Live from OKW - First Visit

FriendsOfEeyore

Proud Parents of EJ!
This is our first stay at OKW. We can tell why the original DVCers love this resort. It is beautiful. Our 1Br is nice.

Only one problem. The carpets are filthy. The first day here was Sunday. I went to take shower Monday morning (I hate wearing socks when inside). I stepped into the shower to turn the water on and stepped back out to let it heat up. I look at the floor of the shower and there were my muddy footprints. I looked at my feet and they were BLACK.

I told DW look at this, and she was taken aback. I am a clean fanatic. She went to my 4 year old son, and the bottoms of his socks where the same color. Thankfully, he always wears socks when he is indoors.

We are overlooking the 6th green on Miller's Road. This is a very nice and convenient area. We arrived at 9:30am Sunday and we had our choice of areas, views and rooms. We chose a first floor, golf view. That way the boy would not disturb any other guests below us.

We are in building 17 overlooking the 6th green, across the water fountain to the archway bridge.

We spent Sunday and Monday just hanging out at the resort. DS loved the air hockey table. I think that he beat me. It was his first time ever playing. He did some sand art and painted a birdhouse. Everyone has been very nice to us.

One sad story... Family of like 12 were swimming, playing ping pong and volleyball yesterday and somebody stole a purse from their party in the pool area. The purse belonged to a 16 year old. Had her license, cell phone and all of her spending money. What I can not confirm is that the front desk was apparently no help. The whole family was teling everyone and anyone that would listen about their problem.

I felt sorry for them, but the front desk and the concierge desk have been nothing but helpful to us.

That's all for now,

Edward

Hope you have a great trip. Gross about the floors. I feel sorry for the girl who lost her purse but......what can you expect a CM to do.

Glad to hear you are happy.

We had the same problem with the carpet in bldg 21 in Jan. Needs a GOOD shampoo.

As for the girl/family... I feel bad for her but it is not up to OKW/WDW to fix, IMO.

We love OKW too & can't wait to be back in May!

Glad you like our home. Sorry you have dirty rugs though. We have seen it on occation too.

As for the theft....WHY would ANYONE leave a purse unattended ANYWHERE??? It boggles my mind that anyone leaves valuables like that unattended in an obviously public place. Not much OKW staff could or should do other than call police. Not sure why stupidity on the part of one party should make it an emergency for all others.

Thanks for your report. Hope the rest of the trip is as good. Make sure you report the carpets....often, the only way that mousekeeping knows about an issue is due to guest reports. Remember...they don't live the units for days on end, so they will not notice things that people who are living there will.

Glad you like our home. Sorry you have dirty rugs though. We have seen it on occation too.

As for the theft....WHY would ANYONE leave a purse unattended ANYWHERE??? It boggles my mind that anyone leaves valuables like that unattended in an obviously public place. Not much OKW staff could or should do other than call police. Not sure why stupidity on the part of one party should make it an emergency for all others.

I agree, why tkae a purse to the pool and leave it unattended? I fell bad for her, but there is no excure for lack of common sense.

Thanks for checking in! I'm glad you are enjoying OKW -- sorry to hear about the carpets. Be sure to report that.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

If you are a DVC member, I would have got the manager and demanded a point reduction for the stay or a room with clean carpets. My sister inlaw has requested that when very bad things have been wrong with rooms & received them. If you are a guest of a member, you should tell them so they can ask for the point reduction. I have stayed at OKW plenty of times, never had any problems. The rug problem you speak of is not something you should have to put up with.

1) For the pool theft - the Front Desk cannot do anything, but call security.
2) Unfortunately, people should know better.
3) For the carpet, complain to the Housekeeping Manager - now!

I agree, why tkae a purse to the pool and leave it unattended? I fell bad for her, but there is no excure for lack of common sense.

Well, her only excuse for lack of common sense is the fact that she's 16 years old, and lack of common sense seems to be the #1 symptom of "teenager syndrome".:rolleyes:

I have a feeling the teenage victim won't make that same mistake twice. Sometimes people just have to learn things the hard way (and I'm no exception to that - I made dumb mistakes like that when I was a teenager too).:goodvibes

Speaking of leaving valubles out in the open. I once let a vacationing friend borrow my car. She stopped at a park and left her purse on the front seat. Surprise surprise, someone smashed the window and stole her purse.

It cost her whatever $$ she had in it and it cost me $300 to get the window fixed. And no, she never offered to reimburse me. To this day I don't know why I didn't ask her to at least pitch in towards the window damage.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter