, Australia from various ports. I will be surprised if she ever sails in the Atlantic Ocean again. She is fitted for the Alaska sailings and has been very popular over there.

Dream: Remains the same, which is what the Magic did for a long time. Bahamas/Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale, Europe from various ports, and a fall season of Canada and Bermuda from NYC.

Fantasy: Splits time between Mexico and Bahamas/Caribbean. She is moved to Fort Lauderdale to do a mix of itineraries while the Wonder does the Mexico trips. Then when the Wonder moves to Alaska/Hawaii/Australia, she takes over in San Diego until the Wonder comes back.
I hope you are right!! This gives me the ships I want where I want them!

One thing I do wish DCL would add in general is a club/hangout space for adults 18-20. It wasn't until my kiddo turned 18 that we suddenly realized the dearth of spaces really geared for that age group (at least, not without them cutting Vibe in half to do it). Now that one son is an adult, and the other still a teen, they don't make use of any of the teen/adult spaces because they cannot hang out together, and my adult son isn't interested in dance clubs or bars as a place to hang out.
Strongly agree with this. My daughters haven't been able to be together in a club/hangout space since my eldest aged-out of Oceaneer's. Now she's aged out of Vibe (just as my younger daughter is aging in), and there really isn't anywhere she "belongs". Feels like the club age brackets need to be refined and there should be a young adult space added.

Another thing I've noticed, which is a downstream impact of the absence of 18-20yr old space on the ship, is the adult pool behavior/activity has shifted. If you brand a space "Quiet Cove", then having a loud collection of 18+ people fooling around in the pool doesn't track with what Disney is advertising. If there was a "young adult" space separate from the "quiet" space, that would solve for this.

I really don't see me ever doing the newer ships. I've read too many reports about crowded dining rooms and a list of other things that have turned me off. I'm not in the camp of "experience it for yourself and see" when it costs that much money. I love the 4 original ships and am totally content on those. But I like 7 night cruises out of Florida. If those aren't an option then I don't see me cruising DCL in the future. Which isn't the end of the world. We've cruised lots of other lines and have absolutely loved them! We like DCL a lot but if I'm not going to get the ship and itinerary that we want I don't see a reason to pay twice the cost of other lines.

So, the Treasure is taking over the Fantasy? Where will the Fantasy go? Will the Wish remain the same(ports and number of nights)?

When I was briefly looking I noticed Christmas 2024 when Treasure comes out that the Fantasy has a 3 and a 4 day bahamas cruises on the schedule. Not sure if that means she will stay with the 3/4 day cruises but I saw that when I was looking.

Lol it’s not a DCL post without people being vocally negative 😂 I think it looks really fun! Especially excited about the Coco restaurant that they say will feature traditional Mexican dishes with a “modern twist.” Looking forward to sailing on her at some point.
The coco restaurant is what I am most excited about! There is a restaurant in Epcot, San Angel Inn, and holy guacamole can Disney kill it with Mexican food! I likely am not one that'll go for the hyped up prices for now on the Treasure but eventually I'll check her out

Strongly agree with this. My daughters haven't been able to be together in a club/hangout space since my eldest aged-out of Oceaneer's. Now she's aged out of Vibe (just as my younger daughter is aging in), and there really isn't anywhere she "belongs". Feels like the club age brackets need to be refined and there should be a young adult space added.

Another thing I've noticed, which is a downstream impact of the absence of 18-20yr old space on the ship, is the adult pool behavior/activity has shifted. If you brand a space "Quiet Cove", then having a loud collection of 18+ people fooling around in the pool doesn't track with what Disney is advertising. If there was a "young adult" space separate from the "quiet" space, that would solve for this.
The Wish and now the Treasure have the Hideaway (located next to Vibe) which is a space geared for the 18-20 group.

When I was briefly looking I noticed Christmas 2024 when Treasure comes out that the Fantasy has a 3 and a 4 day bahamas cruises on the schedule. Not sure if that means she will stay with the 3/4 day cruises but I saw that when I was looking.

Here's the Fantasy daily schedule through the end of 2024: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/itineraries/ship-sailing-schedule/?ship=4

After the set of 4 nights and one 3 night, there is a 7 night eastern cruise departing on Sunday December 29, 2024. Now that the 2024-2025 Treasure schedule has been announced, this schedule makes sense to have the Fantasy break out of its regular Saturday sailing to have the Treasure take that day.

The coco restaurant is what I am most excited about! There is a restaurant in Epcot, San Angel Inn, and holy guacamole can Disney kill it with Mexican food! I likely am not one that'll go for the hyped up prices for now on the Treasure but eventually I'll check her out
I hope not. I don't like 3-5 night cruises. Too short.

Here's the Fantasy daily schedule through the end of 2024: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/cruise-planning/itineraries/ship-sailing-schedule/?ship=4

After the set of 4 nights and one 3 night, there is a 7 night eastern cruise departing on Sunday December 29, 2024. Now that the 2024-2025 Treasure schedule has been announced, this schedule makes sense to have the Fantasy break out of its regular Saturday sailing to have the Treasure take that day.

I feel like the 4 and 3 nights were to help re-set the calendar and give them wiggle room if the Treasure was available earlier in the month.

Agree. I've now done 2 cruises on Celebrity and have another booked for next summer. I love their new Edge class, and loved my sail on the older, more traditional-style Summit. Especially given that the Edge class has solo cabins with their infinite veranda, I can easily see Celebrity becoming my go-to brand. It's sad because I've loved sailing DCL, but price-wise and pretty much everything else-wise, Celebrity is seeming like a much better fit for my needs. (I do miss the Disney entertainment, but I can always stream Disney+ if I get their higher internet package (still less than Disney's has been).

I have one that I'll soon be booking on the Wish for my best friend's wedding, but that may be it. Sadly one cruise before hitting Platinum status.

I am glad to hear that - I actually have three Celebrity cruises booked next year, but haven't actually sailed that line yet. It sure looks like a good alternative to DCL for the things we value in a cruise line. All our bookings are a bit tentative due to a health issue in the family, but I am pretty confident my wife and I will make at least one sailing, which would be on the new Edge class ship. Don't want to hijack this thread, but I do think its relevant to the topic of the new ship, since DCL appears to be moving away from appealing to families of all ages with the new designs.

As a West Coast person and a big fan of the Dream/Fantasy class... boy I hope that comes true. Maybe we can do a little better than boring jaunts to Ensenada on the Wonder. I'd die to have them sail from San Fran, but perhaps that's impossible... only Princess seems to do it regularly.
Celebrity does too, and San Francisco is a frequent stop for them as well

I am glad to hear that - I actually have three Celebrity cruises booked next year, but haven't actually sailed that line yet. It sure looks like a good alternative to DCL for the things we value in a cruise line. All our bookings are a bit tentative due to a health issue in the family, but I am pretty confident my wife and I will make at least one sailing, which would be on the new Edge class ship. Don't want to hijack this thread, but I do think its relevant to the topic of the new ship, since DCL appears to be moving away from appealing to families of all ages with the new designs.
We are in a similar boat (no pun intended), but substitute Virgin Voyages and Princess in lieu of Celebrity...

Wait so DCL is going to have 8 ship where did I miss that one lol
Yeah, I was late to the party on that info too! I just happened to stumble upon it while on the blog with the archive of personal navigators. I think from what I have seen on here it will be another ship similar in size to the Wish and Treasure. Triton class? That may not be the correct name of it. But I am kind of hoping that DCL builds a new ship similar in size to the Magic or Wonder. 🤓 I realize I’m likely in the minority on this and I’m not trying to start a debate around it! Please don’t crucify me!! Just saying that was my hopeful wishing when I saw Ship 8. 🫣😁

Yeah, I was late to the party on that info too! I just happened to stumble upon it while on the blog with the archive of personal navigators. I think from what I have seen on here it will be another ship similar in size to the Wish and Treasure. Triton class? That may not be the correct name of it. But I am kind of hoping that DCL builds a new ship similar in size to the Magic or Wonder. 🤓 I realize I’m likely in the minority on this and I’m not trying to start a debate around it! Please don’t crucify me!! Just saying that was my hopeful wishing when I saw Ship 8. 🫣😁
Ship 8 goes in the other direction - it’s the Global Dream megaship (I’m assuming name will change) they purchased mostly complete and are basically just retheming/“Disney-fying” that will at least initially sail out of Asia.

I just know of the Global one they bought that will stay in Asian Market

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter