Live from SSR

DisneyFed

DIS Veteran
So we got in yesterday with little to no drama. Somehow I managed to make really good time and we rolled into the check-in loop about 2 hours and 45 minutes after leaving the driveway.

We got put in The Paddock and it's a pretty good location. Right next to the Paddock pool and bus stop; and a short walk up to the larger pool, spa, restaurants etc.... Would probably be better if it was actually pool weather...LOL. Of course, that hasn't stopped the Canucks who are enjoying the pool while the lifeguards keep diligent watch in warm up suits...LOL

We did personalize Magic Bands and had them with us to use. They also gave us KTTW without us asking for them as "back ups just in case". Seven day Park Hopprys later and we were oute door! Very smooth check in.

We took it easy and explored the resort for a bit. We like it. Room not as big as OKW, but personally we might like the resort itself a bit better. ,

Hit Wal Mart in Kissimee for groceries and what not. DW continues to ask me "if I know where I'm going" down here despite

1. Never getting lost

2. Fishing multiple bass tournaments in this area every year.

3. Working down here all the time

We called it an early night and hit Magic Kingdom this morning. Garreth hardly slept at all and was punch drunk before we ever got on a bus..LOL.

Magic Bands worked well for my wife and I. Garretth's did not. The Mickey would only turn blue. A plaid vest swooped in with an iPad and quickly let us in but sent us to the Theater to correct the issue. They quickly corrected his (ticket wasn't linked) and put two extra any time Fastpasses on all of our accounts for the trouble!

It rained most often day so we didn't stroll around much. Rode everything we wanted to with no hiccups.

I tested the system and found I could pull paper Fastpasses with the KTTW, though with the low Standby times and the two extra Fastpasses I never pulled any more and never use the one I pulled.

We (and by we I mean everyone but me---my mom and dad, DW and G-man) were dead, so we called it early. By 1830 we were back in the room eating!! By 2000 G-man was snoring..and right now I'm the only one awake...LOL. It has been a long week though, and we are at MVMCP tomorrow night so an early night ain't a bad idea..LOL

We're hitting Animal Kingdom in the morning..coming back for a quick nap before the party.

Will check in tomorrow at some point.

Any questions about what's going on down here...lemme know!

Glad to see you are having a great time so far, enjoy your trip. Just to clarify anything above 60 is pool weather for us!! Especially when in Florida. :lmao:

Have fun at the party tonight!!

Yesterday we hit Animal Kingdom and pretty much had it done by lunch time, which included two trips on Expedition Everest, as well as a Safari and a trip back in time on Dinosaur.

First Snafu with the Magic Bands...when I went to grab Fastpasses on Fastpass +, we only knew of two definite times so I picked one of the options that only had two experiences figuring I would just add my third later....NOPE. When you pick the option with two choices, you give up your third Fastpass. Now, they fixed it and added a third for me, but it would be nice to know this heading in.

Regardless, we finished up and headed back for a nap and to chill before the Party.

MVMCP was really good and we had a great time. Good shows and great fireworks. Made for a late night.

Soooooo....we slept in this morning and didn't get to DHS until noon!

We had our first Fastpass+ Tiered experience today. The app would not allow you to book Rockin' Rollercoaster, Haunted Mansion, and Toy Story Mania (which had been out go Fastpass+ for months anyway...which I think is ridiculous....). Plan accordingly. I foresee people booking that six mons in advance and the passes being loooong gone for people who don't book as far out. I also think it's outrageously stupid that people testing the Magic Bands only get three...and in some cases tiered like today, while people staying off site can grab possibly twice as many paper Fastpasses. Don't tell me about Fastpass+ for the shows or rides (like pirates) which normally can't be Fastpassed. B. S. I've been watching...very few doing that. Heck, I Fastpassed the Indiana Jones show today just to do it because I was ticked...and we were the only ones in the Faspass+ line. Show was awesome by the way, first time I've seen it.

Oh, and the app was frozen for a good part of the day today.

It was really a moot point as we did RNR on Standby ( which was 20 minutes) and because it was G's first ride (he LOVED it...go figure LOL) one of the attendants gave up any time Fastpasses to ride again, so we never needed the + version. TOT was also just a 20 minute wait so we knocked that out easy too.

We always consider TSM a lost cause and I think we're the only ones who think it sucks anyway, so we don't even fool with it.

Other lines were pretty short, so we pretty much had it finished off early too. Osborne lights was really cool and G loved it too!

We ate dinner at Rainforest Cafe and called it a night.

Tier system is biting us again for EPCOT tomorrow as it's Soarin' or Test Track (not both), so Soarin' it was.

Sorry, but I'm going to pull paper Test Track FPs tomorrow because I have heartburn with the three pass limit and the tier system.

Current review of MB and FP+:

Not a fan.

The tier system put me over the top. They cannot justify to me why I can't FP two headliners and those using off site can. That's inexcusable during a Beta Test for me.
Being only able to pull three when I had a buddy test the paper system and pull seven in the same amount of time is also inexcusable.

We'll see how tomorrow goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter