Live from HHI

mittelst

Mouseketeer
Yes, that's right - I'm reporting live from HHI, aka Heat and Humidity Island. We're in a 1BR in bldg 11, getting a weak but usable WiFi signal from Big Murggies. Temps in the 90's during the day, only down to 80 at night. Heat index is currently 114! We're having fun, but it's too hot to just hang outside. We've either been in the pool/ocean or in air conditioning.

Is this typical for HHI this time of year?

Thanks...

Awe... I want to be were you are right now... heat, humidity, everything. We have that here in the Shenandoah Valley of VA... so I might as well be at HHI. Take that dolphin tour in the morning.

BTW, in case you haven't learned yet, there is wireless access at the main pool too. Maybe even a better signal than outside the den. I don't know about the ocean pool.

Is this typical for HHI this time of year?

Very typical. We have been there every July from 2001-2006 and it was exactly as your describing. This year we tried March and found we actually prefer the heat & humidity. We'll be back next year!

Enjoy the rest of your trip! :cool1:

Record temp of 99 matched at Charleston yesterday.:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
Supposed to stay this way through the weekend.

You bet I'd rather be hot here than anywhere else!

Just got done with a workout at Bend and Stretch's - I'd like to see them expand the space and equipment.

No beach today - got a little crispy yesterday :-). Daughter is off doing a craft at the comm. hall. I think shopping is the ticket for this afternoon.

We bought 2 beach chairs upon arrival. Anyone arriving 8/11 or after is welcome to them. I'll start a separate post for that solicitation.

Till next time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter