Live Report: 4 Park Roller Coaster Day - The Sequel

ziravan

Welcome Home
My DD7 and I had a 4 park, 17 ride roller coaster park day in Feb.

It ended being stuck on Space Mountain and finishing the ride with the lights on.

Coming back on the ferry that night, DD7: "Next Time, we're going to break our record!"

http://www.disboards.com/threads/live-report-from-our-roller-coaster-day.3378861/

Today, June 13, is next time.

Live reports on our attempt to ride 18 or more mostly marquee rides will begin when Hollywood Studios opens in a few hours.

More to come.......

We got about a 20 min late start that was compounded by magic band failures. I had to wait at the resort to get my band turned back on for my room and then wait again at guest services at Hollywood studios to get my annual pass reloaded back on my band.

So, multiple delays and this is Star Wars weekend. Hollywood studios was always going to be the most problematic park today.

09:03 in line for Rock n roller coaster. 30 min posted wait.

(We checked Toy Story first: 85 min wait. TSMM is the first victim of our schedule delay. Scratched from our to do list).

We are touring with a 2yr old and we have accumulated ride swaps throughout the week we've been here. We will use several ride swap FPs today.

This isn't cheating. For everyone of the ride swaps we use today, either myself of my DW skipped a ride during the week. Delayed gratification to help with roller coaster day.

We do not have a FP or ride swap for Rock n Roller. That said, we are ride swapping our 30 min standby wait, and this means DD7 will ride back to back, first as standby, then as ride swap fast pass.

image.jpg

Posted wait 9:03 - 30 min. Time on ride - 9:31 and that includes waiting for front row.

1. RNR 9:31 (front row)
2. RNR 9:50 ride swap FP (posted wait 45 min) (1st row again, this time random not requested.)

Last edited:
Next up, two rides on Tower of Terror, both with ride swap FPs (DW doesn't like this ride so we have both swaps for her from earlier in the week.)

image.jpg

3. ToT 10:10 (posted 30 min wait).
4. ToT 10:40 (posted 40 min wait).

Last edited:
Star Tours x 2 on ride swap FPs

image.jpg

5. Star Tours 11:10 (posted 50 min wait).
6. Star Tours 11:35 (posted 60 min wait).

Last edited:

image.jpg
This is a "cheat": we had 2 star tour ride swap FPs but the CMs were too busy to collect the first one.

So, DD will ride 3 times (twice with DW, once with me) on two Ride Swap FPs:

This will put us back on track numbers wise from losing TSMM at rope drop.

Currently 70 min wait and Star Wars weekend is in full swing.

7. Star Tours 12:00

Off to EPCOT.

Last edited:
Waiting for EPCOT bus (want to enter front of park or would have taken boat).

image.jpg

8. Spaceship Earth 1:00 (posted 25 min wait, actual about 15 min).

This is one of DD7's favorite rides, thank the Phoenicians....

Website keeps crashing while trying to upload photos, will try more later.

ETA: I was busy typing so DGS2 selected Spanish for us to listen to on Spaceship Earth...

Next up, in line for Test Track: 50 min posted wait.

9. Test Track 1:50

Last edited:
Mission Space Orange 20 min posted wait.

10. Mission Space Orange 2:15

Last edited:
Next up Soarin'. We have 1 ride swap for this ride and there is a 75 min wait. Both DW and I want to ride so the plan is to standby first ride and get ride swap and then twice with two rideswaps.

So, DD7 will ride three times.

In the meantime, DGS2 gets to play with grapes, a banana, and apple juice in the A/C in the Land.

image.jpg Soarin' wait has gone from 75 to 60 to 55 min wait since DD7 and DW got in line.

Hoping that's a good sign.

ETA spoke too soon, back up to 65.

Now back to 70.

Now 85. Sigh.

Last edited:
11. Soarin' 3:55 (75 min posted wait, 70 min actual).

We're moving on to Animal Kingdom. We'll use our extra Soarin' rideswaps tomorrow. We're running behind for Animal Kingdom.

image.jpg At Animal Kingdom at Dinosaur - posted wait time 10 min.

12. Dinosaur 5:10

Last edited:
Expedition Everest posted wait time 20 min.

13. Expedition Everest 5:30

Last edited:
image.jpg Whew! Break time! Tusker House for dinner so DGS2 can have some Mickey Time. And then, some downtime at the resort and Magic Kingdom after dark...

image.jpg image.jpg

A dip in a lava pool, my DD7 learning she loves the big slide in the Poly pool, a melted dole whip, a Trader Sam's Poly Pearl, and we're almost done with our break...

Almost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter